thirty-two: moving blues

lol, another time jump cause i suck. JUST WANT TO GET TO BABY JEDI ALREADY, BUT THIS STORY WON'T END WHEN JEDI IS BORN. THERE'S STILL NARRY GETTING MARRIED AND I PROMISE I WON'T JUST DO A TIME JUMP, I'LL ACTUALLY WRITE THE MONTHS IN BETWEEN. okay. time for the chapter. i'm sorry i jumped. 

thirty-two: moving blues

The next month of Harry's life was filled with moving. Harry would spend most of his time packing up their current home, a task that only he could do since Niall was once again an ocean away. Niall didn't like the fact that Harry was packing up the house on his own being since he was just barely reaching 30 weeks.

Harry of course told Niall that he was more than capable of doing what he wanted and there was no way they were going to be packed and ready to go by the end of August if no one was doing the packing. Niall had invested in Zayn to help and for the most part he did, but Harry was independent and he really hated it when people tried to interfere with that. 

Harry's hormones were all over the place, so Zayn felt like he was walking on thin ice but he wanted to be there to help his friend anyways. Today was a bad day, Harry had stumbled upon some of Niall's old things which set the mood for the entire day of packing. Harry hadn't seen Niall for a month yet again and with how things were going, Niall wouldn't be able to come back to London until his birthday and even that wasn't set in stone.

So when Zayn had shown up to help Harry pack up Niall's studio, it was safe to say Harry wasn't doing so well. Zayn had walked in on Harry sitting down on the floor surrounded by pictures of Niall and notebooks that Zayn recognized as Niall's old song books. With the way Harry was crying, it was almost like Niall had died or something.

"Hey, H..." Zayn says, being cautious because he didn't want to set Harry off any more than he already was. Harry is holding one of the notebooks against his chest, just sobbing and Zayn quite literally didn't know what to do.

"Harry? You know he's not dead, right?" Zayn asks, taking another cautious step into the room. Zayn felt like he was dealing with a toddler who had severe separation anxiety all of a sudden, but then Zayn got an idea.

"Would you like a snack, H? I can call Liam to bring us over some ice cream." Zayn offers and Harry finally looks at him. Harry sniffles a little, wiping at his eyes as he stares up at Zayn.

"Can he get the half baked stuff? The stuff with the brownie and cookie dough?" Harry asks, his voice so quiet and innocent that Zayn literally has to stop himself from cooing.

"Course, whatever you want. How about you go ahead and text him while I clean all this up... where'd you put the boxes these were in?" Zayn asks, walking over to Harry to help the younger boy up from his spot on the floor. Harry points to the corner of the room where he'd put the boxes before rubbing his hand across his belly. Jedi was moving a lot today, kicking up a storm but Harry didn't mind because it meant that the baby was alive and doing well.

"Here's my phone, go sit down on the couch for a little. Holler if you need anything." Zayn says, frowning when Harry shakes his head.

"I'm not letting you pack by yourself."

"Harry, no offense but you were literally just sobbing on your floor like  Niall had died because you found his old notebooks. You need to take it easy before you have a nervous breakdown because you stumble upon a sock he wore." Zayn says and Harry glares at him as he lets out a huff.

"I just miss him, okay? I'm allowed to be emotional." Harry grumbles, but for the first time in a week Harry actually does what Zayn tells him to. Zayn lets out a relieved sigh when Harry leaves the room, the older of the two setting to work on the room. He starts with the notebooks, placing them down flat in the box. Zayn could understand why Harry had gotten emotional at the books, he was feeling a bit nostalgic himself as he looks at the faded green and blue.

"Liam said he's on his way." Harry says, coming back into the room after Zayn had finally put all the books into the box.

"Great... So uh quick question, why did you unpack all of this? All these pictures are from when you first met Niall, when you were still dating Keaton if I'm correct." Zayn says, holding up one of the pictures. Harry lets out a sigh, walking over and taking the picture from Zayn.

"I was just feeling a bit nostalgic, I guess. Everything is changing, you know? Niall and I are having a baby, we're engaged, we're moving into a new home where we're probably going to live for the rest of our lives. So many things are changing, and it's scary Zayn." Harry says honestly, handing the photo back to Zayn who stands up to give his friend a big hug, which was a bit difficult due to the bump between them. 

"I get it, H. Change is scary, but if anyone can handle it, it's you and Niall." Zayn says, trying to be reassuring and Harry seems to believe him for the most part. Neither of them say anything for a while, Zayn still holding him even when Liam lets himself into the house. 

"Am I interrupting something?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOUBLE UPDATE

DOUBLE UPDATE

DOUBLE UPDATE.

holla holla. 

sorry for another time jump lol

dedication goes to dejarenai55

comment

and

vote

connie xx