thirty-one: home is wherever you are

When Harry wakes up the next morning, he's pretty convinced that yesterday was just a dream. He woke up to an empty bed, Niall's side cold to the touch with no sign of having been slept in. Harry tries to ignore how sad that makes him feel, the younger pulling himself up a little with a frown. He lets out a sigh when he realizes the only reason why he's awake is because he has to pee, baby Jedi had made it a habit now to always be sitting right on his bladder. 

So Harry climbs out of the bed, slowly walking towards the bathroom. After he finishes, Harry washes his hands and brushes his teeth before getting ready to head to the kitchen for something to eat. Harry stops when he notices Niall's suitcase by the bedroom door, his heart skipping a beat as he blinks just to make sure it was actually there. When it remains in the same place, Harry is quick to exit the bedroom and search the house for Niall. 

"Ni?" Harry calls out, a confused expression on his face when he doesn't see Niall anywhere in the house. Then Harry catches sight of him on their back porch, sitting in a chair on the patio as he sips at what Harry was assuming was tea. Harry walks out to join him, earning a smile from the older boy when he catches sight of him. 

"Good morning, Dollface. Sleep well?" Niall asks, opening his arms up so that Harry can sit down on his lap. Harry does just that, curling up onto Niall's chest and burying his face into the crook of his neck. 

"It's the best I've slept in months, if I'm being completely honest." Harry whispers, humming softly as he continues to cuddle with Niall. 

"Same. It's always nice to have a cuddle bug sleeping in my bed." Niall teases, earning a laugh from Harry who moves to place a kiss against Niall's cheek. 

"How long are you staying?" Harry asks after a few moments of silence, looking out at their little backyard as Niall lets out a sigh. 

"A week, I think. Myles wasn't really very specific about it, but I'm pretty sure it's a week." Niall says and Harry was more than okay with a week. 

"That gives us time to look for a house." Harry points out, earning a nod from Niall who tightens his hold on Harry. 

"Is that what you want to do today?" Niall asks and Harry moves his head away from the crook of Niall's neck so that he can look at the older boy. 

"I want to do whatever you want to do, as long as we do it together." Harry says and Niall smiles down at Harry. 

"Let's go see if we can find a house then, you have any in particular?" Niall asks and Harry lets out a sigh before getting ready to move off of Niall's lap only to have the older boy tighten his grip on Harry. 

"Don't go in yet, I'm enjoying this." Niall whispers and Harry laughs a little before sitting still. 

"I'm gonna have to get up eventually, I still haven't had breakfast which means Jedi hasn't had breakfast." Harry says and Niall is quick to let Harry go then, helping the younger boy stand up before Niall himself stands up. 

"C'mon, let's get you guys something to eat and then we'll go look at houses. The sooner we get that done, the less stressed you'll be." Niall says, linking his fingers with Harry's and practically dragging the younger boy into the kitchen. 

-------------------

"Alright, so this is the last one... If we don't like this one, we're either gonna need to up our budget or look even further out of London." Niall says, letting out a sigh as he pulls up in front of the final house. Niall gets out of the car, jogging over to Harry's side to open the door before he got the chance to. Niall grabs Harry's hand once he's out of the car, shutting the door and locking the car before they walk up to the house. Harry looks around, liking the fact that it had a gated driveway.

"They don't have hardwood floors..." Niall says once they walk into the home, but Harry couldn't be more over the moon at that fact. 

"With a baby, hardwood is probably the last thing we want." Harry says, looking around the house as they walk further in. Harry literally lets out a sigh of relief when he sees the kitchen isn't completely white and he's instantly falling in love with the black counter tops. 

"Kitchen is nice, I'm liking the front living space too. Wanna check out the backyard or the upstairs?" Niall asks and Harry looks away from the kitchen. 

"I wanna look at the backyard first... I saw what looked like a greenhouse or something on the site and I wanna see if it's actually there." Harry says, earning a nod from Niall who follows Harry towards the backyard. The second they were outside, Harry knew this was going to be their house. The backyard was just the right side, the back patio having a gazebo at the end and what actually turned out to be a conservatory just outside the door. 

"It's perfect, Ni." Harry whispers and Niall wraps his arms around Harry from behind as he places his chin onto Harry's shoulder. 

"Just as perfect as you." Niall says, earning a laugh from Harry but there was still a smile on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT TOOK ME LIKE FOUR HOURS TO FIND A HOUSE ON THE INTERWEBS IN LONDON THAT FIT NARRY CRITERIA AND LIKE... I STILL DON'T KNOW.

but this is what the front of the house looks like

and this is the back

I normally just make up houses, but idk

I normally just make up houses, but idk. this time I researched and I never do that... oh wells. 

also, zouis spinoff is a go. it'll be posted after we finish Narry's story :)

and also, thanks for 2k votes! you guys are amaze balls and it really means so much to me that you guys like this story as much as i like writing it. :)

anyways dedication goes to NarrySto

comment

and

vote

connie xx