Parenting 101- Carol Marion

A.N.- So I wanted to try something new, so here we have various moments of Carol parenting the Marion brothers at various ages!
-----------------------------
"Shane!" Carol grabbed the little boy's arm and yanked him away from the stove. "Shane, no, that's hot! It'll burn you!"

"Warm," Shane said, looking up at her blankly. "Warm. Sleepy."

"Nap," she said, picking him up. Jasper was sitting in the living room, having rocked Mitch to sleep and afraid to move. Mitch rarely slept, so when he did, the house would fall deadly quiet and no one would dare move him.

Shane put his arms around Carol's neck. "Cold, mommy. House is cold!"

"I know, I know. Daddy left the windows open," Carol said, bringing him to his room and tucking him in with an extra blanket. She bent down and kissed him. "Have a good nap, Shane."

Shane rolled over, closing his eyes. Carol shut the light off and left his room. She heard the sound of something falling and squeezed her eyes shut and Mitch let out a wailing cry.

"Did you drop him?" she snapped, opening her eyes and going to the living room.

"No! No, that damn picture fell off the wall again," Jasper said, rocking Mitch in his arms. "It's fine, I'll get him back to sleep. Go relax. You were up with him all night."

"Give him to me," Carol said, holding her arms out.

"Carol, go sleep. You look exhausted," Jasper said.

Carol snatched the baby from his arms. She shifted him and lightly rubbed Mitch's back, knowing his favorite spot. He eased his crying and looked up at her, a little smile on his lips.

"How the fuck do you always do that?" Jasper asked in despair. "I can't get the kid to calm down."

Carol kicked him. "I don't like the f-word. I swear if our boys start using it because of you, I'll shoot you."

She sat down next to Jasper, rubbing Mitch's back until he fell back to sleep. She leaned against Jasper as she cradled Mitch in her arms.

"Okay, now I think I'll sleep too," she said, closing her eyes. Jasper laughed lightly and hugged his wife and son to himself.

***

Carol laid in her bed in the dark, mentally groaning as she heard the sound of someone going down the stairs. She climbed out of bed, careful not to wake Jasper.

She went out to the living room, where Mitch was sitting. The little boy was sitting on the couch, looking horribly upset.

"Mitchy, why are you awake? It's 3 in the morning," Carol said.

"I can't sleep, mommy! I tried to! I really tried!" he said, growing more upset.

"It's okay, don't cry," she said, sitting next to him and putting an arm around him. He'd always had trouble sleeping. As much as she wanted to strangle him for making so much noise in the middle of the night, she knew he couldn't help it.

"I wanna sleep," Mitch said, climbing into her lap. "But I'm not tired!"

Carol felt exhausted, but she lifted Mitch up and carried him downstairs, helping him into his shoes. She tossed him his baseball glove and led him outside.