Parenting 101- The Love Square

A.N.- Okay I'm sorry it's been a few years since I wrote The Love Square so I couldn't remember if I named his parents or not, so sorry if that's wrong! But this was requested by people, so here you go! (Also I plan to write one for the Redner siblings as soon as I can remember their parents' names, if anyone happens to remember!)

------------------------------------------------------------

A baby's cries reached the ears of Madison and Danny Andrews. Danny rolled over, pulling the covers up to his shoulders.

"Your son is crying," he mumbled sleepily.

"I gave birth to him. The least you can do is go put him back to sleep," Madison mumbled, closing her eyes.

But then Anthony's cries got louder, followed by a cough that didn't sound healthy. Madison and Danny both sat up and hurried out of bed, going down to the baby's room.

"I think he has a fever," Danny said, picking him up and feeling his forehead. "He's really warm."

"Oh, my poor baby," Madison said with a concerned frown. "And we were trying to ignore him!"

Anthony coughed a few more times and began to cry harder, squirming in his father's arms. Danny bounced him a little, keeping a steady hold on him.

"Shhh, it's okay Ant," he soothed. "Mommy and daddy are right here, buddy."

"I'll call the doctor in the morning," Madison said, going over to her husband and son. "Oh, poor Anthony. He never cries like this."

Danny carried Ant out to the living room, sitting down on the couch. Madison followed and sat next to them, leaning against her husband and reaching out to gently stroke Ant's cheek.

"We'll stay up with him," Danny said, still trying to calm Ant down.

"I wish we could do something for him," Madison said with a sigh.

"The most we can do is just stay up with him for the night. Maybe he'll manage to fall back to sleep for a little," Danny said hopefully. He bent down and kissed Ant's forehead.

And the so the two curled up on the couch together with their sick son. They would just stay up and do what they could for Ant until he was well again.

***

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!"

Ant ran into the kitchen and yelped as he began to slip. Danny hooked an arm around Ant's chest, haphazardly lifting him up.

"Easy! Your mom just cleaned the floor; it's slippery!" Danny said.

Ant frowned up at his dad. "Dad, guess what?"

"What?" Danny asked, setting Ant down.

"I got a bad grade on my art project. My teacher said it didn't look good," Ant said, hanging his head in defeat.

Danny also frowned. "Uh-oh. You know what that means?"

Ant looked up nervously. "What?"

"The bad grade monster is going to get you!" Danny said, scooping Ant up and marching him into the living room. He dropped him onto the couch and began to tickle him.