fifty-three: the code red

Harry isn't able to get back downstairs for nearly an hour, Noah not putting up with any of what Harry was trying to do. Harry eventually is able to get the baby to take his pacifier once he'd sat down in the rocking chair, rocking back and forth with the baby as he tries to soothe him. In the hour that Harry was upstairs, Niall had made no move to join him which in a way Harry understood. However, when Harry did make it downstairs only to find that Niall was nowhere to be seen, he couldn't help but feel a little frustrated. He finds a note on the kitchen table and Harry lets out a sigh after reading it. 

Louis called, needed to talk. Should be back before dinner, if not don't wait up.

-N xx 

Harry takes the note and tosses it in the garbage, running a hand through his hair as he tries not to let his anger get the best of him. Niall knew they were in the middle of a discussion, a very important one at that, yet he ran off. Harry isn't given the chance to stew for too long before there's a knock on the front door, a curious expression on his face as he heads towards it. He opens it up to see Zayn standing there, looking a little off but Harry doesn't mention it. 

"What are you doing here?" Harry asks, stepping out of the way so that Zayn can come inside. Zayn takes off his coat before answering Harry's question, hanging it up on the rack as he lets out a sigh.

"I think I screwed up, H." Zayn says, sitting down on the sofa and throwing his head into his hands before letting out the loudest groan Harry could imagine right now. 

"Screwed what up?" Harry asks, slowly making his way over to Zayn. 

"Screwed up my relationship with Liam. I... I did something." Zayn says, earning a look from his friend as Harry joins him on the couch. 

"What'd you do?" Harry asks once he's settled, keeping his eyes on Zayn as Zayn's shoulders shake a little. Harry wasn't sure if Zayn was crying or if he was just having a really hard time breathing. 

"I uh... I maybe might've... I might've made out with Louis last night when we were here for dinner." Zayn whispers, finally bringing himself to look at Harry who's mouth was wide open and his eyes wide in shock. 

"Wha- When?" Harry manages to get out once the initial shock passes, the younger boy blinking as he tries to get his bearings. 

"It was when you were putting Noah in his nursery, Liam had went to help Niall and we were just hanging out downstairs, arguing about who got him the best gift and there was just all this... tension. Next thing I know, we were making out on the couch." Zayn says, tugging at his hair as he looks very stressed out. Harry is still staring at him like he'd lost his mind which was a bit odd considering how badly he wanted Louis and Zayn together, but Liam was also Harry's friend and he didn't want to see him hurt either.  

"Jesus.... What are you going to do?" Harry asks and Zayn's bottom lip quivers a little before he puts his head back in his hands. 

"I don't know, I don't know." Zayn says, his voice muffled and all Harry could do was rub his back in what he hoped was a comforting manner but Harry wasn't very good at the whole comforting thing sometimes. 

"Did you tell Liam?"

"No, would you tell Niall if you were in my situation?" Zayn asks, looking at Harry again with what appeared to be tear filled eyes. He looked so lost and Harry honestly had no clue what to do. Harry kind of wanted to yell at Zayn, tell him of course he'd tell Niall if he was in his situation but truth be told, Harry would never put himself in that situation. Niall was the one he wanted, he'd always been the one for Harry and nothing was going to change that. 

"I honestly don't know, I wouldn't put myself in that situation." Harry says, earning a shaky sigh from Zayn who wipes at his eyes. 

"I'll figure it out, I guess... I just... I care about Liam, a whole damn lot, but it's... I don't love him, not the way I loved Lou anyways. I feel like there's always going to be this part of me that will hold onto what Louis and I had, that won't let me move on." Zayn whispers and Harry gives his friend a tight smile because he honestly wasn't sure what else to do. 

"What do I do, H?" Zayn asks, looking at his friend for something but Harry didn't even know if he could help him. 

"Honestly, Zee... I think you need to talk about this with Liam..." 

"He's gonna hate me, H." 

"You don't know that, Zayn. He's always known from the start how things were between you and Louis and I think the sooner you tell him, the better it'll be and the sooner you can both move on from it." Harry says, earning a nod from Zayn who seems to calm down a little. Zayn clears his throat, sitting up a little straighter on the couch as a confused expression crosses his face. 

"Where's Niall?" He asks, earning a shrug from Harry. 

"He left, probably talking to Louis about what happened last night more than likely. I think he was looking for any excuse to leave the house though, we got in another fight." Harry says and Zayn quirks an eyebrow at that. 

"Another one? You guys doing okay?" Zayn asks, a concerned expression now on his face. 

"Right now? No. Ask me again in a few weeks when Niall's back to being home full time and we've had time to just... sit down and talk." 

------------------------------------------------

Yoooooooooo

There'll be a double update tonight for sure

Ziam or Zouis? ;)

ALSO HARRY'S ALBUM IS LIT. WHAT'S YOUR FAVE SONG?? I really like Only Angel, Kiwi and Two Ghosts and and and honestly I love the entire thing.

Can't do dedication cause I'm not at my house and using my phone to update again lol

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx