Thanksgiving- Collie and Misha

“Misha! Misha, something is burning!” I called.

                Misha hurried out of our room and into the kitchen area of the apartment. He pulled the microwave open and waved away at smoke frantically.

                “Collie! You could’ve taken it out of the microwave!” he whined.

                “You told me not to touch anything,” I reminded him.

                “True. It probably would’ve burst into flame the second you touched it,” he said, throwing whatever “it” was into the garbage.

                “Thanks,” I said with a pout. Though it was true. I had very, very bad luck with cooking. I tended to Mary Winchester everything that I made. But, hey, who doesn’t like their turkey to be flaming?

                “Well, the good news is that everything else came out right,” Misha said proudly. Unlike me, Misha was a very talented cook.

                We had decided to have Thanksgiving at our apartment this year to celebrate our first one living together. Misha had been hard at work with food ever since yesterday. I had cleaned the entire apartment and helped with some of the desserts.

                “They’ll be here soon. Are you ready?” he asked, pulling the turkey out of the oven and setting it on the table.

                “Yep,” I said.

                He hesitated before coming over and pulling me into his arms. “Are you okay?” he asked quietly. “I know this is your first Thanksgiving without your family.”

                “I’m fine Misha. I don’t need them. I have you,” I said.

                “Normally I’m the one who’s being cheesy,” he teased.

                “Oh, shut up you dork,” I said and kissed him.

                I had invited my parents and brother to come to our apartment for Thanksgiving. My mom had sobbed over the phone, begging me to come home and celebrate with them. Begging me to get away from my faggot of a boyfriend. I had firmly told her that if they wouldn’t come to our apartment, they wouldn’t see me.

                I had then called Colin and told him he could come up later if he wanted. He promised he would, and proceeded to tell me that our charming parents had banned him from going to Ant’s house for Thanksgiving.

                There was a knock on our door and Misha brightened up. He went over and pulled the door open, instantly engulfed in a hug from his little sister.

                “Happy Thanksgiving!” Emma said.

                “Happy Thanksgiving Em,” he said, hugging her back.

                I watched, fighting down my jealousy as his parents hugged him and kissed his cheek. They smiled at him, love in their eyes. They loved their son. They accepted him.

                “Happy Thanksgiving Collier!” Mrs. Redner said, coming over and surprising me by pulling me into a tight hug.

                “Uh…happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Redner,” I said, hugging her back.

                “I’m starving. Let’s eat! Unless Collie cooked. Then let’s order pizza,” Emma said, sitting at the table.

                “I cooked,” Misha assured her, laughing.