fifty-two: the pancake parade

Harry wakes up the next morning completely alone, Niall wasn't in the bed with him and Noah wasn't asleep in the bassinet they'd set up next to their bed. Harry doesn't panic though, figuring that Niall had woken up with Noah and was more than likely downstairs with the baby. Harry thinks about joining them, but he was actually enjoying the peace and quiet of the bedroom at the current moment. Don't get him wrong, he loved Noah and he was so glad he was here, but Harry missed the moments that weren't filled with a screaming baby. 

Harry lets out a sigh when he hears his phone ping from across the room, letting him know that he'd just gotten a text message. He didn't want to get up, actually quite comfortable but knowing his luck it was his mother demanding her daily Noah photo/update. 

So Harry climbs out of the bed, shivering a little when his feet touch the ground as it was a tad bit chilly. Harry slowly moves towards the phone, frowning a little when he sees that it's not his mother but Zayn. 

From: Zaynie Boo Received: 8:08 AM 

CODE RED. NEED TO TALK ASAP. 

To: Zaynie Boo Sent: 8:12 AM 

what's going on? 

From: Zaynie Boo Received: 8:13 AM 

just need to talk. meet me for lunch? 

To: Zaynie Boo Sent: 8:14 AM 

let me talk to Niall... but I think I can manage lunch. 

Harry puts his phone back down on the dresser, grabbing a pair of socks out of the drawer before pulling them on. He heads into the bathroom to brush his teeth before he heads towards the stairs. He slowly makes his way downstairs where he can hear Niall singing, a smile crossing over his face as he listens to the sound. Harry always loved listening to Niall sing, the sound itself the most comforting thing. 

"Yeah you were dancing to your favorite song, and all my friends they were singing along. We got down, we got high, oh the moment felt so right. So let's run free and carry on, like we did when we were young." Niall sings softly, only stopping when he sees Harry standing in the door of the kitchen. Noah was in his little baby bouncer on the kitchen counter as Niall makes breakfast. 

"Good morning, sleep well?" He asks, earning a nod from Harry as he walks further into the kitchen. He coos down at Noah, adjusting the beanie on his head which earns a small squeak from the baby. 

"How long have you guys been up?" Harry asks as he sits down on one of the stools next to the counter. He lets Noah grab one of his fingers as he makes faces at the baby even though he knew Noah couldn't really focus on him just yet. 

"About a half hour, I think? He had a bit of a nappy situation, didn't feel like waking you up. You deserved a little extra sleep if I'm being completely honest." Niall says, earning a look from Harry. 

"I wouldn't mind if you woke me up too, you know." Harry says, earning a shrug from Niall who finishes up with what looks like pancakes. Harry doesn't realize how hungry he was until Niall slides a plate over to him. 

"Thank you, you take such good care of me." Harry says, leaning forward so that Niall can place a soft peck on his lips. 

"Of course I do, you're my fiancee." Niall says and Harry feels like his heart drops to the floor because that was the first mention of getting married since their fight. Harry swallows thickly, adjusting his position a little as he stares down at his pancakes. 

"What?" Niall asks, catching Harry's change in mood. Harry starts to pick at his food, unable to bring himself to look at Niall at that very moment. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Niall asks, pressing a little harder and Harry lets out a sigh before he looks up at Niall. 

"No... It's just... You called me your fiancee." Harry says, trailing off as he stares at Niall. Niall looks a little surprised at what Harry had said, blinking at him as it takes him a moment to respond. 

"Well that's what you are, aren't you? I mean, yeah... we had a fight, but I thought we were still getting married." Niall says and Harry bites down on his lip as he tries to think of what to say. 

"I just... I don't know if I want to get married now, Niall. I'm happy with things the way they are, do we really want to mess that up by getting married?" Harry finds himself saying and Niall quirks an eyebrow at that before he looks a little angry. 

"Well getting married kind of is the next step, Harry. I personally feel like we're ready for that step and a few months back you were too, so what changed?" Niall asks, crossing his arms over his chest and Harry lets out a sigh. 

"You still don't believe me about your mum for starters." Harry says and Niall lets out a scoff. 

"Are you really still hanging on to that? I thought we'd moved past this, H. We forgave each other, we moved on." 

"Yet you're still trying to get me to like her despite the fact that she accused me of cheating on you." 

"She didn't mean it-" Niall starts only to be interrupted by the sound of Noah letting out a very loud shriek. Harry is quick to tend to the baby, taking him out of his bouncer and shushing him as Noah wails. Noah wasn't having any of it though and Harry was certain this was Noah's first full on fit. 

"We'll finish this later." Harry says before walking out of the kitchen, effectively finishing the conversation for the meantime. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tbh, this just happened. it wasn't supposed to blow up like it did, but i liked it when i was finished and i'm leaving it. yes i said this story was fluffy af, but it's chapter fifty-two. we've had at least forty chapters of pure fluff, i gotta write some angst or i might lose my head. 

so yeah, it's also cause i haven't been in a fluffy mood cause my ex's best friend just tried to ask me out yesterday and since then my ex won't leave me alone and i just... bleh. i think i'm just gonna settle for dying alone with thirty cats. thanks fam.

so dedication goes to lizelol

comment

and

vote

connie xx