twenty-nine: a surprise for all

sorry homies, we're jumping forward again cause like it's chapter twenty-nine and we still don't have a baby... holy shiz. 

twenty-nine: a surprise for all 

Harry was roughly twenty-three weeks when his mother and Zayn decided to throw him a baby shower. Harry had been out looking at a house just out of the city, face-timing Niall while he was there was the best he could get to have Niall looking at the houses with him. So far they'd come up empty, houses that Niall loved Harry usually disliked and vice versa. So when Harry walked into their current home, he was in a bit of mood that was instantly lifted the second everyone shouted surprise. 

Well maybe not instantly, in fact it nearly made him pee his pants. 

"Holy shit." Harry gasps out, throwing a hand over his chest as he tries to calm down. His reaction earns a small laugh from his mother who walks over to him and engulfs him into a warm hug. 

"Sorry love, it was Zayn's idea to make it a surprise." She says quietly and Harry smiles at that before glaring over at his best friend who's standing off to the side with Liam. Zayn gives a slight wave before walking over to Harry and pulling his friend in for a hug. 

"Sorry mate, didn't mean to scare the living shit out of you." Zayn apologizes and Harry can't bring himself to stay mad now. Zayn had been there for Harry a lot in the past month and for that Harry was grateful. He wasn't really sure what he'd do without Zayn keeping him sane. 

"What's even going on anyways?" Harry asks, putting down his things on the counter before turning back towards the party.

"It's your baby shower, you've been down these past few weeks with Niall being gone... I just figured you needed something to cheer you up." Zayn says and Harry smiles a little. 

"Thank you..." Harry whispers, looking around the room. He was happy, for sure... but at the same time he just wished that Niall was here to see this. Everything was blue, streamers hanging from the ceiling along with balloons that appeared to be everywhere. There was a small cake sitting in the corner with the words Baby Styles Coming 10/25/17 written in frosting. Harry could feel his eyes misting up, feeling glad that he has a friend who would do something so special for him. 

"You alright?" Anne asks her son, noticing how quiet he is as he gazes around the room. Harry clears his throat before nodding, turning his gaze onto his mother. 

"Yeah, just... I wish Niall was here to see this, is all." Harry says honestly, earning a sympathetic look from his mother who pulls him in for a side armed hug. 

"You know he'd be here if he could be, love. If there is one thing Niall loves more than parties, it's you and that little baby. Speaking of my grandson, did you guys pick out a name yet?" Anne asks and Harry shrugs. 

"We've been tossing some around, nothing decided yet. Niall wants his middle name to be Jedidiah and there's honestly nothing seems to fit that we both can agree on. Like I want to maybe name him Nicolas... or Noah... or Nolan. But I don't like the middle name Jedidiah..." Harry says, letting out a sigh because he just didn't know. Niall was dead set on Jedidiah. 

"Have you told him that?" Anne asks, earning another shrug from Harry. 

"I told him it's not exactly my first choice, but I don't want him to feel like I'm totally stomping on his ideas. He just wants to keep calling the baby Jedi even after he's born and he thinks the only way he can do that is if we make his middle name Jedidiah." 

"Maybe just talk to him about it. I'm sure whatever name you guys choose will be a perfect fit for that little boy. I'm gonna go talk to your sister for a few minutes, how about you socialize with your guests." Anne says, ending their conversation and walking away from Harry. Harry lets out a sigh, not feeling up for socializing but he didn't want to seem rude. Harry joins the crowd after a minute or two, talking nicely with a few cousins that had shown up along with the occasional co-worker. The party was actually pretty decent and Harry was finding himself having a good time despite the fact that Niall wasn't there. It was probably the happiest Harry had been since he'd gotten home. 

"Hey, H? Can you go get the door? That's probably the pizza man." Zayn calls out later when the sound of the doorbell echoes through the house. Harry nods before excusing himself from his current conversation with Gemma. Harry walks over to the door, a confused expression on his face when he notices Zayn was right next to it holding out his phone. 

"What are you doing?" Harry asks and Zayn just points towards the door. 

"Open the door, Harold." Zayn says and Harry does as he's told even if he didn't get why Zayn was being weird. It all made sense though when Harry opens the door to find Niall sitting on one knee on the doorstep with a velvet box in his hand. Harry can't breathe, his heart literally skipping a beat as Niall grins up at him. 

"Harry, baby, will you marry me?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah man.

I totally wasn't planning on the end of this chapter, tbh... I was honestly planning the proposal for the end of the story, but yet here we are which is fine by me cause it was totally gonna happen eventually lol. 

I cry. 

dedication goes to TamaraJo1211

comment

and

vote

connie xx