fifty-one: dishes for the win

"We should finish the dishes..." Niall whispers after a few minutes pass and they still had yet to let go of each other. Harry really didn't want Niall to let go though, he missed this, he missed being close and he was so scared that if he let Niall go... He wouldn't be able to hold him close like this again. Harry needed Niall like oxygen it seemed, but sometimes he felt like Niall didn't feel the same way. The past few weeks for Harry had been hard, so hard in fact he was surprised that he hadn't had a full on break down yet. 

"Just a few more minutes..." Harry whispers back, breathing contently into Niall's neck as the older of the two rubs his back comfortingly. 

"The longer we wait, the worse they're gonna be." 

"Shh..." Harry says, closing his eyes as Niall chuckles softly. 

"H, we don't know how long Noah will stay asleep for... The sooner we get the dishes done, the sooner we can crawl into bed and get some sleep before the baby wakes up." Niall says and maybe Harry is tempted now because sleep did sound nice... 

"Fine, but you owe me cuddles... Especially if you're leaving me on Monday." Harry says, his voice holding a sad tone to it but Harry was happy about the fact Niall would be home for weekends at least. 

"I'll Skype you every chance I get, don't want to miss out on anything with Noah so you should make me a vlog or two while I'm gone." Niall says and Harry smiles a little at that even though all Harry wanted to do was cry right now. He was terrified for the next two weeks, he wasn't sure how well he could do this. He hadn't been alone with Noah once since he'd been born... and even if his mum decided to come stay... Harry was just scared. 

"Only if you bring Noah back one of those "I love New York" onesies, deal?" Harry says instead of voicing his fears. They'd already had an emotional talk, leaving Harry feeling vulnerable and Harry didn't want to feel like that anymore today. 

"Deal. Now we really need to get those dishes done." Niall says, letting go of Harry completely which earns a small pout from the younger boy. Niall chuckles a little before placing a soft kiss on Harry's pout, heading back to the sink to finish washing the dishes. Harry grabs the towel he'd been using to dry, maybe smacking Niall's bum with it a little. Niall jumps at that, glaring over at Harry who tries to act innocent but the grin on his face said otherwise. 

They were almost finished with the dishes when Harry hears the quiet whimpers coming from the baby monitor. Harry lets out a sigh before putting the drying cloth on the counter, looking towards the monitor with a frown. He felt like he'd just been upstairs tending to the baby, but Harry also knew that babies weren't easy. 

"Think you can handle it without me?" Harry asks, earning a nod from Niall. 

"You go make sure the Jedi is okay, I'll be up in a few." Niall says, kissing Harry's cheek before Harry heads up to Noah's nursery. The baby was still just whimpering, a sign to Harry that he was hungry and was ready for his next bottle. That was something Harry could manage with a full stomach, a poopy diaper on the other hand was not in Harry's best interest right about now. 

"You hungry little Jedi?" Harry coos, reaching into the crib and gently lifting him up. Harry chuckles a little when Noah roots at his chest for food, mainly due to the fact that he wasn't going to be getting any from there. Harry grabs one of the burping cloths from the changing station, knowing he'd need one. 

"Let's get you a bottle, we can go sit in the kitchen with Daddy." Harry says quietly, walking out of the nursery and back downstairs. Niall was almost done, now putting away the dishes when Harry walked into the kitchen. Niall's face literally lights up when he sees them and he stops putting away the dishes just so he could go over and coo down at Noah. 

"You wanna hold him for a moment while I make him a bottle?" Harry offers and Niall was more than pleased to do that. 

"Let me just dry my hands." Niall says quickly, going and drying his hands as Harry tries to keep Noah from bursting into a fit. The baby was actually pretty quiet, whimpers really the extent of his crying so far. 

"Alright, c'mere little guy." Niall whispers, taking the fussing baby from Harry who smiles softly at the pair. Harry gets Noah's bottle ready as fast he can, checking the temperature a few times just to make sure it was perfect before he walks over to his two favorite boys. 

"Do you want to feed him or do you want me to?" Harry asks and Niall holds his hand out for the bottle which effectively answers his question.

"I'm gonna finish putting away the dishes then, don't forget to burp him." Harry says, earning an eye roll from Niall who already knew what he's supposed to do with the baby. Harry could hear Niall talking softly to Noah as he puts away the dishes, the smile on his face ever present because he just knew that Niall loved Noah more than anything. 

and that was all Harry could honestly ask for. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

why is narry so cute? 

i cry, way too much because of them. 

dedication goes to firefleeting

comment

and

vote

connie xx