seventy-nine: maybe it's separation anxiety?

Harry wished he felt better and on any other day, being back home probably would make him happy... but today, he was just sad. Niall seems to notice that too, keeping close to Harry as they sit in Anne's living room. Anne was having the time of her life entertaining her grandson while Harry tries to keep his negative thoughts at bay. He was sure it was just a passing thing, that he'd feel better once they were on the plane.... That was wishful thinking on his part, he knew he was going to be miserable knowing this was the last time he'd be able to hold Noah for a week.

And the baby didn't want anything to do with him. 

Knowing Harry's luck, Noah won't even want to go back home with him. He'll hate Harry and want to stay with Anne... Harry wouldn't have his baby anymore and because of that Niall would leave and Harry would have no o-

"Harry? Babe?" Niall's voice brings Harry out of his internal panic, causing the younger to look at Niall with a confused expression as he hadn't been listening to a single word anyone had been saying. It wasn't like he was meaning to tune out the conversation, he was just having an off day it seemed... Negative thoughts continuing to fly through his head every chance they got. 

"What?" He asks, clearing his throat as he adjusts his sitting position on the couch. Niall gives Harry a soft smile, shaking his head a little but it was in a fond kind of way. Niall could tell Harry had a lot on his mind, which was why he felt like it might be a good idea for them to get out for a few. 

"Your mum was thinking that we should go pick up a pizza or something, get out of the house and have some alone time for a few. You look like you could use a break." Niall says and Harry shakes his head at that idea. He did not want to leave Noah until he absolutely had to, what if the baby decided he finally needed him? Harry wasn't about to let his son down. 

"I don't... I don't want to. We're leaving him for a week, I don't..." Harry starts to trail off, unable to really form his thoughts because he felt so flustered. He hadn't ever felt like this before, so it was catching him a bit off guard. Noah had never been like this, refusing Harry's touch and actually getting genuinely upset every time Harry tried... It was throwing him off and making his heart break into a million pieces every time. 

"It's fine, boys. I actually told Niall we should order in, mainly due to the fact that I felt like you'd want to spend your time with the baby. I'll order it, here's your babe." Anne says, passing Noah over to Harry who was more than grateful to have his son back. The happiness is short lived though as Noah starts to sniffle a little the second he's no longer against Anne. Harry feels his smile drop and he looks at Niall with panic in his eyes because he didn't get it, what was so wrong with Noah that he didn't want to be held by his own parent? 

"I don't know why he's acting up so badly...." Harry whispers, his voice a little broken and Niall feels his own heart break at the sound. It seemed that both Harry and Noah were having an off day, the impending separation was probably going to be a lot harder than Niall originally thought. 

"Here, I'm sure he just needs a diaper change..." Niall says, holding his arms out for Noah. Harry sadly passes over the baby, biting down on his lip so hard that he was almost certain it was bleeding. He doesn't move from his spot on the couch, looking at his hands until Niall comes back into the living room with a less fussy Noah. Niall holds Noah out for Harry to take, but the younger shakes his head. Niall lets out a sigh at Harry's actions before sitting down on the couch next to his husband, clearly waiting for some sort of explanation as to why Harry didn't want to hold the baby when just yesterday he refused to put him down for even a second. 

"He clearly doesn't want me to hold him, he's fine with you." Harry whispers, refusing to look at Niall because he knew that he'd just read him like a book... Harry was feeling useless again and he hated it. He just wanted his baby to be happy but it seemed like he couldn't even do that right. 

"Harry... He's probably just grumpy from the car ride, just hol-" Niall starts only to be interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Harry jumps up from the couch at the sound, looking for any excuse to not have this conversation. 

"That must be the pizza, I'll get it." Harry says quickly, going straight to the front door despite the fact that Niall was still talking. 

"H, your mum is still ordering. I don't think that's the pizza guy." Is what Niall is saying, following Harry to the front door. Harry practically throws open the door, a bright smile on his face that once again fades when he sees who it is standing on his mother's front porch. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol cliff hanger much? 

not even sorry. 

who do you guys think is at the doooooor?

i'll try to update sooner... BUT MORE THAN LIKELY I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN A WEEK CAUSE I'M A SLACKER LOL. 

dedication goes to NarryNut1211

comment

and

vote

connie xx