thirty: a happy life

Harry was speechless, staring at Niall like he'd lost his mind yet Harry couldn't be more over the moon. If anyone had told Harry five months ago that he'd even consider getting married, the young man would probably laugh in their face... but yet here he was, ready for that next step because it meant that he'd always have Niall. 

And that was something Harry knew for a fact he wanted. So the answer to Niall's question was an obvious one, the younger of the two nodding and Niall's smile grows wider if that was even possible as he pulls the ring he'd gotten Harry out of it's box to slide onto his finger. Niall stands up and he's quick to pull Harry into his arms, allowing the younger boy to bury his face into his neck as Niall holds on as tightly as he can. 

"I love you, Ni..." Harry whispers, already fighting back tears but they were happy ones. Harry honestly couldn't remember the last time he'd been this happy, in fact he was pretty convinced this is the happiest he'd ever been. 

"I love you too, Dollface." Niall whispers back and Harry lets out a laugh before pulling way from the hug. Everyone inside the house is clapping, but Niall is the only one Harry focuses on. Niall takes his place at Harry's side, reaching down to link his fingers with Harry's as they walk further into the house. Harry doesn't leave Niall's side for the rest of the party, keeping Niall's hands with his even when they're opening the presents people had brought. 

Harry was on cloud nine and he had no plan on coming down from it any time soon. 

"So, when's the wedding?" Zayn asks later after most of the party guests had left, earning laughs from both Harry and Niall who were both sitting down on the love seat across from Zayn and Liam. Louis and Myles were in the kitchen with Harry's mother and sister, finishing off the cake. 

"Dunno. Probably after the baby is born." Harry says, his voice quiet because he was just so content with being back in Niall's arms again. Harry is taking in every second, knowing that Niall was going to have to leave just as soon as he came... but Harry was gonna make Niall wear as many of his jumpers and shirts so that when he did leave, Harry would have things that still smelled like him. 

"Okay, so after Baby Styles is born. What month?" Zayn asks, continuing to press the issue. 

"I've always wanted to get married in August, if I'm being honest." Niall says, earning a hum from Harry. 

"Well if you waiting till after the baby is born, you're waiting over a year." Zayn points out, almost like it was a bad thing. 

"I'm perfectly fine with waiting another year to get married, I'm in no rush because I already know I've found my forever." Niall says and Zayn makes a gagging sound at that but Harry literally coos. 

"Just think, little Jedi can be our ring bearer." Harry says, running a hand over his bump with a fond look on his face. Niall can't help but smile at that, leaning down to place a soft kiss against the bump. 

"He'll be about eight months old, so someone will have to help him down the aisle unless you want him crawling away with the rings." Zayn says, but the couple wasn't really paying attention to him right now. Instead they were focused on the bump, Niall's eyes wide because he could've sworn he'd felt movement. 

"Did he...?" Niall asks, earning a nod from Harry who grabs Niall's hand and puts it right over the spot he'd just felt Jedi kick. Niall lets out a choked laugh, staring in disbelief as he felt his son move for the first time. 

"Today is just filled with surprises." Harry says, wiping the tears that had slipped down Niall's cheeks away with his thumb before leaning in to kiss the older boy. 

"All of them good of course." Niall says once Harry pulls away, earning a nod from Harry. 

"Hey, Narry. Pay attention to me." Zayn calls out, snapping his fingers and earning glares from both Niall and Harry. Zayn doesn't seem to mind though, grinning before a serious expression takes root on his face.

"So you wanna get married in August, next year. Where?" 

"Are you really planning our wedding, Zayn?" Harry asks, looking down at Niall who now had his ear pressed against Harry's stomach. Harry would normally find the action a bit odd, but Niall was always a bit odd where their baby was concerned. 

"Yes. I've been waiting for this shit since you both started dating."

"Harry wants to get married at the Empire State Building." Niall chimes in and Harry can't help but give Niall a fond look now because he'd actually remembered that. 

"That's weird." 

"You're weird." Harry retorts, sticking his tongue out at Zayn who does the same to him. 

"Clearly we're getting nowhere with this, so let's discuss baby names." Zayn says, changing the subject which just causes Harry and Niall to roll their eyes. 

"Leave them alone, love." Liam says, kissing Zayn's temple which earns a pout from the other lad. Harry and Niall are back to being in their own little perfect world, Niall humming softly as Harry runs his fingers through his hair. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

man, how are we at chapter thirty already? holy shiz guyss...

narry is goals.

also, even though this story still has a while to go before it's over... I've sorta gotta sequel/spin off planned. it's basically gonna be about Louis/Zayn/Liam (mostly just Lou and Zayn)... This is the cover and I'm just curious to see how many of you guys would be willing to read. 

so yeah

so yeah. 

dedication goes to firefleeting

comment

and

vote

connie xx