eight: boss talk

eight: boss talk 

"You sure you don't want me to talk to him for you? I know how Gill gets and I don't exactly want him to make you-" Zayn starts only to have Harry interrupt him. 

"I can handle it, Zayn. I'm not scared of Gill, he's just an ass sometimes. It's fine. I'll be fine. Now how about you go run those leftovers down to Liam before he starves." Harry says, patting his friend on the shoulder before walking towards Gill's office which wasn't too far from his own. Harry knocks on the door that's slight ajar, causing the man who was only Harry's senior by three years to look up from what he was doing. 

"Can I help you, Harry?" He asks, motioning for Harry to come into his office. Harry does so nervously, pulling at his shirt a little before sitting down in one of the chairs in front of Gill's desk.

"I wanted to uh talk to you about the June issue for the magazine. As you know, I'm supposed to be taking some time off during May to go to the states to see Niall and I was wondering if it were at all possible if I could uh.... If I could have more than just the week. I know you said you need me for the June issue, but Zayn has already offered to do the editing for me and really that's all you need from me on this one." Harry says in a rush, looking anywhere but at Gill as he talks. Harry had kinda lied to Zayn about not being scared of Gill because in all actuality Harry was terrified of him. 

"I'm sorry, Harry but this isn't just something you can push off onto others. It's your job." 

"I know it's my job, Gill. What if... What if I could get you that exclusive you've been wanting? I can follow Niall on tour for a month, get some really great shots... You know it'll boost reads." Harry offers, grinning when Gill perks up in interest. He leans forward on his elbows, clearly intrigued. 

"I'm listening." 

-----------------

"You're fucking joking? Five weeks of paid leave?" Zayn asks, completely blown away as Harry grins from ear to ear. 

"Yes. Five weeks because Gill wants it to be perfect, which I know I can manage in like two days but he doesn't need to know that. In exactly three weeks, I get to be with the love of my life for five mother fucking weeks, baby!" Harry cheers, feeling happy for what felt like the first time in weeks. He couldn't wait to tell Niall, he couldn't wait to see him either. Harry could hardly contain his excitement for the rest of the day, practically skipping out of the office to his car. He runs to his computer the second he gets home, sitting down in front of it and pulling up his Skype. He was still smiling like crazy when he sees that Niall's online. He doesn't hesitate in pressing the call button, waiting patiently for Niall to answer it. 

Louis is the one Harry sees on the other side of the screen, a bright smile of his own on his face. 

"Well if it isn't Lover Boy's lover!" Louis says, earning a laugh from Harry. 

"Hey Lou, where's Ni?" Harry asks, biting down on his bottom lip because he got this little feeling that maybe Niall had no intention of answering his call and that's why Louis intervened. 

"He's just getting out of the shower. Saw you calling, figured I'd talk to you for a few minutes while we wait. How've you been, Harry?" 

"I've been good, been keeping myself busy with Niall being gone. How's the tour going so far? Ni hasn't been talking to me too much about it..." Harry says, earning a confused look from Louis who looks off in the direction of what Harry was assuming was the bathroom. 

"Well we just started, so nothing too exciting has happened. How's uh... How's Zayn doing?" Louis asks and a small awkward feeling falls over the two. Louis and Zayn had been dating on and off since Harry and Niall first started dating. Zayn always seemed to date Louis when he was in London, breaking it off before Louis left and then he'd start dating Liam again... It was a complicated situation to say the least and Harry tries not to pry into it. 

"He's good... I'll tell him you said hi." Harry says, earning a nod from Louis who looks like he's about to say something but then Niall walks into the frame. 

"Lou? Whoa re you tal- Oh hey!" Niall's eyes light up and he's practically shoving Louis off of his bed. Niall isn't wearing a shirt which makes Harry's mouth water a little as it had been so long... 

"Hey! There's my favorite boyfriend!" Harry says and it's like the last few weeks hadn't happened, like Niall hadn't been ignoring him because it was just so good to see Niall's face. 

"Your favorite?" 

"Well besides Louis of course." Harry teases, winking at Niall as the older of the two rolls his eyes. 

"How could I forget about Louis? He's the real reason why you called, isn't he?" Niall teases back, earning a laugh from Harry as he shakes his head. 

"Not exactly. I have some great news, or at least I think it's great." 

"You finally quit your job and you're gonna follow me on tour?" Niall asks and Harry believes he's genuinely serious this time. 

"Not quite that... but close. I talked to Gill this afternoon and in exactly three weeks from today I get to fly out and spend five weeks with you instead of one." Harry says, doing little jazz hands at the end as Niall stares at him in completely bewilderment. 

"Please tell me you're not joking because this isn't a funny joke, Harold. I will die if you're joking." Niall says, the excitement clear in his eyes but Harry could tell he was scared this was just some joke. 

"I'm not joking, babe. All I have to do is take some pictures of you in your natural environment and write an article about your experience on the road... and maybe a little bit about our relationship. But it doesn't matter because I get to be with you for five weeks." Harry says, and maybe his eyes water just a little at that because god he missed Niall so much. 

"Three more weeks... Do you think you can make it three more weeks without me?" Niall asks, teasing but Harry could see that Niall was also to the point of tears. 

"I think I can manage." 

"I don't think I can. I love you, H... and I'm sorry I've been distant. It's been... It's just been hard for me, you know? I feel like I'm gonna let you down by not being there..." Niall says honestly and Harry can't help but cry now.

"You can never let me down, Ni. And we're gonna figure this out, in three weeks." 

"Three terribly long weeks...I guess it's a good thing I've got those videos of yours to watch." Niall says, smiling softly as Harry returns it. The two boys spend the next little while talking, Niall raving about how much he loved New York while Harry talked about the baby. 

It was almost like Niall was home, something that Harry couldn't wait to be real again. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

oh man. 

double update and a really long chapter.

what even is today?

comment

and

vote

connie xx