sixty-one: the root of a problem

"Now that's not very nice to say, H. You know you've missed me just as much as I've missed you, baby." Keaton says, taking a step closer to Harry who inwardly flinches. Harry had forgotten how Keaton was so patronizing, making Harry feel like shit and then some every time he talked.

"I don't miss you. I'm never gonna miss you." Harry finds himself whispering, silently praying that Keaton would just walk away and leave him alone.

Keaton doesn't even seem phased by what Harry says though, a smile on his face as he continues to stand a little too close to Harry's seat. Zayn clears his throat, not liking the way Keaton was looking at Harry and Anne was far too uncomfortable to say anything. Keaton breaks his gaze, turning it on Zayn who sits up a little taller in his chair as if he was daring Keaton to fight him or something. 

"Well if it isn't Zayn Malik, I thought Harry ditched your ass years ago." Keaton says and Harry looks down at his hands because he really disliked confrontation. Zayn and Keaton had never gotten along and Harry had often found himself stuck in the middle of the two when he'd been dating Keaton. 

"What are you even doing over here, Keaton? No one wants you here." Zayn says, continuing to glare at Keaton who lets out a chuckle. He places his hands on Harry's shoulders, the action causing the younger to stiffen up.

"Now that's just not true, Malik. I'm sure Harry here is more than glad to see me." Keaton says and Zayn literally lets out a laugh that echoes through the restaurant. 

"You really are stupid sometimes, Matthews. Harry doesn't want anything to do with you, so do yourself a favor and just leave him alone." Zayn says, standing up in his chair now and Harry risks a fearful glance up at him. Harry didn't want Zayn to do anything rash, something that would just make the situation worse. 

"I'll leave if Harry tells me to go." Keaton says and Harry clears his throat before looking at Keaton. 

"I'd really like you to g-" Harry starts only to be interrupted by Noah letting out a loud shriek of distress. Harry's attention is instantly on the baby, moving towards Noah and away from Keaton. It was then that Keaton seemed to notice the baby, a very confused expression on his face. 

"Who's baby is that?" He asks, but Harry doesn't answer him as he pulls Noah out of his seat and into his arms. 

"Shh Jedi, you're alright. Mummy's got you..." Harry whispers, bouncing the baby a little as he tries to calm the baby down. Noah was wailing now and Harry looks at his mother frantically because this was not how he wanted today to go at all. 

"Holy shit, that's your baby. You actually had a kid... Who the hell did you h- holy shit it was with that Irish prick, wasn't it?" Keaton asks and Harry looks up from Noah for just a second to glare at Keaton. 

"You really should leave, Keaton." Harry says before going back to trying to calm the wailing infant. Keaton seems to finally walk away, but Harry knew that wouldn't be the last time he'd see him. If Keaton was back in London, there was no avoiding him... But Harry was determined to keep Niall as far away from Keaton as he could.

---------------

Harry is more than grateful by the time they get home, walking through the front door he felt a rush of relief because there was no way in hell Keaton would show up here. Anne is slowly walking behind her son, stopping once the door is shut behind her.

"So are we going to talk about what happened or?" She asks as Harry puts Noah's carseat and diaper bag on the counter.

"It was just Keaton, Mum. You remember how he got...." Harry whispers, looking down at his shoes for a moment because he couldn't bring himself to look at her. There was a lot about his relationship with Keaton that he hadn't told anyone, Niall included, because he was ashamed by it and he had no intention of telling anyone anytime soon.

"He was never like that before, Harry. I may not have known him very well when you two were together, but I swear he used to be a very well mannered individual. Today he was looking at you like you were a piece of meat or something. I didn't like it and I know for a fact Niall won't either when he finds out." Anne says, a very upset expression on her face in that current moment. Harry's head snaps up at the mention of telling Niall and he couldn't help the terrified expression now.

"You have to promise me you won't tell Niall, Mum." Harry says frantically and Anne quirks an eyebrow at her son.

"Why?" She asks, studying her son's expression the best she could but Harry was back to not looking at his mother.

"Because I don't want him to worry. I'll tell him when he's back to being home full time, but while he's in the states I don't think he needs to he bothered with the information." Harry says but he can feel his mother's judgmental look burning a hole into the side of his face.

"That's your choice, but the sooner you tell him the sooner he can help you with the problem, Harry." 

"Keaton isn't a problem, Mum. I probably won't even see him again." Harry says, trying to be optimistic but they both knew better. 

Keaton was a problem, a problem that Harry really didn't want to deal with. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's so sinister omg. 

ummmm don't really have a lot to say this chapter tbh. 

dedication goes to judiriordan

comment

and

vote

connie xx