seventy-seven: packed and ready

"Do we have everything?" Niall asks the next day, looking over at the bags Harry had sitting on the bed as he adjusts Noah in his arms. Harry had just finished putting in their swim suits when Niall had walked into the room with the baby, having kept himself busy with packing so he didn't have to deal with his mother in law. 

"I think so, at least the essentials anyways... Worse case we just buy a few things while we're there." Harry says, zipping up both suitcases before turning to place a soft kiss to Noah's forehead. He takes the baby from Niall at that point, smiling brightly as Noah gives him his little half smile. 

"I'm gonna miss that little smile..." Harry says quietly, his heart already tugging at the fact that he was about to leave his son for a week. He would be in safe hands, Harry's mother being the one to watch him... but that didn't make it any easier for Harry. 

"Your mother is gonna send you picture after picture while we're away, you won't even realize that you're gone babe." Niall says, chuckling a little before he too had a somewhat sad expression on his face. It wasn't gi loing to be easy, but Niall knew once they got past the first day or so that it would all be okay. 

"What time is the flight again?" Harry asks, finally tearing his attention away from the baby who was gurgling happily in his arms. 

"Ten tomorrow morning, we're driving to your mum's tonight?" Niall asks, earning a nod from Harry. 

"Yeah, that's why we booked the flight out of Manchester." Harry says, once again distracted by the baby. Harry sits down on the bed, placing Noah on his lap and continues to make faces at the baby, letting out playful gasps and blowing raspberries to on the baby's bare tummy. 

"Where's his clothes anyway? And your shirt?" Harry asks after another minute of just pure baby play bliss, just now noticing that Niall was missing his shirt. 

"Do you want the version that turns him into a monster or the version that keeps him the sweet little babe he is?" Niall asks, sitting down on the bed next to Harry. Niall runs a finger over Noah's cheek before he too leans down to blow a raspberry to the baby's tummy. 

"Both." 

"The sweet version is that he just spit up on it... The monster version is that he quite literally projectile vomited on me and then when I tried to change him, he decided it would be funny to pee all over and that got his clothes as well as the rest of my shirt." Niall says, earning a surprised laugh from Harry as they both look down at the grinning baby. 

"Yeah, you're lucky you're cute." Niall says, shaking his head before nuzzling his nose with Noah's. 

"It's the Irish in him." 

"That makes him cute? Babe, that's all you." Niall says, earning an eye roll from Harry. 

"I was going for the ill manners, but yeah. Okay." Harry says, grinning when Niall lets out an offended gasp, throwing a hand dramatically over his chest. 

"How dare you." 

"I love you, husband." Harry says, continuing to smile as he gives Niall a quick peck. 

"Yeah, you're lucky I love you too." Niall grumbles, but he's smiling too so Harry knew he wasn't holding anything personally. Niall lets out a sigh before he stands up off the bed, walking over to the dresser to grab a clean shirt only to realize that Harry had packed pretty much all of them. 

"Jesus, H. We're only going for a week." Niall says, earning a shrug from Harry.

"I packed enough for a week, it's just that most of your clothes are downstairs in the wash cause of Jedi." Harry says distractedly as he pokes at Noah's sides, making the baby squirm a little. Niall rolls his eyes before heading over to the suitcases, opening up the one he was assuming was his to grab a clean shirt. 

"I'm gonna go talk to my mum for a little before we leave, make sure she doesn't burn down the place while we're gone. You good with dressing the babe?" Niall asks, pulling a shirt on over his head before turning around to look at Harry who is once again back to pulling faces at the baby. 

"I'll take that as a yes, be ready to go in about an hour." Niall says, kissing Harry's cheek before leaving the room with a fond smile on his face. He finds his mother sitting in the kitchen, scrolling through her phone with a frown on her face.

"Everything alright?" He asks, causing her to jump a little in her chair before giving him a tight smile.

"Everything's fine, do you need something?"

"I was just checking on you before we left, once again I'm sorry that we'll be gone for the next few days..." Niall apologizes, watching his mother's facial expressions. She seemed off and Niall couldn't help the uneasy feeling in his stomach.

"It's fine, Niall. I'll be fine on my own for a few days." Maura says, shrugging a little and Niall bites down on his lip.

"I'm sorry." He says again, but he doesn't know why. His mother was looking at him with no emotion whatsoever, the feeling making him uncomfortable but he couldn't bring himself to ask quite yet what the problem was.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhhhhhhhhhh man, niall's catching on

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun

it's been a week again, i'm sorry

dedication goes to NarryNut1211

comment

and

vote

connie xx