sixty-seven: an ice cream date

"Hey, get your own!" Harry scolds at Niall a little while later when the older of the two tries to get a spoonful of Harry's ice cream. They were sitting in a small ice cream parlor, Noah fast asleep in his baby carrier as Niall and Harry enjoyed their ice cream. 

"But yours looks so good." Niall pouts, earning an eye roll from Harry who purposefully takes a bite of his own ice cream. 

"It is good. Should've gotten the fudge brownie instead of lame ass vanilla." Harry says and Niall continues to pout. Harry lets out a sigh after about thirty more seconds pass before he pushes his ice cream closer to Niall. Niall grins in victory before taking a bite and Harry just stares at him fondly.

"So, how much do you love me?" Niall asks after a few minutes of silence pass between them. 

"Depends... Why are you suddenly asking me that question?" Harry counters and Niall looks sheepishly down at his ice cream. 

"I was just... I was wondering if maybe for this next week on tour... You and Noah could come with me. I know you don't want him coming to the shows and I agree, but I really... With Keaton being around, I would be more comfortable with you being in New York with me than here." Niall says and Harry feels his heart tug a little at that. He knew Niall was worried and he understood. 

"What would we do in New York?" Harry asks instead of giving Niall a direct answer. Truth be told, Harry actually wouldn't mind going... It would mean a week with Niall instead of a week sitting at home with Noah worrying about rather or not Keaton would find out where he was... Niall would keep him safe, he would be happier with Niall in New York. 

"We can take Noah sigh seeing... Spend time as a proper family." Niall suggests and Harry bites down on his bottom lip for a second. 

"We could even get married." Harry's voice is barely over a whisper, but Niall still heard him. The older drops his spoon in pure shock, staring at Harry with his mouth slightly open and his eyes wide. 

"Are you being serious?" Niall asks after a few seconds pass, still staring at Harry. Harry shrugs, swirling his spoon around before looking up at Niall. 

"I don't know..." Harry says, biting down on his bottom lip as he watches Niall's face for any sort of reaction. Harry had been thinking about it again a lot this week, the idea of not having Niall for the rest of his life scaring the shit out of him. If getting married was what Niall wanted, then Harry was willing to give that to him. 

"Do you want to get married, Harry?" Niall asks again, bringing Harry back from his trail of thought. 

"You do, so yeah? I guess I do." 

"H, you either do or you don't. Don't make this decision based on what I want... This is about what you want." Niall says, but Harry could tell it wasn't really what he wanted to say. All Niall had talked about since Noah was born was getting Harry to agree to marry him, but Harry also understood why he was being apprehensive about it. Harry had made his stance about not getting married just as clear as Niall had made his. 

"I want us to be together, Niall... and if getting married is what it takes, then I want to get married. I love you, Niall... and I wanna marry you." Harry says, looking Niall in the eyes as he says it so that Niall knows he's serious. Niall breaks into a smile, one that stretches across his face and reaches his eyes. Harry grabs Niall's hand, moving from his seat so that he can get down on one knee but Niall shakes his head. 

"No, you're not going to propose to me." Niall says, making Harry sit back down in his chair. Harry pouts a little at that, but he doesn't argue with Niall cause he can see the tears starting to mist up the older boy's eyes. Niall didn't like to show vulnerability in private, let alone public. 

"I wanted to ask you to marry me though..." Harry says and Niall lets out a teary laugh. 

"Babe, just saying you wanna marry me was a proposal enough. I love you and we're gonna get married at the Empire State Building." Niall says, still laughing a little and Harry can't help but laugh too. Harry lived for moments like these between Niall and himself, moments where nothing else mattered but them. 

"Let's get married next week." Harry says and Niall stops laughing when he realizes Harry's being serious. 

"What about August? You said you wanted to get married in August..." 

"I wanna get married next week at the Empire State Building. It'll be just us and our friends... that's all I want." 

"What about your family?" Niall asks and Harry lets out a sigh before he realizes Niall's point...

"What if... What if we get married next week, just us with friends.... and then we tell my mum we're getting married and let her plan whatever wedding she wants. We get married twice, the first being our dream wedding, second being hers cause I know for a fact she hates the idea of getting married in New York." Harry suggests and Niall is once again smiling. 

"I like that idea... Wanna get married next Friday, Dollface?" Niall asks, earning a giggle from Harry who nods eagerly. 

"There is honestly nothing else I'd rather do." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck 

so, remember when i said smut for chapter 69 well that's getting pushed back cause this chapter happened and I don't wanna rush stuff (lol this story is already so fucking long cause i'm already not rushing stuff, i hate myself) 

so yeah.... sorry? 

BUT HEY. NARRY WEDDINGS. CUTE AF. 

dedication goes to RobynRobinson4

comment

and

vote

connie xx