ten: baby bombshell

ten: baby bombshell

"C'mon, H. It'll be fun. We haven't had a night out since Niall left. I miss it." Zayn whines, leaning over Harry's desk as the younger boy tries to get some work done. Harry didn't want to leave Zayn high and dry when he left in about two weeks, so he was trying to get as much done as he could. Zayn didn't seem to care about getting anything done today, pouting up at Harry as he refuses to look away from his computer. Harry lets out a sigh when he realizes Zayn isn't going to leave him alone, finally looking at his friend with a displeased expression.

"Going to a club and watching you make bad decisions is not my idea of fun, Zayn."

"It doesn't have to be a club. Just go out to dinner with me, we can go baby shopping or something. There's this adorable little boutique just down the street from that restaurant you said you liked so much, we can go there and get Baby Styles his or hers first outfit." Zayn continues to whine, pouting up at Harry as Harry lets out yet another sigh. 

"I promised Niall I wouldn't go baby shopping until we knew the gender." Harry says, going back to his work only to have Zayn shut his laptop screen. 

"You haven't left your house for anything but work for well over two months, H." 

"I didn't realize that was a crime." 

"It's not, but you should get out of the house. We won't go to a club, I promise... Just hang out with me and possibly Liam? There's this bar that serves the tea you've been craving." Zayn begs and Harry rolls his eyes before he finally just gives in.

"Fine. I'll hang out with you, but I swear to all that is holy, if you ditch me, I will kill you." Harry warns, sticking out his pinkie finger for Zayn to hook his own pinkie with. 

"I pinkie promise I won't ditch you." 

"And you're gonna buy my drink." 

"Fine, if that's what it takes." 

--------------

And that's what it took. Harry is sitting in the booth Zayn had snagged for them, waiting patiently for his friend to come back with the drinks as he texts Niall on and off. Niall was finishing up some interviews today and had promised Harry he'd call him the second he got a chance, which wouldn't be until it was nearly midnight Harry's time. 

"Who're you texting?" Zayn asks when he makes it back to the booth, passing Harry his tea. 

"Your mum." Harry says, not even missing a beat. Zayn rolls his eyes at that, sitting down on his side of the booth before taking a small sip of his own drink. 

"Tell her I say hi." Zayn says, earning a laugh from Harry. 

"Louis said hi, by the way." 

"Good for him." Zayn says, not even bothering to show any sort of emotion at what Harry said. Harry didn't get how Zayn did it, one minute he was completely in love with Louis and would never let him go and the next he's practically pushing Louis onto the plane. 

"Can I ask you a question?" 

"You just did." 

"Fair enough, but I need to know... What's going on between you and Lou?" Harry asks anyways, waiting patiently for Zayn to answer. Zayn lets out a sigh, biting down on his bottom lip before he looks up from his drink and at Harry. 

"Honestly, I don't know. Things with Louis are always going to be complicated, we never really clicked like you and Niall did... but that doesn't mean I don't care about him and that I don't miss him... I'm just not ready to make the commitment that you and Niall have made. Distance is hard." Zayn says, earning a nod from Harry because it was true. 

Distance was always hard, in fact it nearly broke Niall and Harry in the first year of their relationship... 

"I don't get how you and Niall do it sometimes, I admire it though." Zayn says after another minute. 

"It's not always easy, if I'm being completely honest... but I think Niall's my soulmate, or at least the love of my life so I'm willing to do anything in my power to keep us together... especially with Baby Styles on the way." Harry says, smiling down softly at his stomach at just the mere mention of the baby. 

"You guys are sickeningly cute, just so you know." Zayn says, grimacing a little before breaking out in a grin as he raises his drink again. Harry gets ready to say something else only to be interrupted by his phone going off with Niall's all too familiar ringtone of Sexy Back by Justin Timblerlake playing. 

"Hey babe!" Harry answers it in an instant, smiling from ear to ear as Zayn makes gaging noises. Harry rolls his eyes at his friend, finding his behavior amusing to say the least. 

"Hey...so uh... promise you won't be mad." Niall starts and Harry's smile falls just a tad. Was this Niall telling him that he was going to be on tour even longer? Or where was he going to be too busy for Harry to visit in two weeks? 

"Why would I be mad? What'd you do?" 

"Well... you know how we've been keeping the baby on the down low? I may have... I may have let it slip that we're expecting during my interview this afternoon... It's sort of... It's blowing up all over Twitter right now." 

"Shit." 

--------------------------------------------------------------

awe snap.

so quick question... i haven't decided what the side ship is going to be in this story. it's a tie between Zouis and Ziam so cast your votes, let me know what you would prefer...? 

Dedication goes to Brinunez

comment

and

vote

connie  xx