three: the first appointment

Harry takes the next day off of work, having finally scheduled his first appointment with the doctor. Harry was exhausted from spending the entire night talking to Niall, making plans for the baby but mostly talking about what Niall would be doing in New York that week. Harry sleeps through his alarm yet again, waking up about an hour before his appointment. He was just getting out of the shower when Niall sends him a text message that makes him smile. 

From: Boyfriend <3<3 Received: 10:02 AM 

I love you xx. Let me know how it goes, I'm looking forward to your first video ;) 

Harry just replies with a simple 'I love you too' before heading back into the bedroom to get ready. He makes sure to grab Niall's video camera before he leaves the house, along with his phone and car keys. He doesn't turn the camera on until the reaches the hospital, awkwardly waving as he boots it up. 

"Alright, I don't really know how to start this cause I'm literally just sitting in my car. I don't even know if they're gonna let me have this in the room with me... but we're gonna find out. So basically it's my first appointment, I don't think anything too major happens today but I guess I promised I'd document everything I could. More than likely I won't even use any of this... unless we get like a heartbeat or something... We'll see." Harry says, letting out a small grunt as he climbs out of the car. 

"I feel a bit ridiculous walking around with this..." Harry says, making a point of looking into the camera before turning it off as he heads into the hospital. Harry is greeted by an elderly woman as he walks into the maternity ward, a smile on his face as he checks himself in. He doesn't turn the camera back on until he's in the examination room, clicking his tongue as he sits it down next to him. 

"The doctor is taking a while, I guess now would be a good time to start cracking some jokes or something. No one's around to stop me..." Harry says, winking towards the camera but he honestly was too nervous to say any jokes. He continues to click his tongue, a nervous habit he'd picked up from being around Niall too much. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Styles. I'm Doctor Winters and I'll be your attending physician for your pregnancy and birth. Now you said you took an at home test?" 

"Yeah, I took about four of them. All positive." Harry says, clearing his throat as he sits up a little straighter. Harry never liked doctors, the needles freaked him out and the smell always seemed to set him off. 

"Alright, I'm still going to take a urine sample from you and we should probably take a blood sample too just to double check." Doctor Winters says, making Harry wince at just the mention of a blood. Harry toughs up though, faking a smile before nodding. 

"That's fine." 

"Great, so here's the cup for the urine and a nurse will be in here in a minute or two to take your blood." And with that Doctor Winters leaves Harry alone in the exam room. Harry picks up the video camera, a frown on his face as he shakes his head. 

"I really hate needles and I apologize right now if I throw up. I'm sure I'll edit most of this shit out, I don't think anyone cares besides Niall." Harry says, putting the camera back down when the nurse walks in. Harry doesn't throw up, but almost does as she wraps a bandage around his arm. Harry gets the urine sample taken care of and about a half hour later Doctor Winters is walking back into the room. 

"Well congratulations, you are indeed pregnant." She says, sitting down in her chair next to the exam table.

"Now according to the test we ran on your urine, we're looking at about six weeks. We won't really know for sure until we do an ultrasound, but I don't think we're going to want to do that until your next appointment. We might try the Fetal Doppler and see if we can pick up a heartbeat, but don't be too discouraged if we don't get anything though. Sometimes we don't pick up the heart beat until about eight weeks. Now we can also take a wild guess just based on how often you and your partner had unprotected sex in the past two months." Doctor Winters says and Harry literally scrambles for the camera's power button. He would not be posting any of today's footage, baby's heartbeat or not. 

"Uh... Well... We usually always use protection if I'm being quite honest... It might... It might've happened on my birthday? That's the only day I can really think of that we were a bit...rushed." Harry says, feeling very embarrassed talking about his sex life. 

"And when was that?" 

"February 1st..."

"Which was about six weeks ago, so just to be safe we'll wait on that ultrasound. How about you lay down and lift up your shirt for me while I get the Fetal Doppler." Doctor Winters says, signaling for Harry to lay down on his back. Harry nervously hikes up his shirt, looking down at his stomach which looked exactly the same as it always did. He was honestly a little bit freaked out just thinking about the fact there was a tiny little person in there... His tiny little person. Harry flinches a little when she squirts some gel onto his stomach, not expecting it. It's quiet in he room for a moment, Harry staring at his stomach as Doctor Winters moves around the little wand like contraption. The silence is broken by the sound of a rapid beating and Harry was almost convinced he was going to cry. 

"Is that...?" Harry asks, looking at Doctor Winters with wide eyes. 

"That right there is your baby's heartbeat." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man.

it's bad that all i want to write now is this story...

oh wellllllll

also fam, most of this pregnancy doctor appointment shit is just based on research and other shit i've read cause honestly i've never been prego. so bare with me if there's inconsistencies.  

dedication goes to 

comment

and

vote

connie xx