A showcase with @Midnight_Love, author of Craved

what inspired the idea of your story? 

What inspired me to write this particular story was an idea that came to me after reading an author's spin on Snow White. I loved the steaminess behind the story, as well as the plot the author mapped out. After reading, I wanted to try my own hand at recreating the adult version of our fairy tale stories. Pulling them into a more modern feel that still takes us through the fairy tale journey. Craved takes the spin on The Little Red Riding hood.

2 what was something you struggled with for your story ? 

The thing I struggle with most in writing Craved is finding the right path to take the characters. I often let my characters tell their own story, as I'm merely the scribe to it all. I want them to have complete freedom, yet I want the story to stick to the main goal. I often find myself wanting to go a different route when writing it. One that I find exciting, yet it's not beneficial to the main plot of the story. 

3 what has been the overall response to your story from your readers?

Overall the response that I've gotten from readers honestly has been crickets. I see there are others out there reading, but there has been little to no physical response (votes, comments) on the story. I'm keeping hope alive that things will pick up soon enough and everyone is waiting to read the best for last.

 4 what did you enjoy writing most of your story? 

What I enjoy most about writing Craved is the chemistry between my two MC's. From strangers to long lost friends. What's better than that? They're both exploring new territory yet wanting to hold onto the past. Wanting to use each other as a shield from the dark path they're living.

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series? 

Craved is a stand-alone novel yet it is a part of a series. It's the second installment of the Fairy Tale Series. Each book takes on the life of a fairy tale story, yet they are separate.

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I would love for my readers to take with them the thought that no matter how tough, or how crazy life gets, you can always come out on top. Even if that means losing everything and everyone to gain an even better hand. Darkness doesn't always win, you just have to find something worth fighting for and keep pushing.

 7 what's a piece of advice you would provide to another writer, when it comes to focusing on their story? 

My piece of advice... Keep writing. When you're sad, write, angry, write. No matter what mood you're in just write. It doesn't have to be your current W.I.P but never stop writing. If you get stuck on a certain part in your story, think of what you want to happen in your story somewhere down the line and write that. Who knows maybe that will help you to figure out the pieces in between. You just may come up with something better.

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself? 

I try not to put myself in with my characters, but it's kind of hard not to. The only similarities right now between my characters and I would be the loss of a loved one and their sense of adventure. They live hard lives, yet enjoy the best out of what they're given.

9 what's something you believe would draw in new readers? 

If I were to change the story a bit, I would hold off the initial meet between the two characters in the beginning. It may draw readers in more and get them wondering what exactly is going to happen between the two and how will they really meet.

10 do you have any future projects?

I have tons of future projects planned. I am putting together a new series called Elemental Fate. Yup, you guessed it. Each book with depicting a certain element with fantasy creatures representing those elements. I'm excited about it. I still have a ways to go before I can start writing, but the build-up will be worth the wait. It will be my second attempt at writing fantasy.