forty-four: all the love

It was a few hours later when Anne and Gemma finally show up, both of them walking into the room and literally going straight for the bassinet. Harry laughs softly at that, mainly due to the fact that Noah was fast asleep in his arms. So far that was all Noah did, not that Harry minded. He looked so peaceful and that was all Harry wanted for his little boy. 

"Where's my nephew? Did you seriously lose him already?" Gemma asks, looking around the room a little confused but then she sees the bundle in Harry's arms. She holds her arms out for the baby earning another laugh from Harry at how demanding his sister could be sometimes. 

"If you wake him up, I will kill you." Harry says, smiling nicely at his sister before slowly handing over Noah. Anne is at Gemma's side in a matter of seconds, cooing down at the baby and maybe she's crying a little but Harry doesn't say anything. It was an emotional day for both of them, Harry was finally a parent and Anne was meeting her grandson. 

"What's his name? Niall wouldn't tell me." Anne asks, looking up from her grandson and towards Harry. 

"Noah Jedidiah Horan-Styles. I picked the first name, Niall picked out the middle name." Harry says, smiling proudly as he keeps his gaze on his son. 

"Oh that's so cute, perfect for this little guy. He looks like a Noah." Anne says, moving from Gemma's side to go and give her son a hug. She gives him a tight squeeze, earning a soft groan from Harry as he feels his stitches stretch. 

"I'm so happy for you, baby. He's so beautiful, looks so much like you when you were a little one." Anne says, pulling away to wipe at her eyes as she gives Harry a teary smile. 

"I think he looks like Niall, but thank you Mum..." Harry says and he can't help but wipe at his own eyes as he feels the tears pooling. 

"Speaking of Niall, where's he at?" Gemma asks, taking her attention off of Noah for a few seconds to look around the room for Niall. 

"He just stepped out to make some calls, he should be back any minute now." Harry says, watching Gemma a bit wearily as Noah starts to fuss. Anne holds out her arms for the baby and Gemma gladly lets her have him. There was a knock on the door and Harry looks away from the pair to see Doctor Winters standing in the doorway. 

"Mind if I interrupt? There's some things we need to discuss." She says, earning a nod from Harry.

"We'll give you some privacy, love." Anne says, handing Noah back to Harry who was more than pleased to take the baby. The pair leave as Harry coos at Noah and Doctor Winters slowly moves into the room, appearing to be a little nervous but Harry was more focused on the baby to notice quite yet. 

"How are you feeling, Harry?" She asks and Harry shrugs a little as it wasn't too complicated of an answer. 

"I'm feeling alright, a bit sore but I'm sure that's normal." Harry says, smiling a little as Doctor Winters nods. She looks a little nervous, which was now setting Harry on edge. 

"I'm sure Niall has already told you that there was... some complications with the delivery. We had to perform a separate surgery due to the fact that you were losing quite a bit of blood... and because of that surgery, it is highly unlikely that you'll be able to have any more children. I'm not saying it's completely impossible, but even if you do end up conceiving, you'll run a higher risk of miscarriages and it might be dangerous for both you and the baby." She says, looking very sympathetic as Harry just stares t her in shock. 

"I'm sorry to load all of this on you so soon after having your baby, but I figured the sooner you knew... the better for you. I'm sorry." She says and Harry bites down on his lip as he nods. 

"Thanks... Thanks for telling me... Does uh... Does Niall know?" He asks, earning a shake of the head from Doctor Winters.

"I didn't tell him, I figured that was your decision. And like I said, it's not completely impossible so if you do end up wanting to have another baby... We can discuss your options." She says and Harry nods at that before staring down at the once again sleeping baby. Niall walks back into the room with Anne and Gemma not too far behind him after that, ending the conversation. Harry clears his throat before sitting up a little further on the bed so that Niall can slide back to where he'd been for the past few hours. 

"You alright?" Niall asks as soon as Doctor Winters leaves, earning a soft smile from Harry as he nods. 

"I'm just fine, how are you?" Harry asks, deciding against telling Niall what Doctor Winters told him just yet. Harry felt like he wanted process it on his own first before he discussed it with Niall... and Harry still wasn't sure where they stood at the moment. 

"I'm good... Is he still sleeping?" Niall asks, earning a nod from Harry. 

"If we're lucky, he'll sleep through the night." Harry says and Anne literally bursts out laughing, shaking her head as she looks at her son. 

"Oh sweetheart, that's some real wishful thinking right there." 

-------------------------------------------------------

And there's chapter forty-four... holy shit. Usually I end my stories by now but I don't want to end this one... I love writing it so much. I cry.

Anyways, totally just gonna slide this in here and mention that I have an Instagram account. It's the same user as my wattpad and if you follow, I'll follow back. I mostly post memes on there so if you like memes, you should follow me ;) I'm also more social on there than I am here soooooo yeah.

Dedication goes to everyone who's reading cause I wrote this on my phone and I'm too lazy to go upstairs and grab my computer today.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx