Halloween Special- Alone Together

"Trick or treat," Micah said shyly, gripping my hand tightly.

"Well, aren't you adorable!" the woman who had answered the door said. She bent down and dropped some candy into Micah's bag. "Happy Halloween!"

"Thank you," Micah said, blushing.

"Thank you," I said to the woman. "Have a nice night."

I led Micah down to the end of the driveway, where Jonas was waiting for me. We climbed into his car, having reached the end of the block. Jonas started driving.

"Got a lot of candy, Micah?" he asked.

"Yea!" Micha said, gripping his bag. It was getting late, but there was one last house to hit before we called it a night.

Jonas parked the car and we got out. Micah came over to me, taking my hand again. Jonas followed us up the steps of the porch this time, Micah ringing the doorbell.

We waited until the door was opened. Micah peeked up shyly.

"Happy Halloween," he said.

"I believe the phrase is 'trick or treat'," Ace said, grinning.

"Trick or treat!" Micah said.

"I choose treat," Ace said, grabbing some candy and tossing it into Micah's bag.

"Can we come in? We wanted to show off Micah's costume," I said. Micah was dressed as Stitch, and I was wearing a Stitch hoodie.

"Who am I to kick you out of your home," Ace said, a sharp curve to his words. But I ignored it and stepped inside, Jonas following us.

"You going out?" I asked Ace.

"Obviously," Ace said. He was dressed as Link. He grinned at me. "My clothes will be off by the end of the night, anyways. But it's always fun to be a childhood idol."

"Safe sex," I reminded him. Something told me he wasn't always safe when he hooked up with guys.

"Yea, yea, mom," he said.

"It's not like your mom was around to teach you," Jer said, coming into the hallway. "The kid as destructive alien? Can't see it."

Micah moved a little closer to me. Jer and Christian still scared him, though he'd become a little braver.

We all moved out to the living room, where the guys were lounging on the chairs and couch, watching Halloween. They looked over as we entered.

"Hey. Did Joshie stop by?" I asked.

"Yea," Ike said. "But I kicked him out. He had a party to go to with some friends." He glanced at Micah. "Hey, kid. Good choice of costume."

"Thanks," Micah said, smiling. He loved Lilo and Stitch. Probably because he knew how Stitch felt, trying to find a family and ending up with kids who were just trying to make things work.

"I was Stitch the year the movie came out," Christian said. "My parents dressed up as Nani and David and took me out."

"And then they died in a car accident. Life is so ironic," Jer said.

"Sometimes I wouldn't mind cutting your brakes," Christian said.

Jer barked a laugh. "Big talk, fucker."

I lifted Micah into my arms. Jonas came over to me and pulled my hood up so that I was matching Micah.

"There," Jonas said, kissing my cheek. "Now you're both adorable."

"Ohana," Micah said to us, wrapping his arms around my neck. He nuzzled against my shoulder. "I love you, Lex. I love you too Jonas!"

"What, we're not Ohana anymore?" Ike said. "I see how it is. The kid forgot us, guys."

"No!" Micah said, blushing.

"He's joking," I assured. The bonds between me and the guys in this house were so strong that I would be surprised if anything could break them. Even after what Ace had done, here we all were, sitting in the same room as though nothing had happened.

But I had new bonds, too. I put an arm around Jonas's waist, drawing him closer to myself. He smiled at me and Micah.

Micah dug candy out of his bag and offered it to us. "We can share!"

"Thanks, Micah!" Jonas said, taking it from him since my hands were a little occupied between the two.

Micah closed his eyes sleepily. "My mommy used to take me trick or treating. My daddy never went with us. I'm really happy you and Jonas took me together, Lex."

I shifted him so he'd be more comfortable against me. "It was really fun, Micah."

"Kid's tired. Just sleep in your room tonight," Ike said, folding his hands behind his head.

I glanced at Jonas. "Want to stay here?"

"Sure," he said. "I'm pretty tired too, actually. I was up early this morning."

"Let's go sleep. See you guys in the morning," I said.

"Uh-huh," Ike said without much interest. Christian and Jer were too busy watching people being murdered on TV, and Ace was grinning as he texted on his phone.

Jonas and I went upstairs. I tucked Micah into my bed, as he was now fast asleep. I pulled off my hoodie and went over, kissing Jonas.

"Thanks for coming out with us," I said.

He put his arms around me. "It was fun," he said with a smile. "Happy Halloween, Alexis."

We laid down in the bed with Micah, Jonas and I carefully pressed together to give Micah room. I put my arms around Jonas, kissing his neck.

"It was the best Halloween I've had in a while," I said, closing my eyes.
Jonas put his hand on my chest and Micah curled against my side. I smiled as I drifted off to sleep, glad I could finally enjoy holidays again.