sixty-five: the first weekend

The rest of Harry's week consisted of late night phone calls, worrisome looks from his mother, and spending every waking second taking care of his surprisingly now vocal baby boy. Harry noticed a change in Noah after Niall left, the baby was far more fussier and needed a lot more attention but Harry didn't mind. Taking care of Noah kept him distracted, so distracted that Harry didn't even realize that it was Saturday until Niall walked through the front door of the house. Harry was sitting in the kitchen with Noah, dancing with the baby as they waited for his bottle to warm up. He stops when he sees Niall standing in the doorway, a fond smile on the older of the two's face. 

"Well that's a sight." Niall chuckles, putting his suitcase down and making his way over to Harry. Harry is still staring at Niall with a confused expression for he hadn't expected him to be home for at least another two days. 

"You're home early..." Harry says and Niall laughs a little before slowly taking Noah from Harry. The baby lets out a loud squeal of distress when the bottle slips out of his mouth and Niall is quick to take that from Harry too. 

"Actually I'm late. I was supposed to get in this morning but our dear friend Lewis made us miss our early flight." Niall says once Noah is once again content drinking his bottle. 

"But it's Thursday." Harry says slowly, a confused expression on his face that is still there when Niall lets out a loud laugh. 

"H, it's Saturday. You feeling okay?" Niall asks, looking away from Noah for the first time since he'd gotten him in his arms. 

"I'm fine... Just lost track of my days, I guess. You didn't tell me you were coming home last night when you called." 

"That's because I figured you knew, love." Niall says, chuckling again before he finally leans in to kiss Harry. Harry kisses him back, but he has to pull away before things went a little too far. 

"You smell like plane." Harry says, grimacing a little and pretending like that was the real reason why he pulled away. 

"I'll take a shower before I take you out to dinner." 

"You're taking me out to dinner?" 

"Yes, I am. As soon as this little piggy is finished eating his dinner, I'm thinking the three of us head out for a little. According to your mother and Zayn, you haven't left the house once except for Tuesday." Niall says, giving Harry a look but Harry was more focused on the nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach. Harry had purposely been avoiding leaving the house, not wanting to risk running into Keaton in the slightest. 

"What's wrong with just having a night in?" Harry asks, biting down on his bottom lip as Niall quirks an eyebrow. Noah seems to be finished with his bottle and Niall puts it down on the counter before going back to looking at Harry. 

"Aren't you sick of being in the house, H?" Niall asks and Harry looks down at his shoes. Niall lets out a sigh, walking over to Harry and making the younger look at him. 

"H, why don't you want to go?" Niall asks and Harry always hated it when Niall  made him look at him when he asked questions. Harry could never lie to Niall, even if he wanted to. 

"Keaton." Is all Harry can bring himself to say and an understanding expression is on Niall's face. 

"There's more going on than you told me, isn't there?" Niall asks and Harry nods, once again biting down on his lip. 

"He's been... He's been texting me these really weird and creepy things, Ni... I blocked the number the second it started but he keeps getting different numbers... and I'm just scared." Harry admits and Niall lets out a sigh. He takes a step back from Harry just so he could put Noah into the baby bouncer that sat on the kitchen counter, Harry watching him with a guilty expression on his face. Once Noah is secured, Niall turns to look at Harry with a soft smile but Harry could tell it was forced. 

"How long has this been going on?" Niall asks, leaning against the counter and crossing his arms as Harry lets out a very shaky breath. 

"Since I ran into him, I know I should've told you but I really didn't want to worry you and now you're mad at me." Harry says, sniffing a little as he feels tears start to form in his eyes and he's once again refusing to look at Niall. 

"I'm not mad, Harry. I'm worried, but I'm not mad." Niall says but the tone in his voice told Harry otherwise. 

"You sound mad." Harry whispers and Niall sighs. 

"Fine, maybe I'm a little mad. I'm annoyed with the fact that you won't talk to me about this stuff, you know? Over the three years of relationship, I've only heard bits and pieces about what happened between you and Keaton, even then I feel like you're keeping me in the dark on a lot of the important things. It makes me feel like you don't trust me and that is the last thing I want." Niall says and Harry brings himself to look at Niall. The way Niall was looking at Harry with nothing more than concern made Harry feel ever more guilty, he should tell Niall... but he just didn't think he could. 

"It's not that I don't trust you... I'm just... I'm not proud of it and it's not something that I want to talk about all the time... I trust you, it's myself that I don't trust." Harry continues to talk barely over a whisper, biting on his lip as Niall moves from his spot against the kitchen counter. He slowly moves over to where Harry is standing, taking one of Harry's hands and intertwining their fingers. 

"Nothing you say to me about what happened between Keaton and you will make me love you any less, but... I understand. I understand that you don't want to tell me... Just... Just promise me that from now on, when you run into him or if he keeps on doing what he's doing that you'll tell me instead of putting it off? The sooner I know, the sooner we can work through this together." Niall says, hooking a finger underneath Harry's chin and moving his face up so that he's looking at Niall. 

"I love you." Niall says once Harry actually looks at him and Harry gives him a teary smile. 

"Thank you." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, see i told you guys it would be two days. 

i had this grand scheme of thinking i was gonna prewrite the next four or so chapters (chapter 69 is gonna have some smut in it btw. i'm waiting for that chapter specifically)

buuuuut no, i got too annoyed writing this chapter and got stuck. it didn't go the way i wanted, but i also didn't want it to go that way either cause that would've been a major narry blow out fight to where they probably wouldn't be back together for chapter 69.... 

so yeah. we got this. 

it's meh

thank you guys for all the birthday wishes. I have officially beat teenage pregnancy. Next year is the year I can legally drink cause i'm american, so holla. 

dedication goes to shamelessjoshler

comment

and

vote

connie xx