Father's Day- The Fag Swag

David Bradley walked into the kitchen and stumbled back as a very small person attached themselves to his leg. He smiled down at his son.

                “Happy father’s day daddy!” 5 year old Nick said.

                “Thank you Nicky,” David said, bending down and lifting Nick into his arms.

                “You’re the best daddy ever,” Nick said, kissing his cheek and giggling. “I love you!”

                “I love you too,” David said with a smile.

                “Oh, this is so cute!” Morgan said, running over to them with a camera. “David, Nicky, smile!”

                Nick put his arms around David’s neck and the two of them smiled at the camera as Morgan took pictures. When she was done, Nick turned his attention back to his dad.

                “Daddy, I got you a present,” he said.

                “Oh yea? Can I see what it is?” David asked.

                “Yea!” Nick said, and David set him down.

                Nick grabbed a neatly wrapped gift off of the table and ran it over to David. David took it from him and unwrapped it.

                He pulled out a messily made card that had asymmetrical people drawn on it that he supposed was himself and Nick. He finished opening the gift, revealing two nice dress shirts.

                “Mommy helped,” Nick admitted.

                “But Nick picked the colors,” Morgan said with a wink.

                “Yea daddy! I picked the colors! ‘Cause blue and green are your favorite colors,” Nick said happily.

                “Thank you Nicky. I love the shirts. I think I’ll wear the blue one to work tomorrow,” David said with a smile. He held his arms out to Nick.

                Nick ran into his arms. David smiled and began to tickle Nick. Nick shrieked with laughter, making David’s smile grow. The happiest day of his life had been the day Nick was born. He loved the little blond boy so much it hurt.

                “I love you Nicky,” he said, pulling him up and hugging him again. He kissed Nick and stroked his hair. “I love you so much.”

                “I love you too daddy! You’re the best daddy in the whole world,” Nick said, hugging him back.

                David smiled softly at him, beyond grateful that he had Nick in his life.

                                                                                                ***

                David walked out into the living room and Nick looked up from the couch. He shoved is phone back in his pocket and offered his dad a smile.

                “Happy father’s day!” he said.

                “What, I don’t get a hug?” David asked.

                “NICKY, GIVE YOUR FATHER A HUG. YOU WOULDN’T BE ALIVE WITHOUT HIM.”

                Nick winced as his mother hurried out. “Oh my lanta woman! I was going to give him a hug!” Nick said, getting up off of the couch.

                He went over to David and hugged him. David hugged Nick back and kissed his forehead before releasing him. He eyed his son, no longer a cute little kid but a handsome teenager.

                “Oh, right! Here, I got you something,” Nick said, heading back over to the couch.

                He picked up the present lying next to the couch and went over, handing it to his dad. David took it and unwrapped it.

                He smiled at the contents. It was two picture frames. One held the picture Morgan had taken so many father’s days ago. The other was a picture Nick and David had taken together a few days ago.

                “I love you dad. Thanks for everything. For putting up with me, and being so good to Phil, and being the only person in my life isn’t out of their mind crazy,” Nick said.

                David laughed. “I love you Nick. You make me so proud,” he said, putting an arm around his son.

                “Even if you are a slut, daddy and I love you Nicky,” Morgan said, smiling affectionately at the two.

                “Oh my lanta. You ruined it mom,” Nick groaned.

                David laughed again and ruffled Nick’s hair. “You’re a good kid,” he said with a smile.

                “You’re still the best dad in the world,” Nick said.

                “And you’re still the best son in the world,” David said, hugging Nick, loving him as much now as he had the day he had been born.