twelve: late night call

"So, are you as excited about tomorrow as I am?" Niall asks, giving Harry an exhausted smile which he returns. It was well past midnight in London, but for Niall it was only ten and Harry wasn't about to pass up on an opportunity to talk to Niall even if he was going to see him soon. 

"Technically it's already tomorrow here, being since I'm about five hours ahead of you. But to answer your question, yes I'm excited. Even if I'm going to be on a plane for practically the whole day and jet lagged for at least two after that, but it's worth it because you have no idea how badly I miss you." Harry says quietly, his eyes misting up a little and his chest aches. In less than a day, Harry would be back in the one place he loved more than anything. 

In Niall's arms.

"What time does your flight land? I'm gonna be picking you up." Niall asks, his voice holding a chirpier tone to it. Harry could see the excitement in Niall's eyes which of course just made Harry even more excited. 

"It should be around four New York time, but you really don't need to pick me up. I know you've got a show."

"Nonsense, I'm picking you up. I'll be the one holding a cardboard sign with your name expertly written." Niall says, winking at the end which makes Harry let out a soft laugh.

"I'll be looking for Louis then." Harry teases, earning a gasp from Niall who throws a hand over his chest.

"What is with your weird obsession with Louis lately? You're making me doubt our relationship. The baby's his, isn't it?" Niall asks, looking at Harry sadly even though Harry knew he was just goofing around. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell you. I just figured if I told you the baby was yours, you'd never doubt it and raise it as your own." Harry says, continuing with the joke as Niall lets out another surprised gasp. 

"How dare you, what kind of fool do you take me for?" 

"One who's hopelessly in love with me?" Harry offers and Niall breaks out into a grin.

"Okay... You've got me there. I'll love the baby as if it's my own, even if it's Louis'." 

"That's all I could ever hope for." Harry says, yawning after that. He was honestly exhausted, but he didn't want to stop talking to Niall just yet. 

"So... Boy or girl?" Niall asks, not wanting to stop talking to Harry either. 

"What?" 

"Do you think the baby is a boy or a girl?" Niall asks again and Harry just shrugs. 

"I don't know... I'm happy with either, you know? As long as it's healthy..." 

"That's such a generic thing to say. There's gotta be one  you want more than the other." Niall presses, still grinning as Harry appears to be thinking about his answer. Truth be told, he wanted a girl. He wanted a girl with Niall's pretty blue eyes and his crooked smile. He wanted a girl that he could dress up like a princess and treat like a princess. 

"A girl. I want a girl but I won't be upset if we have a boy. Like I said, as long as it's healthy. Now what do you want?" Harry asks, now a little curious.

"Boy. I always pictured my first kid being a boy." Niall says, not even missing a beat.

"Do I sense a bet?"

"What would we be betting?"

"I dunno." Harry says, shrugging but he had a few ideas. Most of them were of the sexual nature, which is why Harry wasn't offering them up just yet as they seemed a bit cliche. Besides, Harry didn't even need to make bets for that kind of stuff. Niall was more than willing doing anything Harry wanted, all he had to do was ask.

"Well I guess this isn't much of a bet, but how about if the baby is a boy, I get to name him. If the baby is a girl, you get to name her. Anything we want without any protest from the other. Like for example if I wanna name our son Jedidiah, you can't say it's a st-"

"We are never going to name any of our children Jedidiah." Harry says, nipping that one in the bud because he wasn't going to subject his son to that kind of name.

"His nickname would be Jedi." Niall argues, earning an eye roll from Harry.

"No, Niall."

"Fine. But Jedi would be a badass nickname, just saying." Niall says, throwing his hands up in surrender but Harry had a feeling this wasn't over with and that Niall would bring up the name again in a future discussion.

"You should get some sleep, long day ahead and all." Niall says when there's a lull in conversation and Harry looks like he's gonna pass out in a matter of seconds. Harry just lets out a hum, not really agreeing with what Niall had said but he wasn't disagreeing either.

"I love you, H. I'll see you tomorrow." Niall says and Harry gives him a tired smile.

"I love you too. I'll be looking for the boy with my name expertly written on a cardboard sign."

"I'll be sure to let Louis know when you're landing."

"I love you, Ni." Harry whispers, earning a small smile from Niall.

"I love you too, H."

-------------------------------------------

And there's chapter twelve! Woohoo!

Wrote this on my phone again, so sorry for typos and sorry for no dedication

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx