A showcase with @LACannon, author of Burning love

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

I wanted to write something with strong MCs -mentally talking. I wanted to talk about harsh topics as infertility, miscarriage, depression and how can all those things affect someone's life.In this case, she's a Psychology professor and he's a Firefighter. Both have problems that make them feel vulnerable and weak and they're scared to let the other know, but they don't want to live scared forever and they fight through it together.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story?

This was my first story and I never took lessons on how to write one, so the biggest problem I had was how to build a good plot that made sense, I've learned as I wrote to separate the different stages of the story when to raise the stakes and so on. That and the language because I'm not an English native speaker

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

They're enjoying it and they're always eager to read the next chapter (some hate cliffhangers and they hate me for that, lol). But some people had thanked me for writing a story that's equally sexy and sweet with characters that feel relatable. And for some reason, they say that my dialogues feel real.

P.s: I can't even express how thankful I am for all the support they're showing me, I feel flattered beyond imagination.

4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

Building up the tension between the two characters to finally make it explode in the sexiest way. I also enjoyed a lot writing the parts where sensations were the protagonists. I'm all about psychology and I like to enhance that part when I'm writing, it doesn't matter if it's happy feelings or distress and anxiety. Emotions are a big part of all my stories

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

At the moment it's a stand-alone, but I'll have to think if there'll be a second part. I've fallen in love with my characters and feel kind of sad now that I'm getting to the end of the story.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

That hardships don't last forever, and they're as big as you want to make them. That no matter how tough life is, you can always fight to find a way out, you just gotta rely on your inner strength and on those that love you.

7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story?

Plan ahead the most important parts of the story (like what moves the characters to act the way they act, what their goals are, what they want and need, what forces them to share the same path and the twists that will leave your readers without breath).

 Don't EVER upload a chapter until you have a few because later you might want to change some details that will make your readers be like "what the hell?" and you might lose some on the way. Be careful with your grammar and punctuation, writing is not only about having a great imagination but also being able to express your ideas in a good way.I'd also tell them to contact other writers they like, read their stories and don't be afraid of asking for advice. Try to make friends, they're the best support you'll have here.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

I think all my characters have a piece of myself or the people around me. The real world is my inspiration.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers?

I think that what attracts readers to my story is having a good cover and a good blurb. Then having a first chapter or prologue that leaves them wondering what happens next. Making them relate to the MC right from the start so they want to stand by her/his side throughout the book and see the happy ending after so much drama. Also, having a good balance between sex scenes, sweet moments and drama.

10 do you have any future projects?

I'm actually starting to write a new book about rock stars. The two MCS are broken souls that find each other in a crazy world. They've suffered a lot in their lives and each one of them chose to get out of the horror in different ways (he was into drugs and she went to therapy for years), but then they find each other in the middle of it all, and they'll have to decide whether they stay together or not because the emotions are so strong that they could either fix them or destroy them completely.

 They've suffered a lot in their lives and each one of them chose to get out of the horror in different ways (he was into drugs and she went to therapy for years), but then they find each other in the middle of it all, and they'll have to decide w...