forty-seven: the irish and the brit

"Did you enjoy your shower?" Niall asks as Harry walks out of the bathroom, the younger glancing over at Noah with a soft smile on Harry's face. Harry was tempted to lift the baby out of the bassinet to join them on the bed, but he figured he'd let Noah sleep. If he woke up, Harry would move him then.  

"I did." Harry answers before he climbs into the bed with Niall. He puts his head on Niall's chest, letting out a content sigh as Niall starts to play with his hair

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Harry whispers, closing his eyes as Niall continues to play with his hair. 

"I'm sure you've mentioned it once or twice, but I've always figured it was a given. What's brought this on?" Niall asks, earning a shrug from Harry who opens his eyes to look up at Niall. 

"I just really love you is all and I feel like I haven't told you enough lately with everything that's been going on. So yeah, I love you." Harry says, earning a grin from Niall who leans down to kiss Harry's nose. 

"Well I'll have you know that I really love you too and I don't need you to tell me, I know that you do too." Niall says, leaning down and placing a soft kiss on Harry's lips now which earns a soft sigh from the younger boy. 

"Do you think we're ready for all of this? Being parents?" Harry finds himself asking when there's a lull in the conversation. Harry wasn't ready to go to sleep yet and it appeared that Niall wasn't either. 

"Even if I didn't, it's a little late for that considering we've got a five day old baby sleeping right next to us." Niall says, chuckling a little as Harry rolls his eyes. 

"Smart ass." 

"You love my ass." Niall says, grinning from ear to ear and Harry can't help but chuckle now. Noah lets out a squeak, drawing attention to himself. Harry moves off of Niall's chest to check on the baby who appeared to still be contently sleeping. 

"We probably shouldn't swear in front of the baby." Harry says once he returns to his spot on Niall's chest, earning another chuckle from Niall.

"That's gonna be a little difficult being since I'm Irish... but I don't think your mother would be very pleased with me if Noah's first word is fuck." Niall says and Harry smacks his chest a little. 

"If she doesn't kill you, I will." Harry threatens, but Niall doesn't take him all that seriously. Niall instead wraps both his arms around Harry, allowing the younger boy to bury his face into the crook of Niall's neck. Harry doesn't mind that his feet were dangling off the edge of the bed, simply just enjoying the feeling of being in Niall's arms again. There's another lull in the conversation and Harry's almost convinced that Niall's fallen asleep. 

"Did you fall asleep on me?" Harry finds himself asking, moving out of Niall's arms a little so he can look up at the older boy. 

"No, I'm just admiring the view. Enjoying the feeling of having you this close again... I don't remember the last time we actually just cuddled to be honest, like I know we cuddle on the couch and stuff but it's never like this." Niall says, earning a nod from Harry who's already back to burying his face into Niall's collarbone. 

"I think the last time we actually cuddled like this was just a little before Noah was conceived." Harry says, smiling when he feels Niall chuckle from underneath him. 

"I believe the last time we did this was New Years, we were both nursing hangovers because we went a little too crazy at Lou's party." 

"I think you mean you were nursing a hangover. You're the one who always goes overboard at parties." 

"Only because Louis instigates." 

"Not true, you're the one who instigates. It's that Irish thing you've got going on." Harry says, completely teasing which Niall of course knew to be the truth. Niall tightens his arms around Harry, burying his face into the younger's hair. 

"You still think we won't work out because I'm Irish?" Niall asks and Harry laughs softly at that. 

"Well considering we've been together for three years and that we now have a baby, I think it's safe to say that you're stuck with me." Harry whispers, moving a little so he was no longer completely on Niall's chest. Niall lets out a whine of protest, trying to pull Harry back into the same position. 

"Baby, don't go. I was comfy." Niall whines, earning an eye roll from Harry. 

"I'm just turning off the lamp, we're gonna have to go to bed eventually you know. Noah's probably gonna be up soon and I don't know about you, but I quite enjoy sleep." Harry says, reaching over for the bedside lamp and turning it off. It takes him a moment before he's back to their old position, earning a content sigh from Niall who's back to burying his face into Harry's hair. 

"You smell like home." 

"Why are you smelling me? That's creepy." Harry teases and Niall takes a deep breath before letting it out dramatically. 

"Smell so pretty." 

"Go to sleep, Irish." 

"Only if you tell me you love me, Dollface." 

"What if I don't want to?" Harry asks, grinning a little in the dark. 

"Then I'll probably die a little on the inside." Niall says dramatically and Harry could practically see the pout. 

"Well I guess it's a good thing that I love you." 

"Good because I love you too, Dollface." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

sigh.

it's one in the morning so i'm sorry if half of this chapter is all... weird. I promised an update after i got off work and i didn't get off until midnight, which was shit... but oh well.

here's some narry fluff to make up for the drama. 

also, i posted a new lirry... it's called Weak... you don't have to check it out, but i'll love you for forever if you do ;)

here's the cover:

and here's the description: 

"So what if everyone thinks he's the wrong guy for me? I don't care. I don't care because he's the only one who has ever made me feel strong, made me feel like I'm capable of doing anything I set my mind to. He makes me feel loved and there's nothing weak about that."

or the one where Harry has severe anxiety and Liam is the only one who makes it better

and that's it for this authors note

dedication goes to ThatHoranBoy

comment

and

vote

connie xx