zero: another sweet goodbye

"So... This is it for a while. You sure you're going to be able to handle life without me?" Niall teases, faking a smile as he brushes a strand of Harry's hair behind his ear. It was a cold morning in early March, the two boys were standing outside as Niall finishes packing all of his stuff into his car. Harry fakes a smile of his own, shuffling on his feet on the cold sidewalk. He'd forgotten his shoes inside the house, having to hurry to wish Niall goodbye as he'd accidentally slept through his alarm this morning. 

"I'm sure I can manage." Harry whispers, blinking back tears because he always hated this part. He'd been with Niall for nearly three years, he thought he'd be used to the goodbyes by now... but it felt like they just kept getting harder each time. 

"I know you can." Niall says, placing a soft kiss onto Harry's lips which only makes the younger lad sadder. He didn't want Niall to go, he wanted him to stay... but he knew that it was Niall's job. 

"I miss you already." Harry says, earning a sad chuckle from Niall who's cupping Harry's cheek. 

"I'll be back before you know it." 

"You'll call me when you reach the airport?" Harry asks as Niall grabs his guitar. Niall tosses the instrument into the backseat before grabbing Harry by his waist and pulling the younger boy closer to him. Niall was trying to hold onto Harry for as long as he could right now for he's not sure when he's going to get the next chance. He was on tour in America for the next eight months and Harry wouldn't be able to fly out and visit for at least two due to his own job. Even then, Harry would only be able to stay for a week, maybe two if he was lucky. It was going to be a long trip, but Niall knew they'd make it work. They always made it work, that was part of the reason why Niall loved Harry, he was very understanding of his job's crazy hours.

"I'll call you then and then I'll call you again when I land, and then again when I get to the hotel. You're gonna be sick of me." Niall says and this actually gets Harry to smile. Niall loved Harry's smile, especially when he was the reason behind it. 

"I don't think I'll ever get sick of you." Harry says, walking with Niall to the front of the car. Niall hesitates at the door, not wanting to get in just yet. 

"I love you, Harry." Niall says instead, once again leaning in to kiss the younger boy. Harry wraps his arms around Niall's neck, pulling him a little closer which Niall didn't mind

"I bet I love you more." Harry teases once Niall pulls away, earning a small laugh from Niall as he shakes his head. Harry starts to play with the hair at the base of Niall's neck, trying not to dwell on the fact that he wasn't going to get to hear Niall's laugh for almost two months. 

"I find that highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure I love you more." Niall teases back and Harry rolls his eyes at that. Harry looks down at the watch on his wrist, biting his bottom lip before turning his attention back to Niall. 

"I don't think so, but if we keep up this little argument you're going to be late." Harry says, not wanting Niall to leave but he didn't want to be the reason why he missed his flight. Niall lets out a sigh before nodding, knowing that Harry was right. 

"God I'm gonna miss you like crazy..." Niall whispers, once again playing with Harry's hair. Harry hums in content, enjoying the feeling and not wanting it to go away. 

"You'll be back before you know it and I won't be going anywhere." Harry reassures, allowing Niall to pull him into an overly tight hug. It was the last one he was going to get for a month as far as he knew right now.

"You better be." Niall says, a very serious look on his face which made Harry giggle a little. 

"I will be." 

"Promise?" Niall asks, obviously stalling which Harry found cute but he was going to miss his flight at this rate. 

"I promise, now you really need to get out of here." 

"Okay... I guess I can go... I just... I love you." Niall says, leaning in for another kiss which Harry gave him before practically shoving him into his car. Niall pouts at that, earning another eye roll from Harry who found Niall enduring sometimes. 

"Go." Harry whispers, taking a step back as Niall finally turns on the car. Harry takes a step back, not wanting to be in the way of Niall's car. Niall rolls down his window, making Harry laugh a little but it comes out a bit choked because he wasn't ready. 

"I'll call you as soon as I get there." Niall says one last time before he finally starts to leave. Harry waves sadly as Niall pulls out of their driveway, watching him as he drives down the street before turning left at the stop sign. Harry still doesn't go inside for another ten or so minutes, unable to bring himself to.

The house is empty, and Harry hated living in an empty house. 

------------------------------------------------------------

honestly this is like the saddest chapter of this story cause it really is just fluff. 

i'm not kidding.

i'm probably going to kill myself with the feels.

let me know what you thinkkkk

comment

and

vote

connie xx