sixty: the ex

sixty: the ex

"Harry, sweetheart. It's nearly noon, are you going to wake up or am I to take care of the baby?" Anne's voice is the first thing Harry hears the next morning, the sound causing him to jolt up on the couch and rub at his eyes. Harry didn't even remember falling asleep, one minute Niall was singing his own rendition of Lovebug by The Jonas Brothers, the next Harry is face to face with his mother. 

"How long has he been up?" Harry asks, his voice coming out gravely. Harry didn't meant to sleep for as long as he had, in fact he was honestly surprised he'd fallen asleep. 

"Just a few hours, I was already awake and you just looked so peaceful as you slept so I figured I'd let you wake up on your own accord. You need as much sleep as you can with a little one in the house, but as it is nearly noon I figured you'd slept long enough." Anne says, passing over a very alert Noah. Harry coos at the baby, smiling brightly after he places a soft kiss against Noah's forehead. 

"So, I'm thinking that now you're awake we go to that restaurant you're always telling me about for lunch. Get out of the house for a little?" Anne suggest, but Harry is too busy pulling faces at Noah in hopes of maybe getting a smile. He knew it was too soon for that, but Harry just really wanted to see a smile. 

"Harry?" Anne asks again and Harry looks away from Noah for a moment to see his mother looking at him expectantly. Harry tries to figure out what his mother had asked him for a moment, having completely spaced out because of Noah. 

"Sorry... I didn't catch what you said." Harry admits sheepishly, earning a laugh from his mother who shakes her head a little but she's smiling nonetheless. 

"How would you feel about going out for lunch, get out of the house for the day." Anne says and Harry actually liked the sound of that. He hadn't really left the house much since Noah was born, Niall the one doing most of the baby shopping while Harry stayed at home with the baby. 

"Uh yeah... That sounds great... Would you... Do you mind watching him for like ten minutes while I take a quick shower?" Harry asks, earning a nod from his mother who holds her hands out for the baby. Harry passes Noah back to her, placing another soft kiss on the baby's forehead before standing up from the couch. Harry groans at how stiff he felt, sleeping on the couch had not been in his favor. 

"Do you want me to invite Zayn?" Anne asks as Harry starts to walk towards the stairs. 

"Sure, if you want to." Harry calls back to her before heading up the stairs. Harry takes a quick shower just as he said he would, brushing his teeth afterwards and getting dressed in record time. Once Harry's satisfied with his appearance, he heads into Noah's nursery to grab the baby's diaper bag along with anything he would need for their little outing. Once Harry is certain he has everything, he heads back downstairs to find his mother. Anne was in the kitchen, talking away with Noah who was sitting in his car seat all ready to go. Noah was kicking his feet, reacting to whatever it was Anne was saying. 

"Ready?" Harry asks once he makes it into the kitchen, earning a nod from Anne who grabs Noah's seat. 

"Zayn said he'd meet us there." Anne says and with that they head to Harry's car. Anne is the one to drive, Harry climbing into the backseat to sit with Noah. Harry gives his mother directions to the restaurant in between moments of cooing down at Noah who was very awake today. It was the most awake Harry had ever seen the baby, not that he was complaining. It wasn't long before they reached their destination, Anne parking the car and helping Harry with Noah. Zayn was already sitting down, greeting Harry and Anne with a smile. 

"Well if it isn't my favorite parents." Zayn says, earning looks from both Anne and Harry as they sit down. 

"You're both parents, you're both my favorite. Therefore, favorite parents." Zayn justifies and Harry rolls his eyes at his friend. Once everyone is settled in, Harry gets a chance to look at the menu. Harry is halfway looking through the specials when he feels Zayn kick at his leg, the younger of the two looking up and quirking an eyebrow at his friend. 

"What?" Harry asks and Zayn gestures his head towards a group of people. A confused expression crosses his face and he looks towards them only to instantly duck behind his menu because now he got it. It had been four years since Harry had last saw him and Harry had no intentions of talking to him ever again. 

"Shit... That's... That's Keaton. Do you think he saw me?" Harry asks, earning a nod from Zayn because shit he was walking over here. Anne had a confused expression on her face, having not recognized her son's ex-fiancee just yet, but soon she too had a very nervous look when she did. Keaton Matthews was the last person Harry wanted to see, but here he was... standing at Harry's table waiting for Harry to say something. 

"It's been a long time, Harry." Keaton is the first to speak and Harry feels that twisting feeling in the pit of his stomach at just how sickly sweet Keaton's voice was, how it had always been if he remembered correctly. 

"It hasn't been long enough, Keaton." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah man, bringing in even more drama at chapter sixty. 

gotta roll with the punches, but eyyyyy double update fam. 

dedication goes to zustinstrash

comment

and

vote

connie xx