A showcase with @CoffeeAndBooks17, author of Forget (A novella)

1 what inspired the idea of your story?

My imagination interferes with my reality ; I see a lot of things that aren't really there ? I sound crazy, I know, but it helps for writing lmaoo

2 what is something you struggled constructing with your story?

Plot. I had an idea that emotions came in bottles (like bottling up your emotions?) and it was in the prologue, but I never really mentioned it until 24 chapters later. I wander off sometimes...

3 what did you enjoy writing most of your story?

I had two readers // that at least commented // and said they enjoyed it. Liked the build of suspense and intrigue, which made me feel motivated to write more chapters.

4 what's the overall response of your story from your readers?

I loved creating the "punishing" scenes (*cough* Chapter 15). Because even though I've never ripped out a vampyre's bones before, the description made the readers think so. And their reactions were priceless !!

5 is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series ?

it is a part of a saga ! There will be 2-3 books after "Forget" is finished !

6 what would you like your readers to take away from your story?

I hope every reader finishes reading "Forget" with a sense of uneasiness. There are so many books and movies that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Which is good, euphoric emotions tend to make you remember the moment or movie easily. But I hope they see the book and shiver. Maybe even say "That book was scary." Something like that c:

7 what advice would you provide to fellow writers, when it comes to focusing on their own story?

To be a writer, you just need to write. Even if it's half a page, even if you're not published, or if all you do is write a sentence a day about random shxt in a journal. Just WRITE. No one is watching (at least not at first). It's just you, the page, and a pencil. So chill your tits, take a deep breath, and pour your soul onto a sheet of tree

8 does your main character share any similarities to yourself?

Kira, a main protagonist, is very much badass. She's cold, apathetic, and just a wee bit protective. I'm shy enough to come off as apathetic, and when anyone bullies anyone... Let's just say you better not be in the same room (or platform) as me...

9 what is something about your story you believe would draw in new readers?

Something eerie. Violence doesn't work. Some heartfelt speech like "Oh no they died"... It. Doesn't. Matter. Your reader doesn't know the character you're  talking about. But, if you leave them, again, with a sense of uneasiness, or anxiety, they're gonna be like "oooh that was weird... I got chills and I'm not even to the part where one of the main characters dies... This should be good!"  

10 do you have any future projects?

"A Moon's Darkness" is a fairly new novel that is a deadly supernatural romance, but this time, it deals with werewolves