twenty-four: on top of the world

"So do you still want to finish our little date or?" Harry asks after about ten minutes of Niall just holding onto him and practically crying into his shoulder. Harry didn't mind it though, still on cloud nine about the fact they were having a boy. A little boy who was gonna have bright blue eyes like Niall, a smile like Niall's, Niall's nose... 

"Course... I still gotta give you your present." Niall manages to get out, pulling away from Harry and wiping at his eyes as he gives Harry a teary smile. Niall grabs Harry's hand, lacing their fingers together as they get ready to walk towards the building only to have Louis clear his throat. Both of the boys turn to look at their friend who gestures towards the guitar that's still on the hood of his car. 

"You gonna take that with you or do you want me to take it back to the hotel?" Louis asks and Niall seems to think it over for a second before speaking. 

"Take it back to the hotel, I don't want to accidentally damaging it or something stupid like leaving it on the elevator." Niall says, earning another nod from Louis who closes the case and takes it to the back of the car. He pats Niall on the shoulder once the trunk is closed, a smile on his face before he pulls his friend in for a hug. 

"Congratulations, Irish." Louis whispers, pulling away and giving Niall what appeared to be a rather teary smile of his own. Niall doesn't say anything back to his friend, waving goodbye to Louis as he pulls way and leaves Niall and Harry alone at the entrance to the building. Niall grabs Harry's hand again, having let go of it when Louis had hugged him. 

"So... we're having a boy." Niall starts, walking with Harry into the building. 

"We are and I'm only going to say this once, we aren't naming him Jedidiah." Harry says, earning a small laugh from Niall. Niall stops walking once they reach the waiting room, standing in line as they wait to board the elevator. Niall puts his hands onto Harry's hips, his thumbs caressing the exposed skin of Harry's hip which earned a hum from the younger boy. 

"What about his middle name? I don't think I'm gonna be able to stop calling him Jedi, so maybe we should just make it his middle name." Niall offers, leaning in and kissing Harry who once again only lets out a hum in response. 

"We've got like five months before we need to figure out his name, you know. Baby Styles and Jedi work for now." Harry says after a minute, honestly not wanting to come up with the name for their baby just yet. Naming the baby seemed like a big deal to Harry and he didn't want to come up with his son's name just on the spot. He wanted to see what his son looked like first... maybe he'd have to wait until Jedi was born. 

"I'm just thinking the sooner we pick out a name, the sooner we can set up his nursery. I personally want to put his name on the door and over his crib." 

"We're gonna have to move." Harry says, more as an after thought than anything. Niall and Harry had a small home with just one bedroom, so it was safe to say that little Baby Styles didn't have a room... There was Niall's studio, but Harry didn't want to make Niall change that into a bedroom for the baby. 

"Yeah, I've kinda been looking at some places just outside of the city... I like our house, but we really don't have room for Baby Styles... or when your mum visits. Maybe we should look for a place that's got two extra rooms?" Niall suggests, moving forward as the elevator opened. Harry giggles a little as Niall still had his hands on his hips, the position a little awkward but Niall had no plans on letting go of Harry anytime soon. 

"Mum would like that, I think. She's already talking about staying with us the first month to help with the baby." Harry says, earning a laugh from Niall. 

"That doesn't surprise me in the slightest... At least she's wanting to be involved.. My mum just hung up the phone when I told her." Niall says, a sad tone taking over his voice.

"She'll come around, Ni." Harry whispers, running his fingers through Niall's hair and kissing the older boy softly on the cheek in hopes of maybe cheering him up. Niall's relationship with his family was a bit more complicated than Harry's was with his own, Niall didn't like to talk about it too much though... the topic rather depressing for him. 

"So three bedrooms, probably going to want two bathrooms? One for us, one for guests and Jedi when he's older... Probably going to want a yard for Jedi to play in, preferably fenced off. You're gonna need an office for your work and I'll need one for my studio... Damn, this house is getting big..." Niall trails off, laughing a little which made Harry smile a little. 

"So, five bedrooms and two bathrooms?" Harry asks, smiling softly as Niall shrugs. The elevator had finally reached the top of the building and together they walked out onto the top deck. 

"We could probably get away with four bedrooms, we could double up your office with my studio." Niall says, slowly moving Harry towards the rails. He finally lets go of Harry once they reach that spot, standing to the side and grabbing Harry's hand once more. Harry lets out a soft sigh, leaning his head onto Niall's shoulder as he takes in the view. 

"God, I love it up here." Harry whispers, keeping his gaze out on the city as Niall lets out a soft sigh of his own. 

"It never fails to leave you speechless." 

"If I were to ever get married, I'd want it to be up here." Harry finds himself saying, earning a soft chuckle from Niall. 

"You're the one who doesn't want to get married though." 

"I know, I'm just saying that if I ever decided that was what I wanted... I'd want to get married here." Harry says, moving so that he's standing face to face with Niall just so he can kiss his boyfriend. 

"Okay, so that being said... What would make you want to get married?" Niall asks, the question completely innocent and it earns Niall just a simple shrug from Harry. 

"I guess I'm just waiting for the right guy to ask me." Harry says, a slight glint in his eyes when Niall grins at that. 

"Oh really?" 

"Really, Louis is just taking ages to ask." 

"How on earth did I know you were going to say that?" Niall asks, rolling his eyes but he's still looking at Harry fondly. 

"Are you saying I'm predictable?" 

"No, I'm saying your obsession with my best friend is getting a tad out of hand. You really were planning on running away with him earlier, weren't you?" 

"You caught me. He's British, I'm British, it was a match made in heaven." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF

idk why they have to be so cute... ugh.

sadly their time together is almost over and then it's sad again.

anyways, you guys are very good guessers... a few of you got the name already, so like... good on you, but I'm still not gonna give the name yet... so the baby will just be referred to Baby Jedi cause it's cute af. 

Dedication goes to FireOnTheMountain83

comment

and

vote

connie xx