sixty-six: a daddy's boy

They ended up staying the night in, which Harry was grateful for. Niall made dinner while Harry entertained Noah with a few rounds of peekaboo but the baby didn't seem to find it all that entertaining, falling asleep before too long. Harry leaves the baby be, letting him sleep as he walks into the kitchen where Niall was finishing up what looked like fajitas. 

"Where's Jedi?" Niall asks when Harry comes into view without the baby. 

"Sleeping, again. He didn't find peekaboo nearly as entertaining as I did." Harry says, shrugging before he sits down on one of the stools at the kitchen island. 

"Give him time, if he's anything like you it'll take him a while to warm up to the idea of peekaboo." Niall teases, leaning across the island to kiss Harry. Harry grins a little as he pulls away, shaking his head when Niall winks. 

"I'll have you know I've always been a fan of peekaboo." Harry says, reaching for one of the slices of bell pepper only to have Niall lightly tap his hand.

"You'll spoil your dinner." Niall tsks, earning an eye roll from Harry who grabs a slice anyways. He makes a point of making eye contact with Niall as he takes a bite, grinning as Niall lets out an offended whine. 

"Why are you so defiant? If I had known it would be like this, I would've never agreed to go out with you." Niall says and Harry lets out a loud laugh that probably echoes through the house but he didn't mind. 

"You're the one who asked me out first, Niall. You should've known what you were getting yourself into." Harry points out and it's Niall turn to let out a soft chuckle as he shakes his head. 

"You're just lucky you're cute is all. I swear if all of our children take after you, I'm screwed." Niall says and Harry's smile falls just a little but he's still smiling despite the fact that he was thinking about a future that they more than likely wouldn't have. 

"When I get back from tour next week, I think we should call up Doctor Winters." Niall says, noticing Harry's sudden change in mood. Harry quirks an eyebrow at that, reaching for another pepper slice as Niall turns off the stove. 

"Why?" Harry asks and Niall turns back around with a shrug. 

"To see if I'm able to carry a baby. I think the sooner we find that out, the sooner we can figure out our plans for the future and what not. If I'm not able to, we can find out the risks and the actual factors involved if you carry another, we can also adopt or get a surrogate, there's endless options but I really would like to have more than one kid." Niall says and Harry nods his head in agreement. 

"I can call her on Monday if you'd like. Set you up an appointment for the Saturday you get back?" Harry offers as Niall pulls out two plates. 

"That should work. Your mum coming up again on Monday?" Niall asks when he turns around again. Harry shrugs as his mother hadn't really specified if she was coming back to London. 

"She didn't tell me, but even if she doesn't come I think I can handle taking care of Noah on my own. I did pretty well this week." Harry says, thanking Niall softly as he passes him a plate. Niall sits next to Harry at the island, purposely moving his chair closer so that his elbow is bumping Harry's. This causes a bit of an elbow war as both of the boys fight for dominance on the counter space only to end with Niall letting Harry win. 

They eat in a comfortable silence, Niall hooking his ankle with Harry's and Harry feeling nothing but love and admiration for the older. Noah doesn't wake up until after they finished eating and Niall was the one to jog into the living room to grab the baby. Niall walks back into the kitchen with the widest grin, making faces at Noah who is just staring up at him blankly. Niall holds out the baby for Harry to take but he shakes his head, not wanting to take away from Niall's limited time with Noah this weekend. 

"He likes you more than me." Harry says and Niall quirks an eyebrow at that. 

"I highly doubt that, you're his mummy." Niall points out and Harry rolls his eyes. 

"I may be his mummy, but he's a daddy's boy through and through. The other night, he refused to sleep until I put on one of the acoustic sets you and Louis did a few months back. You're his favorite." 

"I don't think he's old enough to pick favorites, H." 

"You're only saying that because you don't want me to get offended because you're clearly his favorite." Harry says and Niall lets out a sigh before shaking his head. 

"One, I'm not his favorite. Two, you're so goddamn stubborn sometimes that it hurts." 

"But you love me anyways." Harry says and Niall smiles at that before leaning in for a kiss. 

"You're right, I do. Now can we go out for like ice cream or something? I really need to get some ice cream." Niall asks, looking hopeful as Harry thinks about it for a moment. 

"Ice cream sounds nice, but only if you change Noah's diaper before we go." Harry says, scrunching up his nose as the familiar smell of Noah's diaper fills the air. Niall literally lets out a groan when he too smells it, holding the baby at arms length. 

"You're his favorite, you should change it." 

"We've already established he's a daddy's boy, Horan." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THAT'S CHAPTER 66. WHOOPITY DOO DA. 

we've got some fluff again. 

how cute. 

dedication goes to CastielIsmyAngel1666

comment

and

vote

connie xx