one: work work work

one: work work work

"Well if it isn't my favorite curly haired friend." Zayn says the second Harry walks into the office, earning a tight smile from Harry as he sits down at his desk. Zayn catches onto Harry's mood, a sympathetic look on his face as he wheels his chair over to Harry's desk before the younger boy sits down. 

"How are you holding up?" Zayn asks, earning a shrug from Harry as he grabs the paperwork for his current project. Harry was an editor for a popular fashion magazine, a job that he hated and loved at the same time. Harry liked what he did, but the hours could be a bit much sometimes. 

"He's only been gone for a few hours, but I miss him like crazy. You'd think after three years of this I'd be used to him leaving, but this time... I don't know. It just felt different." Harry says quietly, not wanting to talk any louder cause he wasn't sure if he could. He'd spent quite a bit of time crying on his way to work this morning, he didn't really want to go through that again especially in front of Zayn. 

"It's probably cause you've got a bun in the oven." Zayn says, earning an eye roll from Harry who pretends to be interested in his work. Harry was just trying to keep himself distracted, but it wasn't working with Zayn bothering him. 

"Why don't you say that a little louder, I don't think Liam heard you from downstairs." Harry grumbles out, but he's smiling a little.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was still on the down low. Did you tell him?" Zayn asks, a very serious expression on his face which Harry finds endearing. 

"Liam? Why would I tell Liam?" Harry asks, not actually being serious. He was just playing dumb to mess with Zayn. Zayn doesn't really seem to catch on though, which made Harry laugh slightly. Zayn was his best friend, but sometimes he didn't catch on to sarcasm. 

"Not Liam, you twit. Niall." Zayn says, rolling his eyes as Harry shakes his head. Harry hadn't gotten the chance to tell Niall about their little surprise and in all honesty he was scared to. Things with Niall were perfect, what if having a baby messed them up? 

"No... I haven't told him. I was going to last night but he was so busy with all his packing because only Niall would wait till last minute to pack for an eight month trip that I never got the chance... I thought about telling him this morning, but this morning was already hard enough..." Harry trails off, biting down on his bottom lip as he blinks back tears at just the mere mention of this morning. He still had a few hours until Niall's plane landed, but Harry really needed to hear his voice right about now. 

"Well are you planning on ever telling him or were you thinking you'd wait until you had the baby? Let the baby tell him?" Zayn asks, his voice taking a snarky tone to it that honestly wasn't helping Harry's mood at all. 

"Actually I was planning on letting you tell him being since you're so worried about it." Harry says, matching Zayn's tone and turning his attention from his work only to glare at his friend. Zayn doesn't seem to care that Harry's glaring at him, quirking an eyebrow before shaking his head. 

"You've known for a week, Harry." Zayn says, letting out a sigh before pushing his chair away from Harry's desk.

"Your point?" Harry asks, going back to his work. 

"You've had a week to tell him."

"And it's been one hell of a week, Zayn. He hasn't been home for half of it and even when he was home we were both exhausted. I'm going to tell him, Zayn. Today just isn't the right day." Harry says, earning another sigh from Zayn who looks like he wants to say more but he doesn't and for that Harry was grateful. Harry looks down at his phone, wishing more than anything that Niall's plane would land soon but he knew he still had a few hours till touchdown. Harry decides to keep himself busy so he went spend the entire work day feeling like he's about to breakdown. Zayn leaves him alone for most of the day, only asking the occasional question about the layout he was working on until it got close to lunch. 

"Want to go to lunch with Liam and I? You can pick where we go." Zayn offers, standing up from his desk and grabbing his coat off the back of his chair. 

"I don't want to crash your party." Harry says, not even bothering to look up from his work. Zayn lets out a sigh before reaching over and shutting Harry's laptop. 

"Get up. You're going to lunch because I'm not gonna let you sulk." Zayn says when Harry glares at him. 

"I'm not sulking." 

"Yes you are and it's not good for the baby if you skip meals. Now c'mon, Curly." Zayn says, jerking his head towards the door and Harry slowly stands up from his chair because Zayn wasn't going to leave him alone. 

"My hair isn't even that curly anymore." Harry grumbles, throwing on his coat as they walk together towards the elevator. 

"You're always gonna be Curly to me, Curly." 

--------------------------------------------------

and here's the first chapter or I guess the second? 

thank you guys for the feedback so far. 

it's very much appreciated!

comment

and

vote 

connie xx