twenty-three: the three year mark

"I gotta go talk to Lou for a second, think you can handle yourself?" Harry asks as soon as they return to the hotel, letting go of Niall's hand to walk in the direction of Louis' room. Niall gives him a confused look, reaching to grab Harry's hand to make him stop walking. 

"Why?" 

"Just need to talk to him, don't worry about it. I'll be five minutes top." Harry reassures, kissing Niall's cheek before walking into Louis' room. There was no sound of protest from Niall and Harry lets out a sigh of relief. Louis was sitting on his bed, playing what appeared to be FIFA. Louis doesn't even bother to look up from the TV when Harry walks in and sits down next to him. 

"You winning?" Harry asks, earning a scoff from Louis.

"Course. I always win." Louis says, still not bothering to look away from the TV.

"What'cu doing here, H? Surely it's not to confess your undying love for me, the Irish would be in here if that were the case." Louis teases, letting out a curse when he misses a goal or something, in all honesty Harry didn't know much about FIFA... 

"I need to ask you to do a favor for me... As you know, it's Niall's and I's anniversary tomorrow... and well... I haven't gotten his present yet because I didn't know what to get him until like midnight last night. I wanna surprise him with the gender of the baby, but I don't want to know until he knows... so I need you to do me a favor and get Niall's present for me." Harry says and Louis finally pauses his game to look over at Harry like he'd lost his mind. 

"You're trusting me with the gender of your unborn fetus?" Louis asks, more than a little taken aback. 

"Well it's either you or Myles and you know that Myles can't keep a secret to save his life. So yeah, I'm trusting you to pick up Niall's gift for me. I've already got it picked out, you just have to get it in either blue or pink... I'll text you later where exactly you're picking it up." Harry says, pulling out the small envelope Doctor Gregory had given Harry just a few hours previously. 

"And what exactly is in it for me?" Louis asks, completely teasing Harry who rolls his eyes at his friend. 

"You and Zayn can duke it out for godfather, Gem already has dibs on godmother." Harry says and Louis pretends to think about it before taking the envelope from Harry. 

"This gets me ahead of Zayn, right?" Louis asks, earning a soft laugh from Harry who shakes his head. 

"That's a secret." Harry says instead, kissing Louis' cheek and leaving the room before Louis got the chance  to say anything else. 

------------------

"So, you wanna tell me what was so important yesterday that you just had to run over to Louis' room? Is he giving you extra sex on the side? Am I not kee-" Niall's rambling is cut off by Harry leaning in and kissing his boyfriend, a fond smile on his face as he pulls away. 

"You talk about Louis too much, total boner killer." Harry teases, quoting Niall which caused Niall to roll his eyes before grabbing Harry's hand. They had decided to walk to their dinner reservation, Harry wanting to enjoy the night time air and Niall honestly just wanted to spend as much time with Harry as he could before he'd be on a plane next week. 

"So, where's your gift? I see you're not carrying around a bag." Niall decides to ask, earning a shrug from Harry who pretends to make a grab for the bag in Niall's hand. Niall jerks it away though, kissing Harry's nose as he lets out a chuckle. 

"Louis is bringing it for me, didn't want it to be too obvious." Harry says, allowing Niall to open the door for him once they reached the restaurant. Niall lets the hostess know about their reservation and it wasn't long before they were sitting down. 

"What'd you get me?" Niall asks once they've settled, putting Harry's gift down on the table. 

"What's the point of it being a surprise if you keep asking questions?" Harry asks instead of answering, which makes Niall pout a little. 

"I'll let you open yours now if you tell me." 

"Nope. You just need to be patient." Harry says, reaching across the table to bop Niall on the nose and Niall scrunches his nose at that. 

"You're lucky you're cute." Niall says, continuing to pout pretty much all through dinner. Harry just finds it cute, letting Niall pout because in less than an hour it would all be worth it. Once they finished with dinner, Niall paid the check and the boys were on their way to the Empire State building. Louis was meeting them there as Harry had requested and the longer it took them to get there, the more excited Harry felt. 

Once they finally reached their destination, Harry is practically jumping up and down which of course earned a very curious look from Niall that soon dissipated when he saw Louis waiting for them. 

"You're running away with Louis, aren't you?" Niall asks, earning a laugh from both Harry and Louis. Louis pops open his trunk, reaching into the back to pull out Niall's gift. He hands it to Harry who then passes it to Niall.

"You got me a guitar?" Niall asks, the gift an obvious one just because of the case. 

"It's a little more than that..." Harry says, biting down on his bottom lip as Niall sets the case on the hood of Louis' car to open it. He gives Harry a confused yet excited look as he opens it, a hand going up to cover his mouth when he sees what's inside. Harry moves from his spot next to Louis so he can see inside as well, his heart skipping a beat when he sees whats inside. 

Louis had gone all out it seemed, the blue guitar Harry had told him to get sitting in the case but it was also filled with blue confetti and the words IT'S A BOY were etched into the felt of the case. 

In an instant, Niall had Harry in his arms, burying his face into the crook of Harry's neck as happy little tears fall out of both of their eyes. 

"We're gonna have a boy." Niall whispers and all Harry could do was hold onto Niall. 

----------------------------------------------------------

alright fam, it's a boy!

not much of a surprise there because honestly most of my mpregs start with baby boys.... this is Niall's guitar: 

anyways, who wants to make guesses at the name?;) I'll give you guys a letter each chapter till you get it or until I decided to just reveal it lol

so first letter is N. go crazy.

dedication goes to imzadinot

comment

and

vote

connie xx