twenty: tour buses and hotel rooms

Harry eventually makes his way back to the hotel room, walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevator because he wasn't sure what was waiting for him. He had several missed phone calls from Niall, along with countless text messages wondering where he was, each text getting increasingly more worried the longer Harry was out. 

Harry hesitates at the door, biting down on his bottom lip before walking in. He is instantly met with Niall's arms, earning a squeak from him as he hadn't expected Niall to be there. 

"Jesus Christ, do you not know how to pick up a phone?" Niall asks, pulling away from Harry and his relieved expression was now replaced with a rather angry expression.

"Do you have any idea how close I was to calling to cops to come and find you? I was worr-" 

"I told you I was going for a walk." Harry justifies, pulling off his jacket and tossing it down on the chair before sitting down on the bed to take off his shoes. Niall stands in front of him, his arms folded across his chest as he stares down at Harry who's just pretending like Niall isn't there. 

"You literally just walked out of the room, Harry." 

"I told you I was leaving and that I'd be back, I don't understand why it's such a big deal." Harry says and Niall lets out a scoff.

"It's a big deal because for one, this is New York. People get mugged here, they get murdered here. For two, you're pregnant, with my baby. And for three, you were gone for four hours, Harry. Four hours and I didn't know where you were or if something happened to you. So excuse me for being worried about you." Niall huffs out and Harry can't help but feel a little guilty now.

"I'm sorry, Niall. I just... I really needed to be alone." Harry whispers, looking down at his feet because he just knew Niall was looking at him with a disapproving frown.

"Why?" Niall asks, joining Harry on the bed and looking at his boyfriend. 

"What are we going to do once the baby comes?" Harry finds himself asking, answering Niall's question with a question of his own. 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"I mean, what's going to happen once the baby comes? How exactly are we going to do the whole raise a baby while you're apart of a band thing?" Harry asks, finally bringing himself to look at Niall. 

"We'll figure it out, H." 

"Will we though? Because honestly at this point I don't know if we will. There's just so much... up in the air right now, Ni." Harry whispers and he feels like he's about to cry again and he hates it. He was so emotional nowadays, he was getting real sick of it. 

"Babe, we always figure it out. I get that everything is up in the air right now, but I really do think we'll figure it out. I just... Maybe I'll take a break from the band for a year, I'm sure they're all on board with that because we've literally been touring for three years straight it seems... I don't know, H.... And you could always quit your job." Niall offers and Harry lets out a scoff at that because there it was. The real thing Niall wanted. 

"How long have you been holding that back?" Harry asks, his voice holding a snarky tone that caught Niall a little off guard.

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"You always throw that out there, every single time and I just...I like my job, Niall. It makes me happy and it gives me something to do when you're halfway across the world living your dream." 

"I'm just saying that if you quit your job, you could follow me on the tour all the time. We could raise our kid on the road, together... all you gotta do is quit." 

"I'm not quitting my job, Niall. I also have no desire to raise a baby on a tour bus and random hotel rooms. That's not... That's not the life I want for our baby." Harry says, trying not to get irritated but Niall just wasn't getting his point. 

"I get that it's not the most ideal... but can you just consider it? It's just an option, okay?"

"Niall, I really... I really don't want our baby growing up without a permanent home." 

"Even if that means they'll be growing up without me?" Niall asks and Harry knows it's a loaded question. Harry takes in a shaky breath, biting on his bottom lip because he just didn't know what to say. 

"What do you want me to say, Niall? Do you really want to have a baby on a tour bus? Do you really want to raise Jedi on the road?" Harry asks instead of answering, keeping his eyes locked with Niall's as Niall lets out a shaky breath of his own. 

"All I want is for my family to be together. It doesn't matter where our home is, Harry because my home is with you and Jedi. So yeah, maybe that is what I want but clearly that's not up to me." Niall says, the bitterness in his voice nearly causing Harry to flinch but he understood... 

"We'll figure it out." Harry finds himself saying and Niall lets out a sigh before shaking his head. 

"Honestly, Harry... I don't think we will this time." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol, double update.

some angst to spice it up. 

holla 

no one has commented on the last chapter...so no dedication. 

comment

and

vote

connie xx