eighty-five: picture perfect

lol guess what? this is the last chapter cause i suck annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd i just can't bring myself to stretch it out any longer so..... HELLA HUGE TIME JUMP, IT'S A LITTLE RUSHED AT THE BEGINNING BUT YOU'LL BE OKAY. 

eighty-five: picture perfect

August 

"And the flowers? What about the flowers?" Anne demands, practically yelling into the phone while Harry sits on the couch with a very happy Noah on his lap. Noah's babbling about something, grabbing excitedly at Harry's suit jacket as Harry makes faces at his son. Noah was almost eleven months old now and Harry took pride in the fact his son was one of the happiest babies on the planet. He was always smiling, laughing at something Niall does or simply just because he can. Harry loved the way his green eyes shined and the dimpled smile he always gave, he loved his chubby little cheeks and that one lock of hair that always seemed to fall over his eyes. Noah's personality was a lot like Niall's, the two of them practically partners in crime. Noah was always at Niall's side, a total Daddy's boy. Harry didn't mind it as Niall needed a little more love than Harry, especially after they got home from their honeymoon to find Niall's mum had up and disappeared. Niall had been pretty broken up about it, but he was mostly over it by now.

"What's Mum freaking out about?" Gemma asks, sitting next to her brother and looking at their mother rather wearily.

"Flowers. Apparently there's been a delay and naturally, Mum is freaking." Harry says, bopping Noah's nose which causes the baby to shriek.

"Oh... can I ask why you aren't freaking? I mean, it's your wedding, H. A wedding you've been planning since like December..." Gemma asks, trailing off as Harry just shrugs. Harry didn't care much about this wedding, it was just a big ol' show he was letting his mother put together. The wedding that mattered to Harry was the one he had on the Empire State Building nearly a year ago.

"I'm marrying Niall today... it doesn't have to be perfect." Harry says, looking over at his sister with a soft smile. Anne is off the phone now, letting out a very dramatic huff as she grabs her grandson from Harry's lap.

"Flowers won't be here until after the ceremony. Apparently they ordered the wrong ones and-" Anne starts to rant, earning an eye roll from her son who stands up to give her a one armed hug. Noah seems to take that as the sign that he wanted Harry, making grabbing motions.

"Mama. Mine." Noah says, trying to get Harry to hold him again. Anne let's out a soft sigh before handing her grandson back to her own son.

"Mum, they're just flowers." Harry says after he gets Noah situated and Anne lets out a slightly disgruntled sound.

"It's your wedding, it's supposed to be perfect." Anne says, looking at her son somewhat sadly.

"It doesn't need to be perfect. All that matters is that Niall shows up." Harry says and Anne lets out another sigh.

"Okay. You're right... It's just the only wedding I'm probably going to plan and I want it to be per -" Anne starts again only to have Gemma let out a noise of protest.

"Excuse me, I still haven't gotten married yet." Gemma says, folding her arms over her chest as she looks rather pointedly at their mother. Anne's eyes widen as she realizes her mistake, launching into a string of apologies but Harry wasn't listening. He was once again making faces with Noah, grinning like a madman because his little Jedi always made him happy.

-----------------

"And how's Harry?" Niall asks for probably the millionth time that morning. He was nearly driving Louis up the wall and the older was literally counting down the seconds until it was wedding time. They still had five minutes before they had to head downstairs, guests still arriving and Niall pacing the room so much that Louis was surprised there wasn't tracks.