New Year's- Theo and Dimitri

We rang the doorbell and Mrs. Ivanov let us into the house. She smiled at us and led us into the living room, where Dimitri’s body was lazily draped across the couch.

                “Hey,” I said to him.

                He looked up. “Little Theodore. What a surprise.”

                “Surprise? You invited us over,” I said.

                “Ah, indeed I did.” He stood up, fixing his wildly colored shirt. He pulled me close and kissed me.

                “Hey Dimitri,” Thalia said when he had pulled away from me.

                “Hello Thalia dear,” he said, taking her hand in his and kissing the back of it.

                “Stop that,” I said, hitting him in the arm.

                “I’m just being polite, little Theodore,” he said, smirking.

                “Where are your siblings?” I asked, looking around the room. Usually Galen latched onto Dimitri.

                “My darling sister is at a friend’s house for the night to celebrate the new year. My baby brother will be joining us shortly. He took a nap so that he could make it to the ball drop tonight,” he said. “I believe he just woke up. He’ll come downstairs shortly.”

                As if drawn by Dimitri’s voice, we heard the sounds of little footsteps on the stairs. Galen appeared a minute later, looking grumpy. His hair was a mess, and he was wearing Buzz Lightyear pajamas.

                “Hello dear,” Dimitri said, holding his arms out to his brother.

                Galen moved into them, letting Dimitri lift him into his arms. He wrapped his arms around Dimitri’s neck.

                “Daddy woke me up!” he said angrily.

                “I didn’t mean to,” Mr. Ivanov said, coming into the living room, looking guilty. “I really didn’t mean to knock the bat in your room over.”

                Galen stuck his tongue out at his father and buried his face against Dimitri’s shoulder. Dimitri chuckled and kissed his cheek.

                “This happens every year,” he informed me. “Galen tries to nap to stay up until the ball drops, and ends up getting especially cranky.”

                “I’ll take him,” Mr. Ivanov said, holding his arms out.

                “No, no, no! I want to stay with Dimmy!” Galen argued.

                “I have friends over right now, dear. Go with father,” Dimitri said, passing the struggling boy over to his dad.

                “Come on,” Mr. Ivanov said, struggling to keep his hold on the little boy as he carried him out of the room.

                “Where’s Kim?” Thalia asked curiously.

                “On her way. She just texted me,” Dimitri said, flicking his hair out of his eyes dramatically. “Where’s your little background character?”

                “Oliver had to go to his cousin’s house,” I said.

                Mrs. Ivanov came into the room with Kim trailing behind her. She handed each of us a glass of wine before leaving the room again.

                “Your mom just gave minors wine,” I said, looking at the glass and raising an eyebrow.

                “Oh yea! You guys have never been to Dimitri’s for New Years before,” Kim said. “Dimitri’s parents always let us drink on New Years. As long as you don’t drive yourself home, they don’t care if you drink.

                I sipped the wine, watching Dimitri out of the corner of my eye as he casually sipped on his wine. I had never seen Dimitri drunk before. I couldn’t even imagine what he would look like drunk.

                “If you’re hoping he’ll get drunk, don’t even bother. You’d be surprised at Dimitri’s alcohol tolerance. He parties a lot, Theo,” Kim said, laughing.

                “Kimberly darling, I haven’t been to a party in quite some time,” Dimitri said, smirking and sipping on more wine.

                “Okay, whatever. You used to party pretty hard. Either way, your alcohol tolerance is pretty high,” Kim said with a shrug.

                Dimitri put his arm around me, drawing me closer. “I’m classy, not trashy.”

                I snorted. “Yea, classy is definitely you,” I said sarcastically, gesturing to his clothes.

                “Are you jealous that you aren’t as fabulous as me?” he asked, kissing me.

                “Yea. Drowning in jealousy,” I said, rolling my eyes.

                We proceeded to play Cards Against Humanity until it was nearly time for the ball to drop. Mr. Ivanov turned on the TV and Galen, gripping his father’s hand, watched in amazement.

                “Two minutes left!” Kim said eagerly.

                Mrs. Ivanov came out, handing us each a glass of champagne. Dimitri pulled me close to himself as we watched the screen.

                “10,” we started eagerly. “9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

                I watched as Mr. and Mrs. Ivanov kissed each other, smiling. They drew Galen close, hugging him.

                “The beginning of your year is over here,” Dimitri said, tilting my head so that I was facing him.

                He leaned in, gently pressing his lips to mine. I deepened the kiss, drawing him closer to me. He was the perfect way to start out the new year.

                “I love you,” I said, pulling away from his lips.

                “I love you too little Theodore. Happy New Year,” he said, pulling me back towards him and proceeding to kiss me again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year everyone! I might do a special for The Journal, if you guys are feeling up to it ;p If not, let me know what other couple you would want one for!