Thanksgiving- Nick and Phil

“Thanksgiving?” Phil asked.

                I nodded and smiled. “Yes, Thanksgiving.”

                “I don’t celebrate it,” Phil said with a shrug.

                “What?! Why not?” I asked, frowning.

                I thought for sure that Phil would’ve celebrated it with Angel. Angel’s parents owned a restaurant and we’re very talented in the kitchen. I had heard Angel telling Molly that he and his 6 brothers and sisters helped their parents make food for Thanksgiving.

                “Because. My mom either works, or goes off to a bar with friends. And Angel and his family spend all day Wednesday making food together and then go out of the city to spend Thursday with family,” Phil explained impatiently, as if I was supposed to already freaking know this.

                “Well you’re celebrating it with me and my family this year!” I said stubbornly. I would not take no for an answer.

                Phil groaned. “Do I have to? Thanksgiving is a family day. You should spend it with your family.”

                “I want to spend it with my family and my boyfriend,” I said, taking his hand in mine. “Besides, it’s just me and my parents. The rest of my family is scattered throughout different states. We only get together on Christmas, not Thanksgiving.”

                “Fine. But only if it’s okay with your parents,” he grumbled, glaring at my floor.

                I grabbed his chin and tilted his face so that he was looking me in the eyes. I smirked at him, bringing my face so close to his that my lip brushed against his when I spoke.

                “My floor didn’t make you mad. Don’t glare at it,” I breathed.

                Phil didn’t bother responding to me. He just closed the incredibly small space between us and pressed our lips together. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

                Phil pushed me back on my bed and unbuttoned the plaid shirt I was wearing. He pulled it off me and bit my bottom lip.

                I granted him access to my mouth as his hands eagerly explored my chest. My hands trembled slightly as they fumbled with the zipper on Phil’s jacket.

                “NICHOLAS NATHAN! BAD BOY! STOP BEING A SLUT!”

                Phil and I both jumped in surprise at my mom’s voice. Phil rolled off of me and I flashed my mom a charming, innocent smile.

                “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said, batting my eyelashes at her.

                “Nice try but sluts can’t pull off an innocent look,” she said, placing her hands on her hips and giving me a stern glare.

                “Mom, can Phil spend Thanksgiving with us tomorrow? He doesn’t have anyone to spend it with,” I said, wrapping my arm around him.

                “Sure!” mom said, instantly brightening up. “I think that would be lovely!”

                “Thanks,” Phil mumbled, blushing slightly.

                I rolled over and kissed Phil. “Just spend the night at my house. It’s getting late anyways,” I said.

                He shrugged and nodded. “Yea, okay. My mom won’t care. I don’t think she’ll be home until after Thanksgiving anyways,” he said.

                “But you two are leaving this door wide open!” mom said, glaring at me again. She frowned deeply. “Nicky, please stop being a slut. I want you to be mommy’s good boy!”

                “Mom!” I whined as Phil snickered at me.

                “Mommy loves you Nick!” mom said and giggled before disappearing, leaving my bedroom door open.

                I groaned and buried my face in Phil’s jacket. “Kill me. Please.”

                “Nick,” Phil growled angrily. “Don’t say that.”

                “Sorry, sorry,” I said with a sigh.

                Phil ran his hand through my hair and I wrapped my arms around him. He pulled the covers over us and kissed me as I sleepily let my eyes close.

                                                                                                ***

                “I slaved over this food all of yesterday and all of today!” mom said as she set down the mashed potatoes. “So eat up!”

                Dad sat down across from Phil and mom sat down across from me. We folded our hands in our laps. Phil looked at me and I nodded at him. He hesitated before copying us.

                “We are grateful for this food that we are about to receive,” dad said. He looked up and offered us a smile. “Now dig in.”

                Mom smacked his arm. “David! We always say what we’re thankful for before we eat!” she said, pointing her fork at him threateningly.

                “Sorry Morgan,” dad said, raising his hands. “Don’t stab me with a fork. I’ll start, I guess. I’m thankful for my beautiful wife and son, and I’m happy that Nick found Phil.”

                Mom nodded in approval. “Well, I’m thankful that Nicky doesn’t have an STD!” she said cheerfully.

                I rolled my eyes. “I’m thankful for my parents…and Phil,” I said, taking his hand in mine and smiling at him softly. “I’m really thankful for you Phil.”

                Phil smiled back at me. “I’m, uh, thankful for you too Nick. Even if you are a horny idiot.”

                “Oh my lanta. Will you people stop with that?!” I whined.

                “Stop whining. It’s annoying,” Phil snapped.

                “Stop being mean to me!” I said, pouting.

                “Well, happy Thanksgiving,” dad said, laughing a little as he watched us.

                I rested my head on Phil’s shoulder and he wrapped an arm around me as my dad began to put turkey on our plates for us. I kissed Phil’s cheek.

                “I really do love you Phil. I’m so glad you’re spending Thanksgiving with us,” I said honestly.

                “I love you too Nick. Thank you for having me. I’ve never celebrated Thanksgiving before, and this was a great first one for me,” he said.

                We smiled and shared a deep kiss. I was glad Phil got to spend his first real Thanksgiving with me, and I knew we would get to share many, many more together.