Gateway- Teaser #1

Max stretched and let out a groan. “I am exhausted.”

                “Wear a shirt that fits,” I said, smacking Max’s exposed stomach.

                He grunted and shoved me away from himself. He tended to wear shirts that rode up when he moved around too much.

                “I dress how I want,” he said and took a bite of his burger.

                “So, uh, you guys are friends?” Taylor asked, looking between the two of us.

                “Roommates,” I said. “We roomed together last year, didn’t kill each other, and decided to room together again. We live in a quad with our two other friends.”

                “Speaking of which,” Max said through a mouthful of food. “Wes texted me. Are you going out Friday?”

                “Obviously,” I said, rolling my eyes. “And don’t talk with your mouth full.”

                “Wear clothes that fit. Don’t talk with your mouth full,” he mocked. “Jesus, I thought I got away from my mom when I was here.”

                I ignored him, turning to Taylor. I felt kind of bad for losing my patience with him earlier. It wasn’t his fault Amy was making me train him.

                “Are you going out on Friday?” I asked him.

                He shook his head slowly. “No, probably not,” he said and nibbled on his lip.

                “Have you even gone to a party before?” Max asked.

                Taylor shook his head and Max snickered. I elbow him in the side, shooting him a glare. He shoved me away from himself again.

                “You should go out. There are some fun parties around here,” I said.

                “Maybe,” he said, eyes dropping to his plate. “I’ve, uh, never partied before.”

                “How have you never partied before? You’re in college, man!” Max said. He winced and glared at me. “Shad Harmon, if you elbow me in the side one more time, I will rip your arms off and beat you to death with them.”

                “It was a muscle spasm,” I said innocently.

                “So was this,” he said and punched me in the shoulder roughly.

                I rubbed my shoulder. “I’m going to steal your key and lock you out again.”

                “I’m going to have sex on your bed every weekend,” he said.

                I made a face. “Why not? You’ve already thrown up on my bed twice.”

                Max grinned at me. His eyes slid over to Taylor, eyeing him like a predator. “See what you miss out on when you don’t go to parties? You can piss on random peoples’ cars and throw up on your best friend’s bed, and no one gets mad at you for it.”

                “Oh, I got mad at you,” I assured him.

                “But you still made sure I didn’t drown in my own puke those nights,” he said, his grin getting wider. “Admit it, Shad. You don’t get mad at me.”

                I sighed and shook my head, turning back to Taylor. “Seriously though, Taylor. You should go out to at least party. Who knows? You might like it.”

                “I’m not big on partying,” he said with a nervous shrug. “I’ve never even been drunk before. I don’t see what’s so fun about it.”

                “Man, what isn’t fun about it?” Max said, laughing. “Taylor, I can’t wait to see you drunk. I feel like you’d make a complete moron out of yourself.”

                Proving he had some sliver of intelligence, his dodged away from my elbow. Taylor was blushing lightly now and playing his fork.

                “Don’t listen to Max. We’ll take you out some time and ease you into the life,” I said.

                Max nearly choked on his food. “What do you mean we’ll take him out? I’m not babysitting a lightweight!” he said in annoyance. He eyed Taylor with distaste. “Besides, he seems like the type who would be clingy. The kind you couldn’t leave alone a party.”

                Taylor was biting his lip, not looking up. His face had heated up and he looked like he severely regretted coming to the dining hall with us.

                “Please Max, you ride my ass when we go to parties. Besides, who are you to call someone a lightweight? You’re lucky if you can hold down three shots,” I said.

                I watched the anger growing in Max’s eyes. Why the hell was I pissing off my best friend just to defend Taylor?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- Okay guys, this was the other story I mentioned working on! It's called Gateway and it takes place in a college setting (holla to everyone who wanted that). I know that this didn't reveal much about Taylor or anything, but that's because he's pretty shy for the first few chapters.

As you can probably tell from the title of the story, it's going to focus on Shad pulling Taylor into the vices of college life and the way it changes people and whatnot.  It's a pretty interesting story for me to write. I'm battling writer's block, so I started pulling inspiration from my 2009-2010 stories (which is how I got the names for a lot of the characters in this story) and I'm actually kind of excited to watch this story unfold.

So, let me know if you guys are interested in this story! I'm also working on the other one, so I might post them around the same time (if you want me to, that is). So if you want more teasers or you like the little taste of it, let me know!