Childhoods- Christmas Edition

Hey everyone, I needed to relieve some stress, and this is what happened as a result. So, here are some random Christmas time childhood moments from Ace (Alone Together), Dimitri (Outside The Lines), Ezra (Just A Spark), Nash and Francis (The Journal), and Mitch and Jace (Kill The Lights/Swan Song).

Also, please don't forget to check out the first chapter of Ace's spinoff story (which can also be read as a stand alone book). Subscribe to Radish's mailing list here: http://radishfiction.com/?a=skenekidz and they'll email you a password to the blog that the chapter is posted on! Also keep an eye out for news on the Just A Spark sequel that I hope to start this month!

And please let me know which couples you want Christmas specials for (which I'll post either Christmas Eve or Christmas day)

So here you go, let me know what you think of these, and enjoy!

#1- Ace Foley

7 year old Ace Foley stretched his arms, trying to put the star on top of the tree. The chair he was standing on wobbled unsteadily as he leaned forward even more.

"ACE!"

His father's alarmed voice surprised him, and he began to stumble off balance. Alan Brooks lurched forward and caught his son, yanking him off of the chair and safely into his arms before he could fall.

"What the hell Ace?! Are you stupid?" he cried.

"I was trying to put the star on the tree," Ace said nervously, wondering if he would get in trouble again. He was always getting in trouble. He was a bad son and he knew it.

Alan sighed and hoisted Ace onto his shoulders, moving over to the tree. Ace perked up as he placed the star neatly on top of the Christmas tree. His father set him back on the ground.

"Don't do something that dangerous again," Alan said sternly.

Ace hung his head. "I'm sorry dad. Hey, dad?"

"Yea?" Alan asked.

Ace peeked up. "Um, will you help me wrap the presents I got Aunt Rachel and Phil?"

Alan crossed his arms. "Ace, you know that your Aunt and cousin don't celebrate Christmas. Aunt Rachel doesn't like to waste money on holidays. That's why you're lucky I'm your father. I let you celebrate holidays and buy you presents."

"I know dad!" Ace said quickly. "I know I'm lucky! I just...I wanted to get them presents...I thought it'd be nice..." He hung his head again, wishing he could stop being so stupid for once.

"You can give Phil his gift, but it's your fault if he gets in trouble," Alan said.

"What about Aunt Rachel's present?" Ace asked.

"Don't give her one. She'll hit you," Alan said, clamping his hand onto Ace's shoulder. "And you'll deserve it for being stupid. But you're my boy, not hers."

"I'm sorry." Ace fidgeted with his hands. "You can have her gift, dad. I made you a present too, but now you can have two!"

"Let's finish decorating the tree," Alan said, kicking the box of ornaments at Ace. "As long as you promise to stop being stupid while we do it, Ace. If you keep being a bad boy, I'll give your presents to someone who deserves them."