Backgrounds: Mitch&Shane Marion (Swan Song)

A.N.- Okay so in chapter 4 of Swan Song, Carol talks about how Shane and Mitch used to be mama's boys and mentions 2 situations where they cried when they weren't with her. So, I wrote those :D Enjoy baby Marion brothers :3 (and Jace before his trust issues!) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Come on Mitch,” Carol Marion said, holding her hand out to the little boy.

                Four year old Mitch hurried over to her, taking her hand in his. She led him into the store and over to the clothes.

                “Mommy, I need new shoes! Not clothes!” Mitch said, bending down and poking the hole in his sneakers.

                “I know, Mitch. We’re going to the shoe store right after this. I promise,” Carol said. “But you also need new shirts. You’re getting too big for yours.”

                “Oh,” Mitch said, looking at the clothes with little interest.

                Carol pulled her hand out of Mitch’s and began to look through the shirts for a bigger size. She glanced at Mitch as he started to wander away.

                “Mitchell! Don’t wander off,” she said sternly.

                “I won’t!” he promised, moving closer to her.

                Mitch looked around the store. He spotted a bright shirt on the other side and glanced at his mom. She was focused on the clothing in front of her. Maybe she wouldn’t notice if he just walked away for a minute…

                He turned and hurried away to the bright shirt. He picked it up and inspected it carefully. But he had a small attention span, and quickly tossed the shirt aside. He turned and began to walk back to his mom before freezing.

                He looked around and realized that he had walked down the wrong section. He backtracked and scanned the other section for his mom, but didn’t see her anywhere.

                “Mommy?” he said in alarm, running forward to where he had last seen her. But she wasn’t there anymore.

                He looked around wildly, nervously twirling a strand of hair around his finger as his eyes watered. His mom was nowhere in sight.

                “Mommy?” he said again, his voice choked.

                He spun around, searching carefully. But his mom wasn’t there. He didn’t know where she was. He had lost his mom.

                Mitch sat down on the ground and buried his face in his hands as he began to sob. He was lost, and his mom was gone.

                “Hey, are you okay?” a woman asked a minute later, kneeling down next to Mitch. “Dear, where are your parents?”

                But Mitch ignored her and continued to sob into his hands. He was sobbing hard, tears leaking through his fingers.

                “Mitch!”

                He jerked his head up. “Mommy!” he cried.

                Carol hurried over and lifted him into her arms. He wrapped his arms around her neck and buried is face against her shoulder.