Backgrounds: Jace Butler (Kill The Lights)

A.N.- Okay so otaku4729 mentioned doing this on my message board, so I figured I'd give it a shot! Essentially: We have Jace's dad leaving him, and mostly his mom's reaction. I was gonna write her telling him, but...I don't know, that sounded a little too depressing, and I didn't want to go down that road .__. So, I hope you enjoy this! Well, as much as can enjoy something like this. Ahem. Yea...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Daddy! Daddy!” 6 year old Jace Butler cried, running down the stairs.

                “What?” Cameron Butler asked, lazily flicking his glance to his son.

                Jace grinned and held up his baseball glove and baseball. He had also grabbed his father’s baseball glove.

                “Not now,” Cameron said, turning back around and packing the last of his things into his briefcase for work.

                “What’s going on?” Erica Butler asked, coming upstairs. She had fallen asleep in the basement while watching a movie last night.

                “He wants to play catch. I have work,” Cameron said.

                “Jace, I’ll play with you,” Erica said.

                Jace shook his head stubbornly. “No! I want to play with daddy!”

                “Daddy has work,” Cameron said, holding his briefcase up for the boy to see.

                Jace frowned. “Daddy, can we play catch?”

                Cameron sighed. “Sure Jace, we can play catch when I get home from work. I promise,” he said, ruffling Jace’s hair.

                Jace jumped up and down in excitement. He dropped the stuff to the ground and threw his arms around his dad, hugging him tightly.

                “Okay! I’ll wait for you! Have a good day at work, daddy! I love you!” he said happily.

                Cameron nodded at him and gently pried him off. He kissed Erica before leaving the house for work.

                “Come on Jace!” Erica said, clapping. “Let’s have some breakfast, huh?”

                “Yea!” Jace cried, following his mother into the kitchen. She made him breakfast and watched as he hurriedly ate it.

                He grabbed his baseball and the gloves and went over to the couch, sitting down on it and peeking out of the window. She sighed and went over to him.

                “Jace, honey, daddy is going to be gone all day,” she said. “You don’t want to wait there all day. I’ll let you know when he’s home.”

                Jace shook his head stubbornly. “No, I’ll wait for daddy!”

                Erica nodded and sat down on the other couch, turning the TV on. Jace watched the TV, constantly glancing out of the window.

                Erica got up and moved around the house, deciding to clean. She spent a few hours cleaning the basement before going upstairs. To her surprise, Jace was still sitting on the couch. She smiled softly. He was such a cute kid. This wasn’t the first time he had sat on the couch all day waiting for one of them to get home.