seven: another day, another appoinment

seven: another day, another appointment

The next few weeks of Harry's life were relatively uneventful. He spent most of his time at work, keeping himself busy so he won't dwell on the fact that Niall is an ocean away. Niall's tour had officially picked up as of two days ago, leaving Harry even less interaction with his boyfriend than he already had.

Niall had been a little distant since he found out about the baby, which Harry understood. It was a lot to process and Harry was willing to give Niall the space he needed right now. Harry was just nearing what his doctor was hoping to be nine weeks pregnant when he went into his next appointment, Zayn by his side. Harry was happy for the support, finally able to share Baby Styles with someone else besides his YouTube subscribers. He had kept true to his promise of doing a video every week, but Harry didn't think Niall was really watching.

"So, any names?" Zayn asks as they wait for Dr. Winters. Harry rolls his eyes before shaking his head.

"It's too early for names, Zayn." Harry says quietly.

"It's never too early for names. Surely you've got some idea? Just humor me." Zayn says, putting his hands together in a prayer formation as he sticks out his bottom lip in a pout. Harry rolls his eyes again before picking at the thread of the hospital gown he was given to wear. Truth be told, Harry had thought of names. He'd been thinking of names since he found out but he didn't feel like sharing them without Niall there to hear them. Niall was the baby's father, not Zayn.

"Well, I was considering naming the baby Zayn if it's a boy and Zaynia if it's a girl. Just for you." Harry says instead, grinning from ear to ear when Zayn scoffs at the idea but he's smiling too.

"If you name your daughter Zaynia, I'm calling child services." Zayn says, crossing his arms over his chest as Harry lets out a laugh. Harry looks down at his phone after that, biting on the inside of his cheek as he sees there's still no new messages. Niall was busy, Harry knew that... but that didn't make him feel any better.

"You're gonna see him in like two weeks, aren't you?" Zayn asks when he notices the sad expression on Harry's face.

"Three. Three more weeks and then I only get to see him for a week." Harry whispers, his voice a little bitter at the fact he only got a week of Niall after waiting two months to see him.

"Only a week? I thought Liz was giving you two weeks leave?" Zayn asks, genuinely confused. Liz adored Harry and pretty much gave him whatever he wanted. What Harry says next though helped Zayn make sense of it.

"Liz was until Gill said he needed me back for the release of June's issue. I don't get why though because there's other editors. He doesn't let me take the photos anymore which is bullshit, but whatever. I guess the magazine is more important than time with the father of my child." Harry says, his voice getting even more bitter as he speaks. Gill was their other supervisor, more of a hard ass than Liz because technically Gill's family owned the company.

"I'll talk to Gill, I can take over June easily enough. You just have to promise that I'll be godfather." Zayn winks at Harry, earning another laugh from Harry who just now realized he was crying. Harry wipes at his eyes, letting out a shaky breath before smiling at Zayn.

"Thanks. I think I'll just talk to him myself though, maybe give him that exclusive he's been wanting on Niall and I's relationship for the past three years." Harry says, earning a look from Zayn but the older of the two doesn't get a chance to say anything before Doctor Winters finally walks into the room. She's smiling brightly, much like she had the first time Harry had met her.

"Lovely to see you again, Harry. How are we doing today?" She asks, already taking her seat.

"Good. Nervous, but good." Harry says honestly, shifting a little on the exam table.

"Well there's nothing to be nervous about. We're finally gonna get a look at that baby of yours." She says, but her words don't help Harry's nerves. Doctor Winters seems to finally catch sight of Zayn, her smile still welcoming as she holds out a hand for him to shake.

"You must be the father. I'm Harry's doctor." She says, making both Zayn and Harry laugh.

"I'm not the father, just the best friend and morale support." Zayn says, shaking her hand anyways.

"Ah, my mistake. It's lovely to meet you, Zayn. Now Harry, this is going to be a bit uncomfortable okay?" Doctor Winters warns and she was right about that. Harry grimaces, but the discomfort is short lived as that familiar rapid beating echoed through the room. Harry stares at the monitor, frowning when he doesn't see anything.

"Where is it?" Harry asks, his brow furrowed. Zayn grabs Harry's hand, gripping it rather tightly as he too tries to see the baby. It takes a moment, but eventually Doctor Winters freezes the screen on what appeared to be a dark blob.

"See this right here?" She asks, pointing at the blob. "That's your baby."

And Harry's a crying mess again. That was his baby and all he could think about right now was how badly he wished Niall was here to see it.

----------------------------------------------------------

ANNNNND THERE'S ANOTHER CHAPTER.

I might update again tonight, not sure yet.

Can't do a dedication cause I wrote this on my phone :P so please excuse typos!

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx