fifty: opening up

fifty: opening up

"This was great Niall, we should do this again." Louis says as Niall practically ushers everyone to the front door. Harry was upstairs with Noah, changing the baby's diaper as Niall walked their dinner guests out and by guests... he meant Louis. Myles had left right after dinner, something about needing to feed his mother's cat... Liam and Zayn had left not long after, the pair clearly getting a bit too frisky at the table. Niall blamed the wine.

"Well with the break coming up, I think we can manage that. You drive safe, alright Lou?" Niall says, earning a nod from Louis who waves goodbye one last time. Niall lets out sigh once he shuts the front door, running a hand through his hair as he tries to decide if he wanted to talk to Harry now or clean up the dishes from dinner. 

Niall figures he should go with the dishes first, give Harry time to get Noah back down and Niall didn't feel like he'd want to do the dishes later on anyways. Niall is about halfway done with cleaning up when Harry walks into the kitchen with a tired look. 

"You wash, I'll dry?" Harry offers, reaching for the towel that sat on the rack just by the sink. Niall simply just nods, turning off the water he'd been running before reaching for the first plate. 

"We really should invest in a dishwasher." Harry says after a few minutes of silence, earning a laugh from Niall who shakes his head a little. 

"And miss out on this time together? I don't think so." Niall teases, leaning over to kiss Harry's cheek. Harry smiles softly at that but it was a short lived smile as Niall brings up what he said at dinner. 

"So... about what happened at dinner... Do you really not want anymore kids?" Niall asks and Harry lets out a sigh as he stops drying the plate Niall had just handed him. 

"It's not that I don't want anymore, Ni... It's just..." Harry trails off, unable to really bring himself to say it just yet. He didn't want to see that look on Niall's face when he tells him the chances of having another baby were about one in a million... 

"It's just what, H? You know you can tell me anything..." Niall says, turning to look at Harry and abandoning washing the dishes for the next few minutes. Harry can't even look at Niall now, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes as he takes in a very long and shaky breath. He didn't know how to say it, how to break the news to Niall that the dream of a big family was simply just a dream. 

"So remember how there was some... some complications with Noah's delivery?" Harry whispers, still unable to look at Niall as he speaks.

"Yeah, they had to do an emergency surgery cause you were bleeding pretty bad..." Niall says and Harry lets out a sigh because Niall didn't seem to know where he was going with this. 

"Because they had to do that surgery the chances of me being able to conceive, let alone carry a baby to full term, are very very slim. So like I understand if you don't... if you don't want to be with me anymore but I really hope you do stay because of Noah and I'm so sorry, Niall. I'm so so-sorry" Harry continues to whisper, sniffling a little at the end of his sentence as he's crying now. Niall doesn't say anything for a moment and Harry was convinced that Niall was going to just walk out of the house and never come back. But then Niall hooks a finger beneath Harry's chin, lifting Harry's face up so that the younger is looking at him now. 

"H, it's okay." Niall whispers back, a sincere look on his face as he places a soft kiss on Harry's lips. It was a simple gesture, one that made Harry's heart skip a beat nonetheless though. 

"I love you, okay? And nothing is going to change that. Sure it kinda sucks that we might not be able to have anymore kids, but we've got Noah and there's always other ways too. I mean, I might be able to carry a baby... I never had that checked, if I'm being honest and Mum never said anything about it... So maybe that's what we'll do." Niall says, earning a nod from Harry who seems to brighten up a little bit but he was still rather upset. 

"Would... Would you really do that for me?" Harry asks, his voice shaking a little because for whatever reason just hearing Niall say he'd be willing to do that for Harry made him even more emotional. They were happy tears more than anything, but Harry didn't want to force Niall to do anything. 

"I would do anything for you, Harry. I love you more than anything else in the world, Noah a very close second but that's not the point I'm trying to make right now... I'm just saying that if I can, I'd be more than willing to carry our next baby." Niall says, letting out a surprised laugh when Harry practically throws himself on him. 

"I love you, Niall. I love you so much." Harry sobs into Niall's neck, relaxing into his arms as Niall rubs his hand down Harry's back. 

"I love you too, H. Always gonna love you." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

narry's kinda talked stuff out. 

there's still maura to deal with, but at least they're working on moving forward. 

woohoo

also thanks for 4k on this story!

dedication goes to LauraLizzyLoop

comment

and

vote

connie xx