forty: a baby for the weekend pt.1

It was the Friday morning a little over a week after Harry last went home when the last thing that Harry wanted to happen, happened. Harry woke up that morning with a rather severe back ache, a groan escaping his parted lips as he sits up. Niall wasn't there to help him, leaving Harry completely on his own. It had honestly been the worst week of Harry's life, but he wasn't going to allow himself to cave. Niall had to make the move, Harry had made that more than clear. 

"You're really active today, aren't you baby boy? Probably missing your daddy, aren't you? I miss him too, baby." Harry whispers to his baby bump, smiling softly as he feels his little boy kicking up a storm in there. Harry rubs soothing circles into his skin before he finally manages to get out of bed, grimacing at the tight feeling that shot across his stomach. He passes it off as Braxton hicks, having been dealing with those for the past month.

Harry takes a shower before he gets ready for work, grimacing at how sore he felt as he practically waddles into the kitchen. Zayn is sitting at the breakfast table, quirking an eyebrow when Harry walks in.

"You look like you're about to pop, you sure you wanna go to work today?" Zayn asks the second Harry sits down, earning a glare from the pregnant boy.

"I'm well aware of the fact that I look like a beached whale and still have a month to go. I don't need your reminders." Harry huffs, throwing his arms over his chest only to let out a gasp when the baby kicks him rather harshly. There's a dull ache for a moment and Zayn is looking at him in concern.

"You alright?" He asks, earning a nod from Harry who rubs at the spot Jedi had just kicked.

"He's gonna be a footie player, or he'll really take after his nickname and become a fucking Jedi Master." Harry says, trying to keep the mood light but Zayn still looked rather worried.

"I'm fine, Zayn. Now stop looking at me like that and finish eating or else we'll be late. It's my last week, Gill won't be happy." Harry says and Zayn looks like he wants to say something more but decides against it. It wasn't long before they both finished breakfast and got into Zayn's car, finally pulling out of the driveway and heading to the office about a half hour later.  They don't say a word for the entire drive, Zayn too busy risking worried glances towards Harry and Harry was too busy rubbing soothing circles into the skin on his stomach. The baby was very active today, so much to the point that Harry kept feeling sharp pains every fifteen or so minutes.

Once they reached the office, Harry was hoping Baby Jedi would calm down but it only seemed to get worse. Instead of feeling that sharp pain every fifteen minutes, Harry felt like it was getting to ten and that's when he felt like he might panic.

"Zayn? Can... Do you think you could take me to the hospital?" Harry asks, keeping his voice low so he doesn't alert anyone else around them.

"Why? What's going on?" Zayn asks, already standing up and grabbing his keys off the desk. He walks over to Harry and helps the younger boy from his chair, flinching back when Harry lets out a rather large yelp.

"I think I'm having the baby." Harry whispers and that was all Zayn needed to hear. Zayn's moving as fast as he can with Harry trudging behind him, the younger boy feeling fearful as he clutches his stomach. 

"I need to call Niall..." Harry says as Zayn leads him to his car, the older of the two helping Harry into the car before handing him his phone. Harry is shaking so badly he can't even dial Niall's number, wet tears falling down his cheeks as he tries his hardest to stay calm. Harry eventually gets Niall's number tapped into the screen before he presses the call button and shakily raises the phone to his ear. 

Niall doesn't answer though, which sets Harry into an even deeper panic. Harry tries again, a soft sob escaping his lips as Niall's phone goes straight to voicemail. 

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Harry nearly shouts, earning a look from Zayn who takes a rather sharp left turn. 

"What's going on?" 

"He's not picking up. Why is that whenever something is happening, he doesn't pick up his goddamn phone?" Harry was panicking now, letting out another yelp when yet another contraction hit him. 

"Try Louis, maybe Niall just left his phone on silent or he's asleep. It's still fairly early for them, considering neither get up till noon... Don't panic, H." Zayn says, trying to reassure Harry but it was clear that wasn't working. Harry can't even dial Louis' number, whimpering a little as he passes over Zayn's phone. 

"I can't... You gotta call- Son of a bitch." Harry screams and Zayn steps on the gas. Zayn is shaking as he pulls up to the hospital, jumping out of the car before pressing his third speed dial button for Louis' number. Louis answers on the second ring, his voice more than surprised at the fact Zayn was calling him. 

"Zayn? Why are you cal-" Louis starts only to be cut off by Zayn.

"Harry's having the baby, you need to get Niall's ass to the hospital right now. He's not picking up his phone and I can't stop by the house." Zayn says in a rush, helping Harry walk into the hospital as he listens to Louis lose his shit on the other line. Harry walks right up to the front desk, but it didn't take a genius to realize that the young boy was indeed in labor so the attending nurse was quick to act. 

"I was actually just there not too long ago... He's uh... He's taking his mum to the airport last I heard." Louis says once he seems to calm just a little, and Zayn bites down hard on his bottom lip. One of the nurses is helping Harry into a wheel chair and Zayn winces when Harry grips his hand way too tightly. Harry is looking at Zayn hopefully and Zayn feels like he's about to stop breathing. 

"What time?" Zayn manages to get out, keeping his voice steady as he walks with in sync with Harry's wheelchair to whatever room the nurse was taking them.

"About an hour ago, I think? I can't remember... How's Harry?" Louis asks, clearly trying to stay calm but Louis was never good at staying calm. 

"He's freaking out, baby isn't due for another month and Niall isn't here. I just... Jesus Lou, I don't know." Zayn whispers, closing his eyes when Harry lets out another scream. Zayn thought about walking out, but Harry needed him. 

"I gotta... I gotta go Lou." Zayn says after another minute, hanging up his phone and walking over to Harry's bedside. The nurse had ran off to go find a doctor, leaving the two of them alone for a moment. 

"Where's Niall? Is he coming?" Harry pants out, the last contraction having been a difficult one. Zayn nods, biting on the inside of his lip as he tries not to cry. 

"He's on his way, H. He'll be here." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay... so this is to make up for the whole narry break up....

i apologize for adding drama to this fluffy story. 

it just happened, i'm sorry. 

I'M SORRY.

so this is a double update, it might end up being a triple. we will see. 

comment

and

vote

connie xx