seventy-one: a little wedding

When Harry wakes up the next morning, it's to the sound of a very happy baby gurgling away to what appeared to be himself. Niall was nowhere in the room, but a note addressed to Harry sat on his side of the bed. 

Dollface,

Louis told me I wasn't allowed to see the bride before the wedding so he woke me up at the ass crack of dawn after not allowing me to even come back to the hotel room until well past midnight. Anyways, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the top of the Empire State Building in a few short hours. Give Noah a kiss for me. 

Love your soon to be husband, 

Niall xx 

Harry smiles softly at the letter, shaking his head a little before putting it back down. Noah's happy cooing seemed to cease now, turning into quiet whimpers which Harry took as a sign that he wasn't going to be getting anymore sleep. Harry drags himself out of the bed, walking over to the bassinet and taking out Noah. 

"Good morning my little Jedi, you're probably ready for breakfast." Harry coos quietly, placing a soft kiss to Noah's head before resting the baby against his shoulder. Harry cradles his bum to hold the baby in place as he walks into the small little kitchen unit. He starts a bottle for Noah, singing softly to the baby as they both wait for it to warm up. Once Harry is satisfied with the temperature, he walks back over to the bed and sits down on it to feed the baby. Harry was just in the middle of burping the baby when Zayn came crashing through the door, startling both Harry and Noah. Noah lets out a shrill cry and Harry is quick to shush the baby as he glares at Zayn who walks into the room with a hanger over his shoulder. 

"What's that?" Harry asks, more curious now than he was upset. 

"It's your wedding dress." Zayn says and Harry quirks an eyebrow at that. 

"Zayn, I may be gay but I don't wear girl's clothes. Not my cup of tea." Harry says, earning a laugh from Zayn. 

"It's not an actual dress, you doofus. It's actually your suit, Niall told me to pick it up. There's an outfit for Noah in there too." Zayn says, tossing bag  onto the bed before sitting down on Harry's other side. A somewhat awkward silence falls over them, Zayn clicking his tongue as Harry continues to burp the baby. 

"So uh... You nervous?" Zayn asks after Harry finishes, earning a shrug from Harry. 

"Not really, it feels like any normal day really... I guess it just hasn't clicked that I'm getting married today or something." Harry says honestly, standing up from the bed to go put Noah back in his bassinet. 

"Either that or you're just really certain about your relationship with Niall." 

"Then it's that. It just feels right, Zayn. Don't know how to explain it any other way besides that... Do you mind watching Noah for a few? I'm gonna go shower and then we can go get breakfast or something. Still got a few hours before we have to get ready." 

-----------------------

They had decided to get married during sunset, Niall renting out the top floor for only an hour but an hour was more than enough. Niall had been in charge of virtually everything, Harry only giving him his input on things that Niall asked about. Harry didn't know what waited for him on the other side of the elevator doors, but he knew it was going to be perfect either way because Niall knew Harry like the back of his hand. 

"Still not nervous?" Zayn asks for what already felt like the millionth time that day. Harry lets out a chuckle, shaking his head because he wanted this. It was just the two of them in the elevator, Louis having stopped by to pick up Noah just before Harry and Zayn were due to leave. 

"Nope. Are you nervous?" Harry asks in return and it's Zayn's turn to let out a chuckle. 

"It's not my wedding, mate." Zayn says and Harry just smiles. He felt at peace, waiting patiently for the elevator to reach the top floor. When the elevator dings, Harry feels a slight flutter in his stomach. The doors slowly open and Harry's breath catches in his throat at the sight. 

Niall had kept it simple, a few lanterns lined up on the ground on top of a white sheet that led to where Niall was standing. There was a small arch way, white roses decorating it along with a few more lanterns. What took Harry's breath away though was Niall standing underneath that arch, holding Noah with the brightest grin on his face. 

But Harry wasn't nervous as he walks down their little makeshift aisle, he wasn't nervous when Niall meets his eyes or when Niall passes Noah to Louis so that he could hold Harry's hands. 

He wasn't nervous as Myles started the ceremony, nor was he was he nervous when Niall and he shared their vows. 

Harry was just happy, happy because it was all perfect, every little detail and Harry knew that no one knew him better than Niall did. 

He'd found his soulmate, the love of his life and finally he was going to have him for the rest of his days. 

He was finally married to Niall. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

that was quickie wedding omg. 

but there's a cute reception chapter coming up... 

annnnnd there's always wedding number two lol. 

merp. 

dedication goes to Hazzalou723

comment

and

vote

connie xx