forty-two: a baby for the weekend pt.3

At first Niall thinks he's imagining the sound, the thought of the fact his baby boy was here not quite registering in his mind until the baby continues to screech. Niall looks towards the sound, his heart stopping and his grip on Harry's hand tightening when he sees his son for the first time. He was covered in all sorts of stuff, stuff that would normally make Niall throw up all over the floor but he was more focused on the fact that his son was here.

"Holy shit..." Niall whispers and a nurse is holding out some sort of cord.

"Would you like to cut the umbelicial cord, Niall?" Doctor Winters asks and Niall is handed a pair of scissors. With shaky hands, Niall cuts the cord and within a minute or two he's being handed a very squirmy baby. Niall looks down at him in complete awe, already in love and he looks at Harry with tears in his eyes.

"He's here, H. Our little Jedi." Niall whispers, scooting closer so that Harry can have a better look at the baby. Harry reaches out a hand, his fingers brushing over the baby's cheek softly as he too cries.

"Hello baby. You look so much like your Daddy..." Harry whispers and then his eyes are fluttering close and there's an awfully long beep from the monitor Harry is hooked up to.

"He's losing too much blood." Doctor Winters says and Niall doesn't understand what's happening, mainly because it all happened so fast. Niall doesn't even get the chance to ask what's going on before one of the nurses took the baby from his arms and practically lead Niall out of the room. Niall stands there in complete shock, staring through the small window as he tries to figure out what's going on. Zayn is quick to notice him standing there, more than a little shocked to see Niall outside of the room.

"What's going on? Why aren't you in there?" Zayn asks and Niall can't bring himself to tear his gaze away from the small window.

"He... Harry's... Harry..." But Niall can't speak, still trying to wrap his head around what was happening and then Niall is collapsing into Zayn's arms, full on sobbing because he was absolutely terrified right now. All he knew was that something was wrong with Harry and that Niall had never gotten the chance to tell him how sorry he was.

------------------

It took nearly an hour before Doctor Winters comes out of the room, a relieved expression on her face but Niall was still panicking. He moves from his spot next to Zayn to stand in front of her, nearly grabbing her by her shoulders to make her answer all his questions.

"Is he okay?" Niall asks, unable to speak any louder than a whisper.

"He's gonna be just fine, Niall. He just needs to rest and it's gonna be your job to make sure he doesn't do anything to strain his stiches for the next few weeks. When he wakes up, I'll have a little more to discuss with the both of you... but for now were gonna take Harry back to his room and wait for him to wake up."

"And the baby? How's the baby?" Niall asks after the rush of relief passes over him.

"Baby is just fine as well, he's a healthy 5lbs and 2 oz and everything about him is perfect. We might want to keep an eye on his weight for the next few days and make sure he doesn't lose too m much... but if you'd like, I'll have a nurse bring him to Harry's room." She offers and Niall is more than willing to have that happen.

-----------

It was about two hours later when Harry finally woke up, a soft groan escaping his lips as he feels like someone had placed hot coals on his stomach. Niall notices that he's waking up, using his free hand to press the nurse call button before standing up from his chair.

"Hey baby... How are you feeling?" Niall asks when Harry finally opens his eyes, keeping his voice low due to the sleeping baby in his arms. Harry blinks up at him, a very confused expression on his face.

"What are you doing here? I'm mad at you still, you shouldn't be h- Why are you holding a baby?" Harry asks, completely confused and Niall can't help but laugh a little before leaning down to kiss Harry's forehead.

"I'm here because this little guy couldn't wait to meet his daddies." Niall says and Harry all of a sudden realizes where he is. He remembers going to the hospital, he remembers how worried he was that Niall wasn't going to make it... he remembers the first time he heard Jedi cry. And all the anger was gone, replaced with joy in a matter of seconds.

"Holy shit, I mean crap... I had our baby." Harry whispers, looking at Niall with wide eyes who grins before nodding.

"You're right, you did. Wanna hold him?" Niall asks and Harry is quick to nod. Niall carefully slides the sleeping baby into Harry's arms, Harry letting out a soft coo and his eyes welling up at just the mere sight of his baby boy.

"Hi there, Noah. I'm so glad I finally get to meet you..." Harry whispers, the name just rolling off his tongue with no thought whatsoever.

"Noah?" Niall asks and Harry looks up at him with a teary smile.

"He looks like a Noah." Harry says and Niall can't help but nod in agreement.

"Little Noah Jedidiah." Niall whispers and Harry can't help but scrunch his nose up at the middle name.

"Are we really gonna stick with Jedidiah?" Harry asks, earning a shrug from Niall.

"I think it fits."

"How about this, if you can make five reasons as to why we should pick Jedidiah besides the fact his nickname would be Jedi, I'll let you have it." Harry says.

"Alright. How about because you love me? That counts for all five in my opinion." Niall says in return and maybe he looks a little hopeful. Niall wasn't sure where they stood right now, for all he knew Harry wanted nothing to do with him.

"Fine. I give up. Noah Jedidiah it is." Harry says and Niall couldn't be more over the moon. Niall takes that moment to lean in and kiss the top of Noah's head, his lips lingering for a second before he pulls away.

"Welcome to the world my little Jedi."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THERE IT IS, JEDI'S NAME IS NOAH JEDIDIAH. 

I was gonna go with Noah Sky but then Jedidiah actually kinda grew on me... so we ended up here lol. 

now, just so we're clear... this story isn't ending just because the baby was born. there's still a narry wedding to come and plenty of moments of a happy little narry family (even though it's a bit drama filled right now... but it'll be fixed lol)

so yeah. 

Dedication goes to apprelhaz

comment

and

vote

connie xx