six: the first vlog

six: the first vlog

Harry heads home after he gets everything from the office, walking into the house and flinching at the echo the door causes as it closed. Harry puts his laptop down on the kitchen table, grabbing out his phone in hopes of maybe having a text or something from Niall but he had no such luck. Harry lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair before putting his phone down next to his computer. Harry glances up at the clock, frowning when he sees that it's just barely past three. Harry had no idea what Niall was up to today, usually the band took the first two days easy so more than likely Niall was passed out in his hotel room. 

Harry lets out another sigh, not wanting to start on his paperwork but he wasn't really sure what to do with the rest of his day quite yet. If Niall was home, they'd probably end up cuddling on the couch watching some sappy movie or one of the several tv shows they enjoyed. Normally though, Harry wouldn't be home till about six and Niall would be making dinner. 

It hadn't even been two days and Harry was missing Niall like crazy. 

Harry decides to watch a movie to take his mind off Niall, but he spends nearly an hour trying to get into it before he finally just shuts it off. He thinks about texting Niall, see how he was doing but Harry doesn't want to seem clingy today. They'd already talked on the phone for nearly two hours...

So instead he grabs the video camera off the counter and looks around for a good spot to set it up. He remembers seeing the tripod Niall's mum had also given him in the closet, so Harry ends up grabbing that out before setting up the camera in Niall's "studio". Harry grabs one of the stools from the kitchen, placing it down in front of the camera before he ends up sitting on it. He clears his throat as he leans forward to turn the camera on, adjusting his shirt a little and maybe running his fingers through his hair.

"I uh... I don't really know how to start this. I've never done anything like this before and I guess I should just start with the basics. So my name's Harry, I'm about six weeks pregnant and thought it would be a cool idea to vlog about it. That way my boyfriend, who is halfway across the world right now living his dream, doesn't miss out on all of the important things." Harry says, feeling very awkward just talking to a video camera but he was doing this for Niall and that was all that mattered. 

"There really isn't much to say about the baby this week besides the fact that there is indeed a baby in there...  I've only told like two people about the baby, so I don't think I'm gonna be talking too much about my boyfriend or about myself on this one. This is more of an introduction than anything, but I guess I can talk about how I found out." Harry says, letting out a chuckle before sitting up a little straighter. He clears his throat again, thinking back to just last week.

-------

"God, I fucking hate that." Harry whispers after he finally seems to be done throwing up. Moving away from the toilet and flushing it before heading towards the bathroom sink. He grabs his toothbrush and his toothpaste to brush his teeth, sneaking a glance into the bedroom using the mirror as he does so. Niall is still fast asleep, half of his body covered with the comforter that sat on the bed as he lay splayed like a star fish. It was always funny to Harry how as soon as he left the bed, Niall took up the entire space. Once Harry finished brushing his teeth, he thinks about climbing into the bed again but the clock on the nightstand let him know it was nearly time to get ready for work. Niall wouldn't be up for another two hours or so, having gotten in pretty late last night due to a  secret show his band had played.

Harry lets him sleep, climbing into the shower for a few before he gets ready to leave for work. As he leaves, he places a soft kiss to Niall's cheek but the older of the two doesn't wake.

Harry gets to the office before anyone else, for which he was grateful for. Harry always enjoyed the first hour of work because it was always so quiet. He got more done in that hour than he did his entire day.

Zayn shows up at exactly nine, walking in with a skip in his step and a smile that practically lit up the whole room. A behavior that Harry found a bit odd, but he wasn't about to say anything about it. Zayn sits down at his desk, completely unaware that Harry was even there as he whistles away. 

"Must've had a great date last night..." Harry says, subtly of course as he glances up at Zayn who's stopped whistling now. Zayn clears his throat, turning around to look at Harry as he simply shrugs.

"It was... decent." Zayn says, the smile on his face not fooling anyone. 

"Was it with Louis or Liam?" 

"That's none of your business, thank you very much." Zayn says, leaning back in his chair as Harry rolls his eyes. Harry goes to say something else, but one of the interns walks past with a very strong smelling cup of coffee and Harry can't help but puke into the trash can next to his desk. Zayn is quick to jump up and run towards his friend, rubbing his back as he leans back a little in disgust. 

"Have you thought about going to the doctor yet, H? It's been like two weeks." 

"I'm just getting over that flu I had." Harry whispers, wincing as he stands up with the trash can in hand. He was going to just throw it into the exceptionally large dumpster downstairs, he'd buy a new one tomorrow. 

"I don't think it's the flu, H. You know... It might be... Well you know." Zayn says, unsure of what exactly to say because Harry's mind was anywhere but on a baby right now. 

"I'm not pregnant. Niall and I are very careful, I'll have you know." Harry says, maybe through gritted teeth but it didn't matter to him. Zayn wouldn't let up and it was slowly driving Harry crazy. 

"Can you at least humor me? If I'm wrong, I'll buy lunch for the next month." Zayn says, worry more than clear on Zayn's face as Harry lets out a long sigh.

"Two months. If you're wrong, you buy lunch for the next two months." Harry says, earning a nod from Zayn who jumps up and heads over to his desk. He pulls out a box which causes Harry to quirk an eyebrow.

"You have pregnancy tests in your desk?" 

"I figured you'd cave eventually. So go ahead and take these, I'll meet you in the bathroom after I take care of your uh... your trash." Zayn says, trading the box for Harry's trash can. Harry lets out another sigh before doing as Zayn asked, heading towards the bathroom. He takes two out of the box, knowing that he'll probably need to take more than one if he wanted to make sure the results were correct. Zayn joins him about five minutes later, walking into the employee bathroom and climbing up on the counter as Harry waits not so patiently for the tests to finish. When the timer on Harry's phone goes off, both boys look at the tests. 

"Two lines means positive, right?" Zayn asks, but Harry can't bring himself to say anything because he was in shock. 

---------

"I ended up taking two more tests, just to make sure. Both of those were positive too so I guess it was more than obvious at that point that Zayn would not be buying me lunch for the next two months. I've been talking for a while, so I guess I should just finish this up. Thanks for watching, I guess." Harry finishes up, laughing a little at the end before turning off the camera. He spends the next little while setting up the YouTube channel, only taking a break to see if Niall had gotten around to texting him yet. 

But there wasn't one. 

----------------------------------------------------

ah man.

this chapter just kept going and going and going.

oh well lol

dedication goes to TamaraJo1211

comment

and

vote

connie xx