five: apology flowers

Harry decides to stop by the office before heading home, wanting to grab his laptop so he could work from home for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow as well. Harry wasn't sure if he was really up for going into the office tomorrow, his conversation with Niall bringing his mood down even further than it had been before.

Harry isn't surprised to see Zayn sitting at his desk when he walks in, he is however surprised at the flowers that sat on Harry's own desk. Harry walks over to them, frowning as he looks for the card but comes up empty. 

"They're from me. An apology for being a dick yesterday." Zayn says and Harry looks over at his friend with a soft smile as he sets down the video camera. He didn't want to leave it in the car and he figured it wouldn't be a huge deal to bring it in with him if he was just running in and out.  Zayn returns Harry's smile halfheartedly, still feeling bad about yesterday. 

"You didn't need to get me flowers. A simple 'I'm sorry' would've been more than enough, you know. Not that I don't appreciate the gesture. You should apologize with flowers every time you're a dick." Harry teases, earning an eye roll from Zayn who slides his chair over by Harry.

"How'd the baby doctor go?" Zayn asks as Harry starts to pack up his work laptop along with several folders filled with paperwork.

"Good. Doc says I'm about six weeks, got to hear the heartbeat. Niall's nervous though."

"Oh so you finally told him?"

"Yes. I told him last night, not because you told me to but because he needed to know." Harry says, making a point of looking at Zayn as he speaks. Zayn rolls his eyes again before leaning across Harry's desk and looking up at him as he packs.

"How'd it go?"

"Like I said, he's nervous. He's not... he's not happy about the fact he's missing pretty much my entire pregnancy, but he's happy were having a baby." Harry says, biting on his bottom lip as the intense urge to cry comes over him. He'd told Niall that they'd figure something out, but Harry wasn't sure if they could. Harry didn't want to do this in his own, but he had to and he hated it.

"How long is he on tour this time?" Zayn asks, which clearly wasn't the right question because Harry bursts into tears. Zayn jumps up from his chair, running around the desk to pull the crying boy into a hug. Harry cries for what feels like an eternity but in reality was only a few minutes before he calms down enough to actually speak. He pulls away from Zayn's embrace awkwardly, clearing his throat as he fixes his shirt.

"Sorry... I uh... I don't know what came over me." Harry whispers, clearing his throat again and looking anywhere but at Zayn. 

"Is everything okay, H?" Zayn asks, keeping his gaze on Harry as he lets out a very shaky breath before he finally looks at Zayn again. 

"It just... It just kinda hit me that I'm doing all of this on my own. Niall... Niall's an ocean away, he's not going to be here for any of this and he's the one person I need the most. It just... It sucks." Harry whispers again, running a hand through his hair as he fakes a smile. Zayn returns it with a sympathetic one of his own, not sure of what to say to his friend. 

"Well you and Niall will figure something out, you always do." 

"But what if we don't this time? What if Niall is still in the states when I go into labor? What if I can't fly out there like I told him I could? What am I going to do without him?" Harry asks, clearly panicking and Zayn is quick to pull him into a hug again.

"You gotta calm down, H. Stressing out isn't good for you and as far as I know it isn't good for that baby there. You've got eight months to figure out a plan." Zayn says, trying to be reassuring but it wasn't helping Harry clam down. 

"I don't think I can do this without him, Zee." 

"You're gonna have to, Harry. But you're not alone in this either, you've got me, you've got Liam, you've got your mum and your sister. You aren't alone in this, okay? We're all here for you." Zayn says and that seems to make Harry feel better. Harry lets out a shaky breath before pulling away from Zayn yet again, this time giving Zayn an actual smile. 

"I haven't even told my mum yet... or Gem for that matter. You only know cause you were there with me when I took those tests...." Harry says, wiping at his eyes as Zayn smiles softly at him. 

"All the more reason for me to be that kiddo's godfather. But in all honesty you're tough, H. If anyone can handle this, you can. Now I've been needing to ask this since you walked in, but what's with the video camera?" Zayn asks, earning a laugh from Harry before he shrugs. 

"I told Niall I'd take a videos to keep him updated on everything. I'm starting a vlog channel." 

"Oh really? What are you going to call it?" Zayn asks, just wanting to keep up conversation and maybe distract Harry from thinking about their earlier one. 

"Don't know. Haven't really gotten that far. I'm sure Niall wants me to call it like Baby Horan or something along those lines. I figured I would spend the rest of my day figuring that out." 

"You should just call it Baby Styles. You know, being since you're the one carrying the baby." Zayn suggests, earning another laugh from Harry who's smiling brightly now. 

"See, this is why we're friends." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

howdy hey.

this is the only story i update and even then i'm failing cause it's been a few days.

oh wellllll

dedication goes to justxnarryx

comment

and

vote

connie xx