Childhoods #8

A.N.- Random childhood moments with characters from Just A Spark, The Fag Swag, Alone Together, Kill The Lights, and The Show Must Go On! 

-----------------------------------------------

​#1- Ezra Carelli

​6 year old Ezra laid on the ground, happily playing with the toys in their toy room. He had his action figures and some of his sisters dolls piled in front of him.

​He was making them fight, pretending that were in a war against each other. He looked up as the door to the toy room swung open.

​His older sister, Rachel, stepped inside. Her friend trailed in behind her, the two girls giggling with each other.

​"Is your brother playing with your Barbies?" Rachel's friend asked in confusion, spotting Era.

​"Ezra! Get out of here, we're playing in here. And stop playing with my dolls! You're a boy!" Rachel said angrily, snatching her dolls away from Ezra.

​"I was playing in here first!" Ezra said, frowning.

​Rachel yanked him to his feet roughly, dragging him to the door. He whined and struggled against her.

​"Rachel, stop it! You're hurting me!" he said.

​She shoved him out of the room. "We're playing!" She slammed the door in his face.

​Ezra rubbed his arm, eyes watering. Why did his sister always have to be so mean to him?

​He stormed into the living room, where his father was lying on the couch, watching TV. His dad glanced over at him before flicking his eyes back to the TV.

​"What do you need, Ezra?" he asked.

​"Rachel kicked me out of the toy room! I was playing in there, daddy!" Ezra said.

​"Rachel has a friend over. They can have the toy room for the day," his dad said. "You're a big boy now, don't cry over that. Were you playing with her dolls again? Ezra, you're a boy and boys don't play with dolls."

​"Why can't I?" Ezra asked, honestly feeling confused. Why was it okay for Rachel to play with his toys, but not for him to play with Rachel's?

​"Because you're a boy, Ezra," his dad said. "Now, go on."

​"But daddy! Rachel hurt my arm! She was being mean!" Ezra said insistently.

​"Ezra, stop whining," his dad said in annoyance. "You're too old to be whining like this. Run along."

​Ezra angrily went into the kitchen, hiding himself behind the counter, hugging his knees to his chest as he made himself as small as possible in the corner. His vision blurred with tears, a few rolling down his face, silently crying in anger and frustration. Why did Rachel always get away with everything?

​After a little while, the front door opened. His mom came into the room a few minutes later, setting down some groceries.

​"Rachel said Ezra was playing with her dolls again," his mom said.

​"I told him not to," his dad said.

​"Well maybe if you got off your ass and took him out to play catch, he wouldn't play with his sister's toys so much," his mom said, voice sharp.

​"Are you saying it's my fault Ezra likes girl toys?" his dad demanded. "You're the one who lets the kid do whatever he wants. Stop buying him those stupid action figures."

​"Spend more time with your damn son. He's probably just acting out for attention since you never give him any!" his mom said, voice getting louder.