forty-five: welcome home, baby

The next few days went fairly quickly for Harry and Niall, the spent most of their time just admiring Noah and catering to his every need. Things were a little bit better between the couple, but Niall still had yet to actually apologize and Harry had yet to talk about what happened with Doctor Winters. Neither of them wanted to talk about it though as the both of them were more focused on the fact that they were finally going to get to take Noah home with them.

"You got everything?" Niall asks as soon as he gets Noah buckled into the car seat that Zayn had brought them earlier this morning. Harry lets out a sigh as he looks around the room, nodding when he deems he indeed had everything.

"Let's get our little Jedi home." Harry says, leaning a little so he can coo at the sleeping baby. Niall smiles at his actions, lifting the seat up and walking towards the front entrance of the hospital where Niall's car was. Niall buckles the carrier into the seat before helping Harry into the car, kissing the younger boy softly before getting into the front seat. They don't say anything the entire ride home, Harry keeping his attention solely on Noah and Niall keeping his on the road. When they reach the house, Niall is quick to help Harry out, handing the younger boy the diaper bag as he grabs out Noah. Niall grabs Harry's hand with his free one as they walk towards the front door.

"You wanna get the door?" Niall asks, earning a soft chuckle from Harry. Harry takes a deep breath before he opens the door and steps into the house for the first time in over two weeks. The house was surprisingly clean for which Harry was grateful for, he wasn't sure how much cleaning he'd be getting done now that the baby was here. Niall puts baby seat on the counter so that Harry doesn't have to bend down to get Noah out, the action earning a soft smile from Harry. 

"I finished up the nursery while you were staying at Zayn's if you wanna go check it out... I had Zayn put Noah's name on the door though so we owe him dinner... and Lou got the N hanging over the crib... so I guess we owe them both dinner." Niall says, earning a nod from Harry who gently lifts Noah out of the carrier. 

"Invite them over for dinner then?" Harry offers, earning a curious look from Niall. 

"Do you want company tonight? It's our first night home as a family, babe." Niall says and Harry just shrugs. 

"I don't mind, it's up to you though." Harry says, slowly starting to head towards the stairs. He was still a bit sore due to his stitches, so moving was a bit difficult but Harry wanted to see the nursery. 

"How about Friday? That gives us some time to adjust to having Noah around." Niall calls out, following Harry towards the stairs and shaking his head a little when he sees how slowly Harry is moving. 

"H, do you want me to take him?" Niall offers, biting down on his bottom lip as he watches Harry take what looked like another painful step. 

"No. I got it." Harry says, letting out a sigh of relief when he finally reaches the top step. Niall is close behind him, following Harry as he heads to the nursery that was just down the hall from their own bedroom. Harry feels his heart soar a little when he sees Noah's name elegantly written on the door and Harry has to take a deep breath before walking into the nursery. It wasn't anything to extravagant and for that Harry was grateful. The walls were white matched with a simple tan, the dark brown crib Harry had picked out sitting in the corner with the light blue elephant blanket Harry's mother had gotten them hanging off the side. Niall had set up what appeared to be a bookshelf along with a dresser in the closet, all of Noah's clothes inside the drawers and his fancier things hanging up.  The light green square above Noah's crib caught Harry's eye, the N that Niall had mentioned hanging on the wall. Harry's eyes water a little when he notices the rocking chair in the corner, an object that Harry had only mentioned in passing but Niall clearly got it simply because Harry had wanted one. 

"Did you do all of this on your own?" Harry asks, turning around to look at Niall who shrugs. The nursery had been a work in progress since they bought the house, Harry not wanting to do anything without Niall and Niall not being home long enough to really do anything until now. The last Harry had seen of the nursery, all they had was the crib set up.

"Lou helped with the painting and getting the closet set up, I put all the clothes away and decorated on my own though." Niall says and Harry smiles softly at the older boy. Niall walks up so he's standing at Harry's side, wrapping an arm around his waist before placing a soft kiss on his cheek. 

"It's perfect, perfect for our little Noah." Harry says and they both look down at the sleeping baby with admiration in their eyes. 

"I'm sorry, you know... about... about what I said to you. I shouldn't have called you a liar, that wasn't right of me. But I hope you can understand that I want my mother in my life and I hope you can accept that." Niall says, earning a soft sigh from Harry. 

"I'll try, Ni." 

"That's all I can ask of you... I love you, Harry." 

"I love you too, Niall." Harry says, leaning in to kiss Niall only to have Noah let out a loud squeak. Both of them turn their attention back to the baby, smiling from ear to ear as he fusses a little. 

"We also love you, Noah." Niall says, running a finger across Noah's cheek before leaning down to kiss the baby's forehead. 

=======================================================

DOUBLE UPDATE CAUSE NOAH IS SO CUTE AND SO IS NARRY FAMILY DESPITE THEIR LITTLE DRAMA.

Also, this is Noah's room (without the rocking chair)

dedication goes to kayftnarry

comment

and

vote

connie xx