Summer Story

Hey guys! So with summer coming up, I want to try focusing on just one story to post (because I'll also be starting a new Radish story soon, so I can focus on one for Radish and one for Wattpad). With that being said, I want to know which of the 3 stories I'm working on you guys are most interested in!

Now as a lot of you know, sometimes I post previews for stories and then never post the actual story. Writer's block happens and projects I'm excited for never see the light of day in the end. But I'm going to try to follow through with whatever one of these 3 you guys pick. So I'll post a little except and the rough draft description of the story (the descriptions are super rough drafts, so I apologize for how shitty they sound). All titles, character names, and descriptions are just rough draft things I'm working with right now and might change. Just let me know which story sounds the most interesting to you!

Story #1- The Summer We Were Kings

(A.N.- For those of you who read the first chapter of this, I changed Nolan's name to Neil because I kept typing Neil and I was sick of changing it)

"This is going to end horribly," Neil said. "I can hear the coyotes already."

"We've only ever seen the coyotes at night," Santiago said dismissively.

"Comforting," Neil grumbled.

We stepped forward and into the forest together. The trees were thick, keeping the area shadowed and cooler. We walked the familiar little path that we had for years, giddy with excitement. We were going into an unknown area.

"Are there really coyotes in here?" Jordan asked.

Santiago shrugged. "We hear them at night, sometimes. We've seen in our yard before. Foxes, too."

"On a totally unrelated note, who's the slowest out of us?" I asked casually.

"You if I trip you fast enough," Neil said.

I slowly inched away from him. "Neil, if you let the wild animals eat me, I swear to god I'm going to come back and haunt you. My ghost will come and steal one sock every time you do laundry for the rest of your life."

"There's mean and then there's just pure evil," he said.

"Watch out for ticks!" Santiago teased, shoving me into a thick growth of plants.

I stumbled into them and caught myself on a tree trunk. "Santiago, you ass! There are prickers here!"

Neil snickered. "It's karma for threatening my socks."

I pouted and slipped out of the plants, rejoining my friends. I glanced over my shoulder and realized that Santiago's house was quickly fading from sight.

"Watch out for quick sand," Santiago cautioned.

"I'm so glad this is how we're spending the day," Neil said.

"You're so moody," Jordan said, smacking him on the shoulder good-naturedly. "Lighten up!"

"What if we don't know how to get back out?" Neil asked.

"We will," Santiago said confidently. "I've been following that steam to your left. We can find our way back as long as we have that in sight. It starts a few feet in from the entrance."